Why don't k idols often have public beef or feuds amongst each other like Western celebrities?

• Why do you think they shy away from "feuds" or reality? 50

1. Companies are scared certain fans will go too far (3) 6%
    2. Fans are already engaged with voting, competitions and award shows (1) 2%
    3. It goes against the "good" idol concept /South Korean culture. (44) 88%
    4. Other (mention) (2) 4%

Be it Taylor vs Kanye, Kanye vs Drake, or Miley Cyrus vs Nicki Minaj,

Some of these Western feuds are real and some have been staged to drive up profit and engagement so why doesn't kpop companies adopt the formula as well?

Ikw that idols are not exactly A list celebrities in sk for the public to get invested but fandoms definitely will. So besides my theories on the poll what prevents companies from showing the messier parts of being a celebrity as well?

Desbundar

• Be it Taylor vs Kanye, Kanye vs Drake, or Miley Cyrus vs Nicki Minaj,

Some of these Western feuds are real and some have been staged to drive up profit and engagement so why doesn't kpop companies adopt the formula as well?

Ikw that idols are not exactly A list celebrities in sk for the public to get invested but fandoms definitely will. So besides my theories on the poll what prevents companies from showing the messier parts of being a celebrity as well?

If they were to get into fights they would get canceled and their company would probably get their contract over with. Besides maybe Jay Park- mans can do what he wants and people dont give a shiii

They don't know about the things we do
    giphy.gif
    They don't know about the I Love You's

• Is this just limited to Korean K-pop idols?

How is with other Korean artists besides K-pop idols - like hiphop/artists, solo artists (like IU), any other charting Korean artists?

I'm genuinely wondering, cause I don't know: is there known beef between Korean artists, like so often happens and is shown between American artists and celebs?

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• aren't kpop idols supposed to be pretty pg, considering they target young teens? It's a bit like the disney channel kids, no? Parents don't like it if their kids listen to people who act like tugs. Additionally, politeness and respect seem to be more ingrained in the culture at least on the surface.

• I cannot see any Kpop idols do something like this, unless they just hit a breaking point.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Idols are supposed to present a clean image, they can’t even openly criticize their haters, so no way they could have public fights.

Anyway i think public celebrity fights are immature in most cases, like for real, deal with it in private!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!