Mingyu situation (clarification) + Pledis Statement (updates)

• TW // mingyu situation

TW // sexual assault mentions

TW // sexual harassment mentions

TW// mentions of ableism

so pledis recently made a statement about the mingyu bullying situation, heres the post and the english version:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i just wanted to clarify some details in case anyone cares or is confused. also bc theres ppl mixing up details and frankly i dont like that bc it doesnt help the victim’s case.

this is the translation of the pann post made by the victim that made the whole situation blow up in the first place, WITH PROOF.

to sum this up:

1) Mingyu is being accused of bullying and sexual harassment NOT sexual assault. ppl keep mixing it up and this is NOT to say that it makes his actions any less wrong i just think its important to stick to the victim’s story.

now what he has done/said specifically according to op:

- whenever op wanted to voice her opinion mingyu was one of the bullies who rudely shut her down and as a result this made her never talk bc she was scared. (for what he said exactly read the post i linked).

-mingyu would make sexual comments/jokes around op, they were never directed to her. it escalated to the point where teachers had to tell him to stop but he still did it when they werent around. (now i dont wanna see anyone saying that this is nothing. these sexual comments were not directed at her but mingyu still made it a sexually hostile and uncomfortable environment, to the extent that op had to mention these instances to her therapist. think about that. you werent there so you cannot imagine how that must feel).

2) OP says that her mental health issues are not caused entirely by mingyu’s actions, she has just mentioned him in her therapy sessions.

-again i dont wanna see ppl making this seem like its nothing and that op is making this a big deal bc if it was to the extent that she had to mention it in therapy, ITS NOT NOTHING.

According to pledis in their statement, they are still looking into this. OP has stated that they dont want an apology and apparently they dont want to be contacted so idk what theyre going to do about this.

Now theres another bullying accusation involving mingyu and that is about the one in regards to the autistic student. there were classmates in a groupchat that were accusing mingyu of bullying an autistic student (theres a pann post about it im going to link it further down in the post).

According to pledis, these accusations are false because they and mingyu have been in contact with the austistic student and their family and they have confirmed that mingyu was not one of the students that bullied this student. Here’s more about it:

Theres also other accusations from ppl on pann claiming to be students from the same middle school as mingyu. One that has been talked about the most is this one:

4D9ABEE2-7B00-4925-9195-EA4CB5555964.jpeg

[UPDATE] So apparently there's been a mistranslation/misunderstanding, the victim in this post is actually male not female. this doesn't change anything its just some clarification.

This person is associated with the person who made the accusations about the autistic student (which is false) so idk what to take from it anymore.

However, pledis said that theyre still looking into the other accusations and will make other statements soon. According to pledis, Mingyu is also attempting to fact check apparently and has halted his activities.

So thats basically it as of rn. I dont want anyone to take this as a defense mingyu post bc its not. im just clarifying what we do know and what has been said. As of right now I still stand with the victims. Mingyu has apologized to the fans but that doesnt mean anything to me.

Anyways not everything has been cleared up yet so carats that have been insensitive throughout all of this, dont get too excited its not over.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

Edited 4 times, last by dokyeomhive ().

• ignorant question but how is sexual harassment if the ""jokes"" didnt were for her? ofcourse is stil bad but hows that sexual harassment? asking sincerely

• There are already threads about this though.

can you link cause i kept scrolling to look for some before i started writing this and i couldnt find any

nvm i found one it was just in a different section, and either way tho my thread goes more in depth about everything else sooo

"

final-1.gif

• ignorant question but how is sexual harassment if the ""jokes"" didnt were for her? ofcourse is stil bad but hows that sexual harassment? asking sincerely

this sums it up pretty well:FA14B11E-68D5-4AD2-8DA8-72F484C9F13D.jpeg

just bc theyre not directed at her specifically didnt mean that it didnt affect her. these jokes made her uncomfortable to the extent that the teachers had to get involved and TELL him to stop bc hes saying these things in front of a girl, but he continued anyway.

i think we cant dictate how shes supposed to feel bc we werent there. ive been victim of jokes like this before in hs and they may come off as jokes but it makes class extremely uncomfortable and hostile.

"

final-1.gif

• You keep saying that the guy did 'this' and 'that' as if it had already been confirmed. These are still just allegations which have not been proven true yet. I understand wanting to side with a victim (I'm a former victim of bullying and harassment myself), but no matter how "realistic" an allegation sounds that person is innocent until proven guilty and should be treated and referred to as such.

• You keep saying that the guy did 'this' and 'that' as if it had already been confirmed. These are still just allegations which have not been proven true yet. I understand wanting to side with a victim (I'm a former victim of bullying and harassment myself), but no matter how "realistic" an allegation sounds that person is innocent until proven guilty and should be treated and referred to as such.

you mustve missed points in my thread. i never said that these accusations have been confirmed (aside from the one about the autistic student that one is proven false) i simply said that i believe them rn bc they have proof.

"

final-1.gif

• dokyeomhive

Changed the title of the thread from “Mingyu situation + Pledis Statement” to “Mingyu situation (clarification) + Pledis Statement”.
  • you mustve missed points in my thread. i never said that these accusations have been confirmed (aside from the one about the autistic student that one is proven false) i simply said that i believe them rn bc they have proof.

You didn't have to say that the accusations had been confirmed, but you literally said, "Mingyu was one of the bullies," "Mingyu would make sexual comments/jokes," "Mingyu still made it a sexually hostile and uncomfortable environment," etc. Basically stating them as facts. I'm no fan of the man, but it irks me to see people being judge because of hearsay. I feel for the victims, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that absolutely nothing has been proven or been admitted. What they provided is not proof. I have photos of my classmates, photos of my schools, documents from my doctors too. I can easily falsely accuse them and post the pictures as "proof." Anyone can whip up a doctor's file from a template in minutes. False accusations/judgements/cancellations have lead to career ends or suicide. We must not assume someone is guilty before actual facts are known no matter how much we might feel for the alleged victim.

• I'm sad for Mingyu. Do people really think the one that they stan don't have a bad side? People deserves chances.. He just need to apologize and reflect to it. Removing him from the group is not it.

KAGEYAMA | BOKUTO | OIKAWA | AKAASHI | KUROO

• You didn't have to say that the accusations had been confirmed, but you literally said, "Mingyu was one of the bullies," "Mingyu would make sexual comments/jokes," "Mingyu still made it a sexually hostile and uncomfortable environment," etc. Basically stating them as facts. I'm no fan of the man, but it irks me to see people being judge because of hearsay. I feel for the victims, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that absolutely nothing has been proven or been admitted. What they provided is not proof. I have photos of my classmates, photos of my schools, documents from my doctors too. I can easily falsely accuse them and post the pictures as "proof." Anyone can whip up a doctor's file from a template in minutes. False accusations/judgements/cancellations have lead to career ends or suicide. We must not assume someone is guilty before actual facts are known no matter how much we might feel for the alleged victim.

if you cant use context clues that is not my problem. everything you just took from my thread was within the context of what the victim has stated. never did i say what she said was confirmed. my words on this situation hold no weight outside of this forum so go take your frustrations elsewhere bc I'm not the one.

"

final-1.gif

• not defending him, but I was shocked at how "well done" (not exactly the word I was looking for, but I think you guys understand what I mean) is Pledis statement. They said they'll consider the victims and that the issue is not solved yet.

also, I feel sad for the classmate with disability and their mother. First, because their past was discussed without consent, and second because their mom still remembers the names of the students who abused the victim. Imagine how traumatizing it must be for them both.

• this sums it up pretty well:FA14B11E-68D5-4AD2-8DA8-72F484C9F13D.jpeg

just bc theyre not directed at her specifically didnt mean that it didnt affect her. these jokes made her uncomfortable to the extent that the teachers had to get involved and TELL him to stop bc hes saying these things in front of a girl, but he continued anyway.

i think we cant dictate how shes supposed to feel bc we werent there. ive been victim of jokes like this before in hs and they may come off as jokes but it makes class extremely uncomfortable and hostile.

You also need to put in context, though, that this is not a situation of grown-up adults in a work environment.

Kids and teens do sexual jokes, quite a lot some of them.

With this, I'm not saying "Mingyu did nothing wrong" (if this is confirmed true), and for sure you would expect a student to be able to behave better, BUT I wouldn't put this on the same level of verbal sexual harassment at work.

• You also need to put in context, though, that this is not a situation of grown-up adults in a work environment.

Kids and teens do sexual jokes, quite a lot some of them.

With this, I'm not saying "Mingyu did nothing wrong" (if this is confirmed true), and for sure you would expect a student to be able to behave better, BUT I wouldn't put this on the same level of verbal sexual harassment at work.

you have to take in consideration tho that it escalated to the point of teachers getting involved and he didnt stop

"

final-1.gif

• thanks for this op, the threads about this case are all over the place and very confusing so yours was really helpful and summarized

no problem i tried my best! :borahae:

"

final-1.gif

• not defending him, but I was shocked at how "well done" (not exactly the word I was looking for, but I think you guys understand what I mean) is Pledis statement. They said they'll consider the victims and that the issue is not solved yet.

also, I feel sad for the classmate with disability and their mother. First, because their past was discussed without consent, and second because their mom still remembers the names of the students who abused the victim. Imagine how traumatizing it must be for them both.

i agree, pledis’ statement was well written and im content with their actions so far i just wish that they werent silent for two days straight and could told us that they were investigating.

also yes, i feel for the autistic classmate and their mother bc they said that the story of their bullying was revealed without their consent :(

"

final-1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!