BTS need to keep their heads down if they want to succeed as soloists in Korea

• Call me manti or whatever but it has to be said.

As a group, they might be untouchable, but as individuals, they're lacking a lot of public recognition.

They need to approach these solo debuts as rookies and do all kinds of promotions possible. That's how the songs can rise on charts and make their names more known to the public. Basically, keep their heads down and stop relying on the fandom to do all the works because it looks like even the fandom doesn't put enough effort for some members now.

The promotion for j-hope's debut has been disappointing except the lollapalooza stage but is that enough?

j-hope's strength is that he's a beast on stage so it's regrettable he's only doing the foreign music festival but not any stages in Korea. He invited all the A-list musicians to his party so he definitely care about local feedbacks so I just don't get it atp. :pepe-shrug:

Approved the thread.
  • He needs to get out there and promote his music on Korean music shows.

I don't know why he is not doing this. He is the least popular member of the group, BTSs hardcore fanbase in SK has either aged up or migrated to other groups so they cannot be relied on to carry all the solos in the long term.

There's also the issue of BTS music at the time of their explosion in popularity internationally, being very different to what jhope is doing - he cannot rely on fanbase alone because his music may not fit their usual taste and this is not even a malicious thing of not wanting to support him

• I was one of those bashing Hybe for the roll out but it turns out that hoseok decided it all. Idk what to say. It's not like they cannot promote its just that he chose no to do so. I hope other members promote it, RM on hihop shows and others on variety shows and singing shows. It'll be fun.

• He needs to get out there and promote his music on Korean music shows.

I don't know why he is not doing this. He is the least popular member of the group, BTSs hardcore fanbase in SK has either aged up or migrated to other groups so they cannot be relied on to carry all the solos in the long term.

There's also the issue of BTS music at the time of their explosion in popularity internationally, being very different to what jhope is doing - he cannot rely on fanbase alone because his music may not fit their usual taste and this is not even a malicious thing of not wanting to support him

This album looks more like a mixtape to me. I think it was an actual mixtape but Hybe asked him to promote it as an album.

• they need to release a public friendly song if they want to see their solos on top of melon

• I think for jhope one of his main goals with this album was to build up his credibility in the khh community. That's what he was looking for more instead of chart success. Not saying he didn't want his work to chart but that might've been a lower priority given his work with BTS?

I think if that's what he wants to do and if he'll have more work coming in the next years then this a good start. But if there's nothing else then idk.

I don't think it's about keeping their heads down. Some of them are not going to do music shows. Their songs don't fit the show + they don't like music shows themselves. They are all different individuals at the end of the day.

• This album looks more like a mixtape to me. I think it was an actual mixtape but Hybe asked him to promote it as an album.

Exactly, it feels like a mixtape.

I disagree on it being a mixtape but hybe asking him to promote it like an album. They've known since 2020 they were going to debut as soloists, they've been ready. My theory is that suga was supposed to debut first and d-2 was supposed to be an album but due to pandemic he released it like a mixtape for free

Anyway, back to hobi.

I have no idea what he's doing. There's no difference between hope world and jack in the box. None of them were promoted on korean shows and none of them have a physical copy. I don't even care about the charts but he needs to promote it to the public, they can't like something they've never heard of.

I don't get it.

I hope others are watching and learning what not to do. Moral of the story: do the opposite of what hobi has done

• I think for jhope one of his main goals with this album was to build up his credibility in the khh community. That's what he was looking for more instead of chart success. Not saying he didn't want his work to chart but that might've been a lower priority given his work with BTS?

I think if that's what he wants to do and if he'll have more work coming in the next years then this a good start. But if there's nothing else then idk.

I don't think it's about keeping their heads down. Some of them are not going to do music shows. Their songs don't fit the show + they don't like music shows themselves. They are all different individuals at the end of the day.

I'm not talking about music shows only. music shows aren't the only places for them to perform music. if you can make excuse like this with music shows, next time you will say "maybe they don't like korean music festivals/award shows/any other tv shows" etc then what's the point of being excellent performers but gatekeep themselves from performing? I just hope they perform more of their music outside their own concerts because not casual people get the chance to go to their concerts and group's concerts are all about groups' music, not solos.

• I'm not talking about music shows only. music shows aren't the only places for them to perform music. if you can make excuse like this with music shows, next time you will say "maybe they don't like korean music festivals/award shows/any other tv shows" etc then what's the point of being excellent performers but gatekeep themselves from performing? I just hope they perform more of their music outside their own concerts because not casual people get the chance to go to their concerts and group's concerts are all about groups' music, not solos.

That's not an excuse, some members have said it multiple times they don't like music shows. On the other hand in their recent fest video they did mention performing for festival or university crowds. What other avenues are their for performances in Korea?

Jhope could've done a lot more performances internationally though given there's no khh scene to target only ARMYs and performances will help in keeping the song more stable.

• they will do what they want to. end of story

• See this is what I mean. I don't even need their songs to top the charts but the results could have been better with more effort put in promotions.

But there's still hope it will be different with other members because yesterday Yoongi just performed in Psy's concert and look how much buzz he got from it. And Yoongi isn't even the member with most stage presence in BTS but he killed it effortlessly. Casuals are even surprised he dances that well and call him main dancer material :cryingr:

• Yeah I believe the speculation of D2 originally being an album because main title was kind of GP friendly and album had some collabs in it. Knowing suga he'll do better promo with actual gp friendly songs and A list collabs in the album. I hope he's the next one.

• I'm not talking about music shows only. music shows aren't the only places for them to perform music. if you can make excuse like this with music shows, next time you will say "maybe they don't like korean music festivals/award shows/any other tv shows" etc then what's the point of being excellent performers but gatekeep themselves from performing? I just hope they perform more of their music outside their own concerts because not casual people get the chance to go to their concerts and group's concerts are all about groups' music, not solos.

There are many singing variety shows in korea, they've higher ratings and many big artists perform there I wish bts do that.

• BTS got too big for them to promote like rookies even if individually they have the popularity of a rookie

• This thread is good proof of that you can have good discussions without hating on idols in anons. I don't agree with everything said here but I can understand everyone's point of view.

• Just let him do what he wants.

who are we to dictate what he does.

If he doesn't get Korean gp recognition, so be it.

• Korean see bts as a idol than an artist. Them korean like hip hop music but jhope can’t even chart because why? He’s still deemed as an idol and korean don’t like idol music.

• This thread is good proof of that you can have good discussions without hating on idols in anons. I don't agree with everything said here but I can understand everyone's point of view.

True. But it's nothing new. ARMYs have this discussion even in the main.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!