Global ambassadors for luxury brands only became a thing in kpop after Gucci picked Kai everyone should say thank you to him

• ISaidISaid

Changed the title of the thread from “Global ambassadors for kuxry brands only became a thing in kpop after Gucci picked Kai everyone should say thank you to him” to “Global ambassadors for luxury brands only became a thing in kpop after Gucci picked Kai everyone should say thank you to him”.
  • now tell who started the trend of Humanxbrandname :pepe-slash:

Idk who started it but Gucci Korea literally sent him a truck calling him Human Gucci 😭😭😭

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Didn’t it start with Jennie? If I’m not mistaken she was the first kpop idol (of this generation) to become a Global Ambassador (for Chanel)

Pretty sure it was KAI. There were many house ambassadors and Korean ambassadors. But Kai was the first ever luxury brand Global ambassador. It wasn’t a thing before him.

Unless I made this up in my head sorry it’s been a while but I think I’m correct maybe

• Nah, I will not thank Kai because I think high fashion is tacky.

My faves was tacky anyway in their coordinated bedazzled outfits, but now they aren't even coordinated anymore. :pepe-slash:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Didn’t it start with Jennie? If I’m not mistaken she was the first kpop idol (of this generation) to become a Global Ambassador (for Chanel)

Does Chanel have global ambassadors though? And no, kpop related sites are not a source.

It doesn't matter anyway since I read they only care about western (white) representatives anyway - Lily rose, Kristen Stewart and Margott roby or however their names are spelled. They are the ones who get all the major gigs and others are there for their countries(which just looks like a cookie for diversity). That means Jennie just represents Korea.

Apparently all the european brands don't really care about Asian ambassadors and are catering to them only bc of the huge Asian market, and no one is buying them in Europe the way they did before. So all those shallow superficial words in one tweet/post on social media don't really mean a thing if the idols/actors are treated as an after thought.

Now Jisoo and Rose I heard get treated as they deserve. What that dior ceo said about Jisoo was nice and they seem to adore her. I have also seen Rose face being posted on a huge building in New York (YSL me thinks), and she's besties with the main guy there, so that's double cool.

• Does Chanel have global ambassadors though? And no, kpop related sites are not a source.

It doesn't matter anyway since I read they only care about western (white) representatives anyway - Lily rose, Kristen Stewart and Margott roby or however their names are spelled. They are the ones who get all the major gigs and others are there for their countries(which just looks like a cookie for diversity). That means Jennie just represents Korea.

Apparently all the european brands don't really care about Asian ambassadors and are catering to them only bc of the huge Asian market, and no one is buying them in Europe the way they did before. So all those shallow superficial words in one tweet/post on social media don't really mean a thing if the idols/actors are treated as an after thought.

Now Jisoo and Rose I heard get treated as they deserve. What that dior ceo said about Jisoo was nice and they seem to adore her. I have also seen Rose face being posted on a huge building in New York (YSL me thinks), and she's besties with the main guy there, so that's double cool.

Whose dupe

• Apparently all the european brands don't really care about Asian ambassadors and are catering to them only bc of the huge Asian market, and no one is buying them in Europe the way they did before. So all those shallow superficial words in one tweet/post on social media don't really mean a thing if the idols/actors are treated as an after thought

Also false. I literally saw with my own two eyes Kai’s ads in every Gucci store here in the Bay Area

Here is Kai in Dubai

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And London and Poland and Macau

When Gucci said global ambassador they really meant global.

• People talk really loudly without crediting the main man who led all your favs.

Now say thank you.

#PavedTheWay

:pepe-tea:

External Content youtu.be

• Unless I made this up in my head sorry it’s been a while but I think I’m correct maybe

I'm loving this :pepe-hehe:

• I wonder how much $$$$ these celebs make? do they get paid in usd? are they making as much as their western counterparts? (is that a thing?):pepe-notes:

I know that he's Exo and that means he earns a lot but Kai now owns a million dollar home.

I think they are paid well.

• Additionally no one at SM had any tie with high end brands my boy did it all on his own thats paving the way :pepe-slash:

#underdog #literal paving of the road

Because of his tacky style making Gucci look good for all of 2018

But SNSD were known to do many brand endorsements. It was part of their image but I get you mean global high end which was rare yes but they also did that. For global luxury brands they were the models for Dior for awhile C02AA308-EBF7-47FA-B8CE-39DC75DB0A20.jpeg

lt64IYu.gif

• What’s that supposed to mean?

I replied to you saying no one in SM had ties with high end brands before which is not true.

Not saying Kai got it because of SM (if that what you understood by SNSD’s Dior mention).

That’s not what I meant by tie in. I mean being an ambassador. They’re are plenty of ppl in and out of SM in Korea who film CF’s/model/go to events organized by luxury brands.

After Kai’s global ambassador ship not just within in SM like sehun for Dior (he’s actually a global ambassador btw like full scale) Chanyeol for Prada and many others as well including actors started getting global ambassadorship. That’s what it means.

Rest assured it was a cultural reset when it happened in 2019. New for SM and new for kpop.

• That’s not what I meant by tie in. I mean being an ambassador. They’re are plenty of ppl in and out of SM in Korea who film CF’s/model/go to events organized by luxury brands.

After Kai’s global ambassador ship not just within in SM like sehun for Dior (he’s actually a global ambassador btw like full scale) Chanyeol for Prada and many others as well including actors started getting global ambassadorship. That’s what it means.

Rest assured it was a cultural reset when it happened in 2019. New for SM and new for kpop.

Okay ambassadorship definitely new and I wasn’t replying to the whole thread but the tie thing but I guess you had a specific meaning in mind for that. Then yeah SNSD were modeling for Dior for more than one cf in both cosmetics and bags plus “representing” but they were not declared ambassadors or muse level if that what you meant by ties.

lt64IYu.gif

• Thank you Kai^

" Failure has had no place in her career ” - Forbes

• External Content youtu.be

Irrelevant to my thread now say thank you Kai

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!