I'm surprised that SM is going to debut someone who was born in 1996

• I just recently noticed that SM revealed new trainees. One of them is literally about to turn 26 years old this year

I remember how people allways complained when companies debuted groups where nobody of the member was older than 22 years and where the majority of member was even under 20. People allways wanted an idol that debuted at 25 and older and only a very small hand of company did so, but that was mostly in groups of underrated companies so far and than often also with older idols who allready finished the militery service (As for example KB of OnlyOneOf who debuted as he was 27 years old). But now than an major comapnies is doing it, things seem to be different.

What do you guys think?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• How did you know that?

That he's born in 1996? They introduced new Rookies at the beginning of the month and they announced their birth years in a magazine profile.

this is the guy. He's from Japan.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• and yeah it's really refreshing to see that agency can still give a chane to an adult to debut and not just young idol who are raise in dance practice

it's refreshing to see someone who's not a newborn debut

But stuff like this is still giving some people weird thoughts. I mean as example it's been almost 2 years now since RBW revealed their latest trainees and one of them is also born in 1996. People were confused saying things like if that company would be sure that they really want to debut someone who is born that late and if that boy would really want to become member in a group that age. But than again it's compared to the SM-trainees more uncleat in RBW if they ever debut their own trainees (don't get me started more things about RBW's trainee-group)

• That he's born in 1996? They introduced new Rookies at the beginning of the month and they announced their birth years in a magazine profile.

this is the guy. He's from Japan.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ooh interesting. But honestly I think 1996 is not that old anyway.

• Ooh interesting. But honestly I think 1996 is not that old anyway.

I agree! I think it's nice to see someone who is a fully grown adult debuting. I'm really excited to see his skills. :mesmerized-bee:

• One of the biggest impediments to debuting this old is enlistment, but he's Japanese.

Preferably you don't want to debut older than 21 so that you can be in the group for the whole 7 years before enlisting.

• But stuff like this is still giving some people weird thoughts. I mean as example it's been almost 2 years now since RBW revealed their latest trainees and one of them is also born in 1996. People were confused saying things like if that company would be sure that they really want to debut someone who is born that late and if that boy would really want to become member in a group that age. But than again it's compared to the SM-trainees more uncleat in RBW if they ever debut their own trainees (don't get me started more things about RBW's trainee-group)

The only people who are being weird about it are either young teens or questionable themselves. Like grown adults who think that only 16 year olds should be debuting are already questionable.

Most people are very excited about him debuting. There are rumors about him auditioning for SM ten times and working part time jobs to support his dream. :pleading:

• oh i am not surprised he is former member of boygroup

Not exactly tho

Since I know another guy who was in the same group and from his new group most people were trainee in the same Japanese company before, it more went like that they put some trainees together to see if they could work out as a group but for whatever reasons it never worked out, and therefore some people were in 3 or 4 different pre-debut groups before. Thats also why it's so hard to research on those groups if you try to find stuff like videos and pictures etc.

The pre-debut group Shohei was in used to be called BXB but they as it seems never released official music. Most of the other member also totally disapeared and never were seen again outside of a guy called Leo who is now in one of Japan's most popular rookie groups. (EDIT: just to notice tho lol I have a pic of Leo and his group on my signature lmao)

• i've noticed sm seem to not hesitate to debut idols in late 20s

plus how all aespa members were around 18 at debut was nice to see, its a good trend

Another User allready mentioned aespa being kind of old for their debute would mean that its more an exception of the rule that idols now debute at younger age. Guess it wasnt that uncommon in the passt.

Have one member in the group,being a few years older, also wont change anything. That has been the case since BEG Kahi i think.

Sorry. but unless a big3 group debute a group completly of 23-26yo and that group will be successfull i dont see any change in trend or surprise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!