Why does everyone trash kpop talent but then praise American music industry?

• wap is literally the anthem of 2020 on America.

And yall have the audacity to come for Lisa?

People say 'nobody in kpop can really sing to a ww level' ??????

How is this accurate.. attend ANY AMERICAN MUSIC SHOW AWARDS the performances are absolutely dreadful.... most the artist sing the songs in lower keys or put the mic to the crowd when they are out of breath.

Dont even get me started on the million lil rappers who lets face it.. are no better than Taeyong.

Hey if you wanna have super strict standards then good for you!! But dont you downgrade Korean talent and overrate western talent that's prejudce and imo xenophobic.

Taylor swift, dua lipa, Rihanna most these idols are not an amazing talent and ailee would wipe the floor with all of them on her worst day. Even the likes of Adele and Ariana cant compare to the Vocal talent kpop has.. baekhyun ??? Kyuhyun ?? Sanduel ?? Luna ? Bloody hell... tired of this xenophobic mindset. Kpop industry talent and quality wise is as good and imo better than the western currently.

You know I just can't stop it when my heart sky rockets for you
    2ea319bd63705a25c50232df2ae317d871d3ad36.gifv d1ef5d384b1910b5a37c49c48b1b0c82fd7573ed.gifv 1f0bd7c83dbb180bdf5e7b6f561bb556fa21671f.gifv

• yall clearly never heard a jaejoong to spout such bs like kpop is inferior

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe YOUR faves dont have a lot of talent.. but overall the best who do it in kpop do so very well!!

2ea319bd63705a25c50232df2ae317d871d3ad36.gifv d1ef5d384b1910b5a37c49c48b1b0c82fd7573ed.gifv 1f0bd7c83dbb180bdf5e7b6f561bb556fa21671f.gifv

• Well I think it’s because in order to becoming a leading group in kpop you need to visually be pleasing, talent isn’t a main deciding factor, just be good looking and have decent enough music. In America talent plays a roll, for example some not so good looking artist are huge because of their talent, we don’t let visuals be the main deciding factor.

:whatr:

aespa edit | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespa jimin | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiridolady.tumblr.com - TumbexAespa gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Sandeul alone>>>>>>> :yesr:

Plus the kpop industry has a mix of Jonghyun, Onew, Taemin, and Key in one group, sooo :wellr:

Mores seriously, yeah, people tend to discount kpop talent, presumably a mix of xenophobia and the fact it's sorta targeted towards teenage girls. But I've seen people do it to the western industry here, so its a two way street. Y'all, there are talents in both, stop this nonsense of "the west has no good rappyouers" etc. :boredr:

• Also in the west anyone can make it, companies don’t matter people don’t pay attention to that, it’s literally all about music first then things like visuals, personality all that comes after. Whereas kpop is all about your company and it seems more controlled like idols really have no freedom, in the west they would sue if they tried that rubbish

:boredr:

aespa edit | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespa jimin | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiridolady.tumblr.com - TumbexAespa gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Sorry you lost me when you said Adele can’t compare to Baekhyun......etc...

By the way kpop fans do the same thing, downplay western music and over praise kpop.

• Well I think it’s because in order to becoming a leading group in kpop you need to visually be pleasing, talent isn’t a main deciding factor, just be good looking and have decent enough music. In America talent plays a roll, for example some not so good looking artist are huge because of their talent, we don’t let visuals be the main deciding factor.

:whatr:

Yeah.

Kpop has both good looking and talent though.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bap or 1 direction huh people ??

• Sorry you lost me when you said Adele can’t compare to Baekhyun......etc...

By the way kpop fans do the same thing, downplay western music and over praise kpop.

Lmao if you genuinely think Adele and her shaky lives can compare to Baekhyun vocal skills you dont know a single thing about vocals.

Baekhyun could sing her entire discography in her key better than her live and thats facts.

• Yeah I don’t think kpop is untalented at all, I do think they’ll rather a good looking idol with little to no talent than A talented idol that’s not good looking and that’s a big problem for people in the west. We like talented created people, but kpop Is visuals and if you have talent then that’s gold

:yesr:

• LMAO you just insulted the whole american music industry lmao

That's okay, that's hilarious and I agree.

There are some talented American singers and rappers, but I think that people overlook the talent in KPOP. I also heard a lot of Americans say that KPOP is stupid or dumb when really the music isn't that different sometimes and mostly in another language. I don't get KPOP haters sometimes...

• i know there are ugly people in the western ent industry but that is mostly men??

all the women are really pretty like beyonce and britney, taylor, ariana, lana, katy perry, etc etc.

Just because post malone, drake and ed sheeran are ugly......

Except beyonce and britney when they were younger (well I guess taylor at some point when she was younger too), the rest are all ugly - and nothing compared to kpop visuals.

• LMAO you just insulted the whole american music industry lmao

That's okay, that's hilarious and I agree.

There are some talented American singers and rappers, but I think that people overlook the talent in KPOP. I also heard a lot of Americans say that KPOP is stupid or dumb when really the music isn't that different sometimes and mostly in another language. I don't get KPOP haters sometimes...

My issue is that it comes from WITHIN kpop community.

I've seen so many threads and comments saying that kpop lacks real vocal or rap talent.. its ridiculous how they trash kpop but stan kpop groups. they are clear visual stans.

• Because for the most part kpop is about a decade behind the Western music industry in terms of trends so most people write it off as bad because it's not the same as what's out today. Alternatively because it's different you get a bunch of 14 yo kpop fans going "omg Western artists could never!"

my name is mark. you can mark me in your heart.

mark01.gif mark03.gif mark02.gif

• Because they are significantly better and more talented. Music and performances and stage presence is better aswell, more variety as well.

I mean theoretically kpop is equal to that of Disney channel, there are songs that are good but it’s seen as too childish and “safe” there’s no real substance to a lot of the music. Outside of that main demographic kpop just doesn’t have mass appeal. Only certain groups have broken the mold and shown real artistry and that is reflected in their chart performance and recognition.

• My issue is that it comes from WITHIN kpop community.

I've seen so many threads and comments saying that kpop lacks real vocal or rap talent.. its ridiculous how they trash kpop but stan kpop groups. they are clear visual stans.

ohh really?

Oh that makes sense. I've seen that a lot. And I still can't get over how someone would say that Blackpink isn't talented or Twice isn't talented, etc.

• WAP is a fun-as-hell, sticky, audacious song and Megan's verses are so f*cking good. (not a fan of Cardi's rap, but I'll admit she has charisma and presence for days) Yes, I'll take it (and Chloe and Halle, and all of Megan and Nicki's discog, and much of Ariana's, and Halsey's, and...) over 99% of kpop gg songs, sorry not srry.

Kpop has performing TALENT like crazy but that's different than it having up-to-date, interesting music and presence; 99% of agencies do not cultivate most of their idols becoming individual artists or growing in any major way bc of the nature of the scene. It's too bad because many are so incredibly talented.

Because for the most part kpop is about a decade behind the Western music industry in terms of trends so most people write it off as bad because it's not the same as what's out today. Alternatively because it's different you get a bunch of 14 yo kpop fans going "omg Western artists could never!"

Yup this. Kpop is still doing EDM from 10-3 years ago. It's baffling, even when it's good. It can make it hard to take seriously as a music scene. I love the dancing and showmanship so if I seem cranky it's bc I want them to give me great music, too.

Because they are significantly better and more talented. Music and performances and stage presence is better aswell, more variety as well.

I mean theoretically kpop is equal to that of Disney channel, there are songs that are good but it’s seen as too childish and “safe” there’s no real substance to a lot of the music. Outside of that main demographic kpop just doesn’t have mass appeal. Only certain groups have broken the mold and shown real artistry and that is reflected in their chart performance and recognition.

Exactly - and the truth is it's not that they COULDN'T have more variety and interesting stage presence, but its not nurtured. All of these issues combo together to make kpop seem like candy. And that's great and it is what it is, but like I said I find it frustrating because of all that talent.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!