RE : why rosé did better than nayeon on Korean charts

• OP

Y’all said nayeon would flop and now y’all pissed and making excuses to discredit her ☠️

Why would you compare 2021 song to a 2022 song when ULS decreased. unique listeners debuts just show who had the most hype not the biggest hit. Because I could say rollin is bigger than Dynamite and next level or Still life is bigger than Tomboy and love dive. But that’s not case.

• Comparing Twice to BP solos lacks veracity due to the timing of their releases.

YG's approach to solos was striking when the iron was hot, especially in Jennie's case - Jennie blew up in 2018 when she went viral on Running Man and then became a permanent fixture on a variety show after, subsequently leading to her solo debut a few weeks later. As a result she was hotly anticipated and had her debut with 900k UL's? Rose had her debut as the first release after BP's biggest year in SK, Lovesick Girls was probably knocking around in the top 15/20 when she released.

Nayeon released after Twice's worst digital release ever in Scientist and at a time when the Twice brand in SK is the lowest it has been since debut in terms of interest. It was only back in 2019 when Nayeon was the highest placed female girl-group idol on Gallup but a lot has changed since then.

Once you factor in Nayeon has done no solo promotions before this release on top of releasing at a time when the brand she is a part of is probably at the lowest it has been in years so has a lot less momentum, comparing it to BP with how YG have approached their careers it's night and day. The similarities end at them being top girl group members at big companies for this comparison, which is missing most of the narrative and nuance.

It'd be like the most popular member of Aespa debuting later this year and comparing it to someone from Ive debuting a few years later when the group isn't as popular in SK anymore with no solo promo to boot in that period.

Completely different strategies and scenarios.

• U all were dowplaying rose, not the other way around when 2 songs were in English

Ny/twice fans did the same comparing twice recent tour to BP 3 year old tour and they never learn. U all gotta have a kink shame or smth

• U all were dowplaying rose, not the other way around when 2 songs were in English

Ny/twice fans did the same comparing twice recent tour to BP 3 year old tour and they never learn. U all gotta have a kink shame or smth

yeah they were the ones downplaying Rosé I don't get how they are trying to make it as blinks started this

• The difference u mention it's right there.

Ny song didn't start strong but it rise due to promoting, her videos of her apparence in Korean reality are trending in yt

And people cant tell BP get that bc it's all people complain about always or are we gonna switch up now? Jennie was 1 in chart but she didn't appear in music shows until two weeks into her debut and rose when to 1 show, her make her TikTok was what keep her promo going

• yeah they were the ones downplaying Rosé I don't get how they are trying to make it as blinks started this

It's like everybody think YG is so fucking smart for making BP having more indivual schedules bc that in the future will make them the n1 gg :pepestare:

This company is made of dumbasses, we don't even have a cmb date and it's fucking July while the company stocks go down every single month

They are not the master mind u think they are

• Lmao we are really gonna act like people werent expecting Jennie to flop in 2018. BP not only barely had group promos but moreso rarely had solo promos. Especially in 2018. Barely into their 2nd year. I know you guys arent trying to say that debuting solo when your own group is still fresh itself is guaranteed success and not extremely risky.

The thread starts with why rosé charted better than nayeon and you say onces are discrediting rosé I’m not gonna talk about the quotes because some of them are slow.

We aren’t gonna act people were saying nayeon would flop because of twice’s decline in Korea literally the first release day someone asked why nayeon was flopping.

Why are you even talking about a damn world tour when it was no correlation and it’s not like twice wasn’t selling out arenas and domes until now

• The thread starts with why rosé charted better than nayeon and you say onces are discrediting rosé I’m not gonna talk about the quotes because some of them are slow.

We aren’t gonna act people were saying nayeon would flop because of twice’s decline in Korea literally the first release day someone asked why nayeon was flopping.

Why are you even talking about a damn world tour when it was no correlation and it’s not like twice wasn’t selling out arenas and domes until now

Bc u always want to forget the circumstances in which any of those things happen and that's not how it's done

U have people telling ny will flop? rose was the same case bc YG barely giver her promo, the isn't was in English, the song was perform a month before in bo concert

And I wasn't one to said anything about ny, I told many people, specially in the digital thread that her promo would help her bc she was going to many shows, a luxury BP and their members rarely or ever has so don't pull me up with that people

• A lot of backtracking and excuses happening now that nayeons massive success everywhere both in SK and internationally. Makes it even more impressive considering twice quite literally had zero individual activities for 7 years, and for years everyone said no twice solo would do well. Now that she is killing the goalposts are moving as expected.

• No but what promotions did Nayeon had for her solo debut??? She promoted her song for like a week in music shows and 2 variety show appearances. That's it. What else? TikTok vids? Like every artist out there isn't doing those.

Rosè went to variety shows too and before that in 2021, she went to KB and RM with BP. Nayeon on the other hand, had no TV show appearance in 2021.

Nayeon didn't had more promotions at all. Stop lying.

• Why would you compare 2021 song to a 2022 song when ULS decreased.

This ul decrease excuse needs to go. March - May the overall uls were good. Also there isn't all that much difference between 2021 and 2022 for songs not to be compared.

If a song is going to be a big hit ul wise it'll reach it.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• The difference u mention it's right there.

Ny song didn't start strong but it rise due to promoting, her videos of her apparence in Korean reality are trending in yt

And people cant tell BP get that bc it's all people complain about always or are we gonna switch up now? Jennie was 1 in chart but she didn't appear in music shows until two weeks into her debut and rose when to 1 show, her make her TikTok was what keep her promo going

Sorry but what are you even trying to say here? I'm saying there are a lot of differences between the two - saying the "difference is right there" is reiterating my point even more.

Music shows have never been the best promo, especially back in 2018 when it was still all about variety. The variety show she was on was running throughout her debut which probably led to her later appearances on music shows.

Lmao we are really gonna act like people werent expecting Jennie to flop in 2018. BP not only barely had group promos but moreso rarely had solo promos. Especially in 2018. Barely into their 2nd year. I know you guys arent trying to say that debuting solo when your own group is still fresh itself is guaranteed success and not extremely risky.

You might as well say you weren't following kpop in 2018. Jennie was a permanent fixture in a variety show during her release, a few weeks after a solo Running Man appearance from the rest of the group.

Yes - debuting when your group and name is highly known is a lot less risky. What kind of logic is the latter that debuting solo when your group and name is on a downward trend is less risky? I'd be curious to understand the logic behind that.

• This ul decrease excuse needs to go. March - May the overall uls were good. Also there isn't all that much difference between 2021 and 2022 for songs not to be compared.

If a song is going to be a big hit ul wise it'll reach it.

And how many songs reached 500k Uls this year? Two ?

Last year in June AF was 8 with 300k uls pop is 7 with 250k ULS.

Despite big artists are slowly coming the ULS didn’t even rise e

• why did Rose do better than nayeon? Well, because she's more popular than nayeon lol.

Rosie was fighting IU full album release, Korean's hero LYW and Brave Girls viral moment all at the same time with her two English Songs. Koreans appreciated her solo despite the language barrier. Only BTS english songs were more successful.

• And how many songs reached 500k Uls this year? Two ?

Last year in June AF was 8 with 300k uls pop is 7 with 250k ULS.

Despite big artists are slowly coming the ULS didn’t even rise e

Because people don't care about the songs released. Hardly any big hits this year. Even most of those driven by longevity.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Dude i was here at 2018, she went like twice on running man and on a show that she barely was able to attend because YG withdrew her due to the dating scandal. A few solo appearances when she has barely gotten her name out there at that point werent going to guarantee her a hit. There are many many idols going solo after big group hits AND solo activities, YEARS into their career that were never able to achieve what Jennie did with solo. I remember very well the reactions of people and that everyone thought it was very early, doubting Jennie and that it was gonna do well and it was a surprise to everyone, fans included. Stop trying to paint your own narrative to make Jennie's achievements less impressive.

• Because people don't care about the songs released. Hardly any big hits this year. Even most of those driven by longevity.

Longetivity is important in a hit too tho. Time of release as well. Le sserafim was barely in 10-9th place on melon with 250k UL when they released and a few days ago the top 5 had less than that.

Side note : This isnt to say Nayeon's song isnt doing really well, her song is very well on its way on becoming a hit just ffs stop downplaying everything BP and its members are able to achieve. When Nayeon released people here were even saying Rose isnt that popular in korea...

• Dude i was here at 2018, she went like twice on running man and on a show that she barely was able to attend because YG withdrew her due to the dating scandal. A few solo appearances when she has barely gotten her name out there at that point werent going to guarantee her a hit. There are many many idols going solo after big group hits AND solo activities, YEARS into their career that were never able to achieve what Jennie did with solo. I remember very well the reactions of people and that everyone thought it was very early, doubting Jennie and that it was gonna do well and it was a surprise to everyone, fans included. Stop trying to paint your own narrative to make Jennie's achievements less impressive.

Jennie didn't get on the second season which started in 2019, she was in every episode in S1 which was her solo release period.

Name me multiple soloists that started their careers 7 years in with no solo work before that and were subsequently very successful. The number one reason you'll see cited as to why a solo from a popular group hasn't done well is because they started too late, how many times do you hear a solo not doing well because they started too early?

Jennie wasn't some risky test subject with an early solo song, Big Bang and 2NE1 already took that path and it was (/is, Bang Yedam has already had a solo before his group even came out) a common YG tactic

• Atleast wait two weeks before making such posts, melon has changed its system, rather than debuting on high spots they now actually take time to rise depending on the pormo.

• Jennie didn't get on the second season which started in 2019, she was in every episode in S1 which was her solo release period.

Name me multiple soloists that started their careers 7 years in with no solo work before that and were subsequently very successful. The number one reason you'll see cited as to why a solo from a popular group hasn't done well is because they started too late, how many times do you hear a solo not doing well because they started too early?

Jennie wasn't some risky test subject with an early solo song, Big Bang and 2NE1 already took that path and it was (/is, Bang Yedam has already had a solo before his group even came out) a common YG tactic

Okay, if that's what helps u sleep at night, u can continue with ur narrative.

• The fact that me providing context equates to downplaying in your book says more about you then me in this situation.

The "context" is based off ur own opinions and not backed by any actual facts. And yes, the intentions are quite obvious, when u twist everything and make it into a : Jennie had everything ready for her, she was bound to succeed, Nayeon had everything against her and wow look at her go! when i first. didnt talk abt nayeon in my first reply, didnt disagree with u on what u said abt her either, and secondly only asked to stop with downplaying Jennie, which u are obviously doing.

• The "context" is based off ur own opinions and not backed by any actual facts. And yes, the intentions are quite obvious, when u twist everything and make it into a : Jennie had everything ready for her, she was bound to succeed, Nayeon had everything against her and wow look at her go! when i first. didnt talk abt nayeon in my first reply, didnt disagree with u on what u said abt her either, and secondly only asked to stop with downplaying Jennie, which u are obviously doing.

I said it's easier to debut solo when your group/brand is on top, that's not rocket science unless you're being deliberately obtuse.

• huh? twice is still popular in korea? they are not more popular than blackpink but does gp care about who's on top. Twice brand is still strong. are u even a once?

Twice haven't had a hit songs in South Korea in more than 3 years, their last comeback had its debut at 66th on Melon and didn't spend one day in the Melon top 50. Yes, their pull is obviously nowhere near what it used to be, if it was Nayeon would have had her chart debut in the position it's currently at comfortably. But there are now multiple female idols the GP look out for more. If that wasn't the case she would have had her debut higher. Her initial numbers clearly back this up.

The GP definitely care more about the trendy groups and their members at any given time.

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!