Do you agree with this statement?

• If the parents' & child's personalities click, there should be no conflict between them when given strict parenting. However, if they have differentiating personalities (like polar opposites) there's probably a high possibility the child will rebel and try to sneak things behind their parents' backs.

• I think it’s true. Kids of strict parents will try to rebel especially in their teens. I have a friend who was a ‘helix parent’ when her kids were younger and she wouldn’t let them out of her sight. They still managed to get up to shit like shoplifting and wagging school. My mother was quite soft on me as I am with my daughter but I have always put in boundaries and even though she’s had her moments in her teens, is still a good kid. I’d rather have a relaxed parenting style than a strict one.

• Varies from child to child. depends on the personality development of the child and the reaction to the parenting and level of strict parenting.

You either get more rebellious kids, sneaky kids (they're in between usually), or fearful yet good kids.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• mhh well my mom is VERY strict to ive learned how to be sneaky when i need to, i mean im not a "bad" kid or anything but when it comes to like idk personal things i can hide them well, or at least id like to think so.

• My parents are both narcissists which isnt quite the same but similar...and yeah. Agree. The more my parents try to control my life, the more I push them away and simply dont let them know at all

• I'm not sure about a lot of other kids, but strict parents defs made ME sneaky as fuckkkk. Bro sometimes covering up my trails and shit feels like plotting a crime or something. I've become veeeeery calculated in every single choice I make when sneaking and what every possible choice is feasible as well as what these choices could lead to. I was alwaaays 10 steps ahead of my parents.

I'm not really like that anymore because I'm older so obviously I have way more freedom but boy my younger-mid teenage years I was a mastermind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!