Talking about line distribution

• A lot of times I am team who-ever-fits-the-most but in severe cases like Loona, I seriously don’t get why people like Vivi either get literally no lines or have been added to the final lineup when they get no lines. This is the problem when you make big groups like that. I don’t want to know how Vivi is feeling being the token “hey”girl and literally not getting included. It’s not even one song or one comeback. Just look at this video?? 25 sec?? For several Performances and without the oohs and heys it would be what? 10 to 15 seconds??

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I feel bad for her. Imagine leaving back your family and moving to a new country to debut as a singer while having more lines in your predebut release than in all the groups releases combined

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I dont get it either

I would understand if one member gets more line in one song and another in another song

but if someone gets nothing no matter what the song is thats just cruel

External Content www.youtube.com

• I dont get it either

I would understand if one member gets more line in one song and another in another song

but if someone gets nothing no matter what the song is thats just cruel

This is my big problem with Loona. Like 30% of the members have to share the most unfavorable lines and even with that Vivi always gets the worst of them. BBC should have sticked to the NCT-ish concept with the predebut groups and new concepts. This was something that made them seriously interesting

• This is my big problem with Loona. Like 30% of the members have to share the most unfavorable lines and even with that Vivi always gets the worst of them. BBC should have sticked to the NCT-ish concept with the predebut groups and new concepts. This was something that made them seriously interesting

exactly!

I like the YYXY unit the best and I was hoping they will eventually get a comeback which nop

they should have done the whole thing with their own theater where members perform in units or solos pretty often to gather more fans and give everyone opportunities but nop

• exactly!

I like the YYXY unit the best and I was hoping they will eventually get a comeback which nop

they should have done the whole thing with their own theater where members perform in units or solos pretty often to gather more fans and give everyone opportunities but nop

I hate Jaden Jeong with a passion due to other stuff but he had concept-wise better ideas than they have now. A lot of members don’t fit the cute style and other members don’t fit the girlcrush style. As someone who closely watched them since Heejin’s Vivid, it’s sad that their concept is all over the place. YYXY was seriously good. They seemed coherent and Loona has members for which entertainment agencies would die for. They have interesting visuals and voices but BBC does not support them enough. I liked Queendom S2 and Loona served but they are still lacking compared to other 4th gen groups and not because they don’t have it. It’s seriously due to BBC not training them enough or lacking money and direction

• I hate Jaden Jeong with a passion due to other stuff but he had concept-wise better ideas than they have now. A lot of members don’t fit the cute style and other members don’t fit the girlcrush style. As someone who closely watched them since Heejin’s Vivid, it’s sad that their concept is all over the place. YYXY was seriously good. They seemed coherent and Loona has members for which entertainment agencies would die for. They have interesting visuals and voices but BBC does not support them enough. I liked Queendom S2 and Loona served but they are still lacking compared to other 4th gen groups and not because they don’t have it. It’s seriously due to BBC not training them enough or lacking money and direction

the problem is that when you have alot of member and each with different charm to showcase, its hard to do it in the full group. It can even become messy

they should have kept the sub unit promos, much better to showcase eveyone's talents

• Agreed. Line distributions don’t have to be perfectly fair but when one member keeps getting (close to) zero lines I can’t help but wonder why they’re in the group. If the agency can’t even be bothered to give them the bare minimum way add them in the first place?? If the member has an obvious role in the group like main dancer or official visual I can sorta get it but when the member is just sorta there it gets weird. Either promote them properly or don’t debut them.

• It's just really hard for giant groups like this. Even if Vivi got 15 seconds per song instead of 4, it's almost impossible for everyone to get the same level of recognition and popularity no matter how fair the line distribution or center time. I still contend that group size is what is preventing both Loona and Seventeen from breaking through into the mainstream of Korea.

• It's just really hard for giant groups like this. Even if Vivi got 15 seconds per song instead of 4, it's almost impossible for everyone to get the same level of recognition and popularity no matter how fair the line distribution or center time. I still contend that group size is what is preventing both Loona and Seventeen from breaking through into the mainstream of Korea.

Seventeen is especially popular in Korea or do you know why EBS was a big buzz word in Korea?

I don’t know so much about SVT, but I’ve never seen their fav complaining about mistreatment and I think they’re self-producers so they must choose their lines.

Okay Vivi doesn’t get lines and all but tbh only 5 members are fairly treated the rest is just there, haseul is the main vocalist and you will never know unless you support loona.

• I admit I don't know much about Loona - is she a visual or a dancer?

I'm an asshole, I guess, because I wouldn't want a stronger singer or rapper to give up lines just for equal distribution in my groups. I can actually think of several songs that would have been better or stronger without the token lines for people who aren't great at it, as much as their fans clamor for them to have more lines. I don't want to give up some fire YangYang bars or soaring Xiaojun vocal moments just so Winwin can give me more lukewarm rap verses because people think he should have more lines. Sorry.

Everyone serves a different role in a group and might be there as a stan attractor vs a singer and that's okay too. There are lots of groups in Western and k-pop where some people clearly weren't there for their vocal talents, and the end of the day in kpop, they're not getting paid by line distribution so they're still cashing a paycheck here...

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I admit I don't know much about Loona - is she a visual or a dancer?

I'm an asshole, I guess, because I wouldn't want a stronger singer or rapper to give up lines just for equal distribution in my groups. I can actually think of several songs that would have been better or stronger without the token lines for people who aren't great at it, as much as their fans clamor for them to have more lines. I don't want to give up some fire YangYang bars or soaring Xiaojun vocal moments just so Winwin can give me more lukewarm rap verses because people think he should have more lines. Sorry.

Everyone serves a different role in a group and might be there as a stan attractor vs a singer and that's okay too. There are lots of groups in Western and k-pop where some people clearly weren't there for their vocal talents, and the end of the day in kpop, they're not getting paid by line distribution so they're still cashing a paycheck here...

That’s why I said in my intro I am team who-ever-fits-the-most but when someone’s lines are like 20secs overall in like 5 years, why was this person even added? Gets no screentime, dances 99% of the time in the bag and has no lines. The more the better makes no sense in this case. They should have just gotten rid of the filler members

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!