[theqoo] DRAMA 'ANNA' STARRING SUZY GETS INTO A CONTROVERSY IN CHINA... THE WATCH SHE RECEIVED AS GIFT IS 'FAKE CHINESE PRODUCT'

• [theqoo] DRAMA 'ANNA' STARRING SUZY GETS INTO A CONTROVERSY IN CHINA... THE WATCH SHE RECEIVED AS GIFT IS 'FAKE CHINESE PRODUCT'

bypannchoaJune 30, 2022
    AVvXsEjF9IOJqHYmu6zkOXw3If44dEiKHVD4dXUioNe2nRtucPFaLNO5I4LekoYoht9m-I5Y_YdDrK3rdVMQNlfpnWNDH0zoUKS1FtRuJizTLk6Qy90_qlPIrasucBBzhE2ZbIt46yio0yOF33tvBpgHH_G_uXlfqvsdA4OfIobZLigHyoLpek0ZtT1UIHGc=s16000
    'Anna' starring Suzy is becoming controversial in China. The tag #BaeSuzy's new drama Anna Controversy# has risen to the top of the Weibo search rankings. (Photo=Weibo Capture)

What caused the rage from Chinese netizens was the scene in “Anna” where Suzy sells a blanket and a watch she received as gifts from Jung Eun-chae.

In the drama, the shop assistant told Suzy that “This watch is made in China” and could not be sold since it’s a fake. Chinese netizens exploded with anger, saying “Korea copies our country but they are trying to put them on top”, “Here comes Korean dramas’ false marketing again”, etc.

In response to this, on Weibo in China, the tag #BaeSuzy's new drama Anna Controversy # was ranked at the top of the search term rankings, causing a heated debate.
    CR: Kbizroom

original post: here

1. Depicting reality

2. They are just depicting reality. Why are they acting up?

3. But it's true that fakes are Made In China

4. They are acting up for something that's illegal

5. So can they even watch 'Anna' over there? Or are they watching it illegally?... it's true that fakes are from China thoughㅎ

6. It's just reality so what's the issue here?

7. But they are the only ones creating a fueling the controversy. I wish that there wouldn't be any Korean articles about it. Who cares about that controversy?

8. They are f*cking good at depicting reality though?

9. I bet that 'Anna' will hit daebak since China is in so much rage about it

10. Are they feeling embarrassed?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• okay but China produces the most counterfeit products so :pepe-shrug:

So.. don't you know there is an internationally accepted taboo on these sort of things, both negative and positive attributes - never mind how much statistically true they are, should not be attributed to any collective.

Crime - Race

Terrorism - Religion

and

Fakes - Nations

It is not PC to imply a stereotype.

• when China produces 80% of counterfeit products, it's then not surprising that a drama would mention that a counterfeit item is from China. It's not saying that China only sells counterfeit products, or calling them the counterfeit nation, and it doesn't have the same implications as showcasing Arabs in films as only terrorists.

Well it is a matter of perspective.

Muslims will take offense to terrorism stereotype, others may not care and will quote statistics

Similarly Chinese can take offense to this counterfeiting stereotype, others may not care and will quote statistics.

Individuals can do whatever, but those who seek to sell products in multiple societies, ought to be more careful of such things.

• Terrorism isnt that simple though. Countries like the US has had multiple shootings and many people consider that inland terrorism, so even statistically Arabs wouldnt be committing the most acts of terrorism on the US so portraying them as a danger to the nation would be false and xenophobic. Saying Chinese products have a high chance of being counterfeit is not morally incorrect, its largely true for all countries which these items are sold to.

What would be a negative stereotype is saying that China ONLY sells counterfeit or is a FAKE nation. Not that they simply sell these products

Ok I don't want to get sucked into the specifics of the stereotyping or analysing their equivalences.

I can only say that any stereotype nowadays is treading into politically sensitive area and taking offense is rampant.

Negative stereotype- obviously by those belonging to the Stereotyped group.

Positive stereotype -then others living alongside the group.

And neither is this about "morality" which is anyway relative.

Since I am not a Chinese citizen, I am not interested in explaining this any more.

• That's a stereotype on objects aka fake brand names

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!