Why did Rosé did better than Nayeon on korean charts?

• everyone in the main has told us that Nayeon has a better soloist career in SK, yet on Gaon:

Rosé debuted 15/49 with 2 english tracks while facing an IU comeback and a Rollin viral moment

Nayeon debuted 99 with a full promoted korean song while facing no one

Rosé peaked at 4 with over 400k uls

Nayeon peaked at 18 with less than 200k uls

Approved the thread.
  • That thread having so many people say nayeon over rosé was comedy considering how well she performed in kr and internationally. Really shows akp downplay bp

• I think people said that because we never know when Rose will make another solo comeback so they are maybe basing it off “potential” in the long run. I don’t agree though, Rose’s songs are more appealing to me. Rose should comeback again and see how she does cause I heard Melon is losing listeners which affects the ULs? I like Rose’s solo more and people say koreans love her voice so YG should give her more comebacks. BP is also more popular than Twice. Nayeon’s solo wasn’t anything special imo it’s like Twice 2.0 but sang by one person.

• It's been a few days since Nayeon debuted. How can you compare the two?

Rose didn't immediately peak at #4, it took time, and Nayeon's rising every single day.

You literally said it in the OP, she debuted at #99 on a Friday and has now risen to #18 in less then a week.

• It says a lot when kpop stans use bp's mistreatment to guarantee assurance for their favs having better achievements. Sometimes I do look back and think about that one post someone made in anon a while back how ggs must feel great because bp barely gets to comeback and the attention isn't taken away from them.

• the timing is different. melon's users have been decreasing over the years so we can't really compare.

• Besides everything the song was 100 times better.

Pop was not it for a debut

• All this also make me think in how daunting solo projects are for other members because their it girl candidate is doing somi at best

• It says a lot when kpop stans use bp's mistreatment to guarantee assurance for their favs having better achievements. Sometimes I do look back and think about that one post someone made in anon a while back how ggs must feel great because bp barely gets to comeback and the attention isn't taken away from them.

still with no come back they take all the attention anyway. Lisa made 7million twitts with LisaxCeline alone. And to compair with BP those "haters" secure that someone will read their post, cos without BP on the title people wouldn´t pay attention. Look how sm use BP to promote aespa, by compairing to BP or making remarks to piss Blinks off.

• still with no come back they take all the attention anyway. Lisa made 7million twitts with LisaxCeline alone. And to compair with BP those "haters" secure that someone will read their post, cos without BP on the title people wouldn´t pay attention. Look how sm use BP to promote aespa, by compairing to BP or making remarks to piss Blinks off.

Why are u even bringing up spammed hashtagd by sopo stans and fandom? Twitter hashtags mean nothing except stans being jobless and spamming it to the core. While charting means popularity to the GP. Besides what's the correlation of Twitter hashtag to Music charting?

• The downplay of rose already in here

Like TRUST me she would definitely be charting better if her song was released today. For some reason it’s only otg that wouldn’t chart as well as it did a year before according to akp

Honestly I just know if a bp member was charting like nayeon right now anon even main would be filled with WHY ARE THEY FLOPPING posts

Just shows how bp is held to another standard of success

• The obvious answer is that Rose is a BP member: they're by far the most popular girl group, still, even after 2 years hiatus.

• I never understood why people were underestimated Rosé in that thread

• Which Nayeon charting are you guys looking at ?

She entered top 20 on melon this morning

She has the trot king who came back similiar time and has Korean ahjummas on hold

Melon users have decreased , more people are using YouTube musics. Her international charting is solid .

Nayeon is not flopping no matter how much you keep lying to yourself in fact there is a trending post on instiz talking about how great Nayeon song is moving up the charts especially in this difficult time as it’s rainy season not yet really summer with sun shining yet people are listening to the song.

• Rosé debuted in 2021 after BP had established themselves as the biggest GG and even then her solo did average at best, 5 weeks in top 10 is nothing monumental.

Nayeon went solo after Twice released Scientist which is their biggest flop, and she's out here outdoing it and reaching new peaks everyday.

Like the comparison isn't fair at all. If both debuted in 2018/19 when Twice were at their peak and BP although popular not really the top gg, Nayeon would have destroyed Rosé on charts.

• dumb dumb did a lot better

DD peaked at #8. Pop could surpass it in a week.

Nayeon's MV likes are higher than Somi's were at the same time.

Although, it is ironic that the center of one of the biggest GG ever is not doing that much better than the group's reject that hasn't been in any group for 5 years (JYP was clearly hoping to put her in his next group but it took too long).

Also shows you how difficult it is to go solo.

• Her ULs keep going up, she's reaching new peaks everyday and is expected to enter top 20 Melon daily tomorrow. Like I know y'all have a massive hate boner for TWICE but don't embarrass yourselves by bringing up Somi and saying she's flopping when she literally peaked top 20 on Melon.

• Let the song run it's course first. I feel it has more chance of having longevity than R on charts.

• Once are the same people who ignore Scientist (unless it's to compare with Nayeon's Pop to make that look better) and who kept yelling that Alcohol-Free was doing spectacular on charts, when 10 and more girl groups were charting better.

So yeah, don't expect them to put off their rosy tinted glasses that gives every TWICE member achievement a glow up while 100% ignoring any lacklustre result, whether that's Scientist, Korean charting, popularity or streaming.

• Which Nayeon charting are you guys looking at ?

She entered top 20 on melon this morning

She has the trot king who came back similiar time and has Korean ahjummas on hold

Melon users have decreased , more people are using YouTube musics. Her international charting is solid .

Nayeon is not flopping no matter how much you keep lying to yourself in fact there is a trending post on instiz talking about how great Nayeon song is moving up the charts especially in this difficult time as it’s rainy season not yet really summer with sun shining yet people are listening to the song.

Rosé also faced Lim Young Woung and she even managed to beat him on music shows, so not an excuse

Rose didn't immediately peak at #4, it took time, and Nayeon's rising every single day.

You literally said it in the OP, she debuted at #99 on a Friday and has now risen to #18 in less then a week.

99 is on gaon which tracked 1 day, the debut for OTG with 1 day of tracking was 15

• Rose debuted right after a successful comeback of BP THEY WERE AT THEIR PEAK. Twice is no more at their peak, Nayeon was it girl when she debuted but jyp didn't play their cards well and dragged the debut. I don't think it's fair to compare them or atleast wait for a month her song is still rising.

• Once are the same people who ignore Scientist (unless it's to compare with Nayeon's Pop to make that look better) and who kept yelling that Alcohol-Free was doing spectacular on charts, when 10 and more girl groups were charting better.

So yeah, don't expect them to put off their rosy tinted glasses that gives every TWICE member achievement a glow up while 100% ignoring any lacklustre result, whether that's Scientist, Korean charting, popularity or streaming.

Agree with this,

but lol, the excuses from onces are hilarious. ^^

• Rose debuted right after a successful comeback of BP THEY WERE AT THEIR PEAK. Twice is no more at their peak, Nayeon was it girl when she debuted but jyp didn't play their cards well and dragged the debut. I don't think it's fair to compare them or atleast wait for a month her song is still rising.

as a blink this makes the most sense out of all the comments i read on here. as much as we hate yg, they do a great job at promoting the girls individually. but if you’re into group activities then you won’t like it. jyp should have debuted her solo when twice were at their peak but they focused more on group activities as it obviously brought more money to them and it’s easier to manage twice in a group rather than individual activities since there are a lot of members in twice.

Actually rosé peaked within the first few days...

• In what universe are you talking about :pepe-joy:

It’s true that she’s a better singer technique wise , dance could be subjective, I think Nayeon dancing is very pretty , I can’t explain it . Both have charisma in their groups concept so there is no need for comparison . Both solos showed they can handle the stage

• Nayeon releasing her solo after twice downfall in Korea and it’s doing like this in 6 days , I don’t think Nayeon is doing badly at all. It’s definitely not a flop . She beat out twice records severally and it’s on the way to do better than twice songs after 2019

• Lmao Nayeon is a better dancer, singer, and more charismatic than Rosé. Can BP please come back so these snobby catty ass blinks can leave other fandoms, groups, and idols alone.

You stan Twice please, you survive of their visuals.

And BP or any BP solo can come back any time that they will still surpass any Twice or Twice solos numbers. It won't make a difference. And I'm talking about the present ok? Not 2016 numbers..

• Lmao Nayeon is a better dancer, singer, and more charismatic than Rosé. Can BP please come back so these snobby catty ass blinks can leave other fandoms, groups, and idols alone.

I'm gonna co-sign this one. And I fucks with Rosè. Rosè is a great singer and puts on a show, but if you were to put both her and Nayeon together, I'm gonna be looking at Nayeon the whole time. Rosè is a little too perfect and that makes her a bit boring to watch. Also comes off a little try-hard (no offense to her). But Nayeon is naturally charismatic and knows how to draw your eyes to her. And this is probably just personal taste, but I also think Nayeon's voice is better than Rosè. So i can actually listen to more than one song in a row by Nayeon, whereas with Rosè, im not sure. Rose's voice is a lot sometimes.

Also, I wish ppl will stop staying how Jyp lost the hype for Nayeon and how she should've debuted a long time ago.

I feel like ppl are literally forgetting covid changed a whole lot of plans for a whole lot of companies. I think Nayeon herself said they had this song for a while. I wouldnt be surprised if she was scheduled to debut years ago, but covid fucked up the plan. And i cant blame Jyp for that. It would've been crazy to debut Nayeon during Covid without the loud audience cheers and in person fan meetings. You dont debut as a solo in those conditions. Jyp was smart to wait and now Pop/Nayeon are smashing and Nayeon's getting a second wind of popularity.

Also, im sure Pop is going to have a big impact with all these challenges and the summer about to start. Nayeon's already doing stellar international numbers and smashing in Korea is gonna be the cherry on the sundae.

People are way too early/hyped to try and downplay Twice here.

• Rosé better singer dancer and better stage presence, she actually knows how to hype a crowd

Nayeon is the better dancer and has better stage presence but Rose is a better singer.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• as a blink this makes the most sense out of all the comments i read on here. as much as we hate yg, they do a great job at promoting the girls individually. but if you’re into group activities then you won’t like it. jyp should have debuted her solo when twice were at their peak but they focused more on group activities as it obviously brought more money to them and it’s easier to manage twice in a group rather than individual activities since there are a lot of members in twice.

What yg did is going to help the members in long run. Twice would have to stick with the jyp because of "twice" brand meanwhile BP has established themselves as soloist, they can leave anytime. I'm not a BP fan but I think yg did a good job in this aspect.

• It’s true that she’s a better singer technique wise , dance could be subjective, I think Nayeon dancing is very pretty , I can’t explain it . Both have charisma in their groups concept so there is no need for comparison . Both solos showed they can handle the stage

nope they are about the same level in technique but Rosé is a musician so skills wise Rosé has the whole package and no one can deny Rosé's charisma

• People talking shit here, Rosé is a better vocalist, both are under the average level but Rosé has better support. And she still more succesful, so stop underestimate her

• This thread contains 65 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!