the mysterious case of do kyungsoo

• So I’m going to sleep but wanna know your opinion on this.

I’ve always wondered why is this guy an idol. Why didn’t sm go the lee seung gi and rain route with him. He has an amazing voice and a better actor than some a-listers around his age. Has good looks and white skin, big eyes etc basically has the whole package to stand alone. He’s also not idol-like or fan servicey at all and it’s hard to make the transition going from idol to serious singer/actor.

The one thing I can think of is that his hight stood in the way. And we all know how much hight is important for main leads esp back in the day.

What do you think?

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• I don’t think height had anything to do with why it took it so long to get into acting. I just think he valued singing more and so he pursued that first and just as exo became more stable in careers, finally got to go into acting and the reactions were good.

I do find it cute though. Like you said, kyungsoo is like the least idol like member. He’s very humble and just like a guy next door type who is the quiet kid but just so happens to be a vocal powerhouse and talented in acting.

• I don’t think height had anything to do with why it took it so long to get into acting. I just think he valued singing more and so he pursued that first and just as exo became more stable in careers, finally got to go into acting and the reactions were good.

I do find it cute though. Like you said, kyungsoo is like the least idol like member. He’s very humble and just like a guy next door type who is the quiet kid but just so happens to be a vocal powerhouse and talented in acting.

Basically this.

His non idol charisma is what attracted a lot of his fans.

Being in one of the biggest boys band in kpop gave Kyungsoo exposure, he have many fans and non fans likes him too. Tbh if he debuted solo do you think he would be as successful as he is now?

His dream was to be singer and actor-> His solo is coming -> he is lead in 3 films this year.

Kyungsoo is paving his own way of being successful in a group, soloist and actor, he surpassed the "idol" stage by proving how great he is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!