Idols school bullying… can we talk about Group pressure?

• First of all not trying to defend anyone here I’m pretty neutral to the whole situation.

But I keep on reading that the accused Idols were not the leaders in the school bullying. So I ask myself if there was maybe some Group pressure going on. Like “ do it or you will be the next victim “

I have seen it so many times, people who kept on hanging out with toxic people and sometimes even joined their bad behavior or simply did nothing out of fear to be outcasted or the next victim and disgraced. It’s better to be on a bullies ( or the cool kids) side than to be their victim someone once said, especially if they know things about you no one else does, we all know how toxic school can be . Again not an excuse.

Like I said I’m not defending anyone here, everyone has to deal with the consequences of their actions if they really hurt someone. But I ask myself why the victims don’t reveal everyone who took part in the bullying especially the leaders, why only target the celebrity ?

• Even if you do it out of pressure, you are still siding with someone who bullies innocent people so directly-indirectly you'll also be a bully in victims' eyes.

I know that. I’m just saying why not reveal everyone who participated why only target the celebrity ? If it was just that celebrity who bullied one specific person it’s something else, but if it was a Group of people and the celebrity wasn’t even the leader, why not reveal everyone who participated in it, you know their names and the school they went to, expose them all and not just the celebrity. Everyone has to face the consequences.

• yeah it also surprised me a lot I will give you a comparison how it is here in Poland

when I was in middle school, and technical high school well if you have 30-35 people in class it's obvious that none all will be close to each other, so here in Poland we are more splitting into few groups, for example there will be nerdy kids group, beauties group, cool girls group, sporty & fit boys and girls group, group of people that are living in similar area so they are going to school together, group of class clowns which take care of humor and jokes,

I've created simple graphic to show how it looks inside the class, how those groups are sometimes split, and black color show you how sometimes people are in few of those groups in same time, which makes everything "flow" easier, and less conflicted.

cool.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• targeting at the most successful & popular one

maybe it's more easy to wreck idols since knetz are ready to attack them

Everyone who participated should be targeted especially the leaders. The way non-celebrities get away with things like this because a celebrity was made the scapegoat is unsettling.

• I know that. I’m just saying why not reveal everyone who participated why only target the celebrity ? If it was just that celebrity who bullied one specific person it’s something else, but if it was a Group of people and the celebrity wasn’t even the leader, why not reveal everyone who participated in it, you know their names and the school they went to, expose them all and not just the celebrity. Everyone has to face the consequences.

You're right, even in Mingyu's case, there seems to be a bigger bully than him in the class who was the leader type. I agree, all the bullies' names should be mentioned and not just idols.

• We can't say for sure that they, "leaders or the whole group", are also facing consequences or not. The victims will call out the idols bc they appear on tv and pretend to be innocent angels since birth which gives them a depressing feeling as they suffered bc of this same "angel", maybe the others are also being called out. The question is why call out a non celebrity person together with the celebrity?

It's easier to contact the non famous and talk about it or even make he/she loses his/her job then with a celebrity. Or the group could have apologized already and just the celebrity is being shameless.

I don't know, but the fact you try to paint like a case of call out everyone publicly or don't call anyone when just one is a public person doesn't sit right with me... He has a victim who tough about killing herself bc if his actions, why should I be looking in the whole group when she is saying that it was his actions who made her become mentally unstable?

I don't know, maybe we should stop looking for excuses of such behaviors as unfortunately it's still common and his victims are all girls. Should I be feeling sorry for him? I don't think so.

• We can't say for sure that they, "leaders or the whole group", are also facing consequences or not. The victims will call out the idols bc they appear on tv and pretend to be innocent angels since birth which gives them a depressing feeling as they suffered bc of this same "angel", maybe the others are also being called out. The question is why call out a non celebrity person together with the celebrity?

It's easier to contact the non famous and talk about it or even make he/she loses his/her job then with a celebrity. Or the group could have apologized already and just the celebrity is being shameless.

I don't know, but the fact you try to paint like a case of call out everyone publicly or don't call anyone when just one is a public person doesn't sit right with me... He has a victim who tough about killing herself bc if his actions, why should I be looking in the whole group when she is saying that it was his actions who made her become mentally unstable?

I don't know, maybe we should stop looking for excuses of such behaviors as unfortunately it's still common and his victims are all girls. Should I be feeling sorry for him? I don't think so.

You got me wrong here, I have a problem with just celebrities being used as scapegoats while the non-celebrities will get away, even if they get punished they still can start their life all over again a celebrity is way more damaged. I wasn’t searching for excuses as I clearly stated everyone has to face the consequences of their actions.

• You got me wrong here, I have a problem with just celebrities being used as scapegoats while the non-celebrities will get away, even if they get punished they still can start their life all over again a celebrity is way more damaged. I wasn’t searching for excuses as I clearly stated everyone has to face the consequences of their actions.

Girl, it's not about just the celebrity is ruined, it's just that they are famous so you will know if they are ruined or not. We don't know if the non famous are ruined too. It's just assumptions about a non celeb life bc your fave (not at you, I'm talking in general) was exposed when it had more culprits too. Unfortunately it's a difficult situation as we just know te famous ones.

• Girl, it's not about just the celebrity is ruined, it's just that they are famous so you will know if they are ruined or not. We don't know if the non famous are ruined too. It's just assumptions about a non celeb life bc your fave (not at you, I'm talking in general) was exposed when it had more culprits too. Unfortunately it's a difficult situation as we just know te famous ones.

I mean we only see the name of the celebrity mentioned in the reports and the “evidence” even though the victim says there were more people involved, so in that case name the others too, not just the celebrity.

• I mean we only see the name of the celebrity mentioned in the reports and the “evidence” even though the victim says there were more people involved, so in that case name the others too, not just the celebrity.

I know, but think with me. Victims are coming out bc they keep seeing their supposed bullies on tv/sns and it keeps reminding them of their traumas so it's more like a aggressive reaction to stop this or to at least be finally recognized as a human being and be said sorry. Unfortunately yes, the famous take all the blame, but it's a vicious cycle...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!