Do less popular members in a group feel resentment and envy towards the popular members?

• I remember a former idol forgot her name saying most fights and envy is within the group not between groups. So I suppose some are jealous and some thankful cuz the popular members carried the group to popularity. I suppose it all comes down to how ambitious they are.

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “Do less pop members in a group feel resentment and envy towards the pop members?” to “Do less popular members in a group feel resentment and envy towards the popular members?”.
  • you are not human if you don't feel jealousy or envy at all. you worked just as hard, but you got less simply because you are less pretty

but the unpopular members still get lots of benefits from the popular one, unless the pop is an ass, no reason for resentment

• I think so...

In DIA, Somyi and Yebin on the Unit said that they do envy Chaeyeon bc the company gives her a lot of attention and she's pretty much the only reason why the group is somewhat known to the public eye.

In AOA, I think in Knowing Bros, Chanmi said she envies Seolhyun and wishes she could have been given some of the same opportunities as her.

• While this is true, doesnt it also mean that unpopular members get some chances or spotlight due to being in a group with a popular member?

Like I am sorry if this is being unnecessarily harsh but for extremely nugu groups if they have a somewhat knowsn member chances are that they can receive a few more gigs, variety shows and stages.

In other words, other member get even a slight chance of showing themselves a bit more, and can strike it big if that handle those chances well

• This has happened in all sorts of things throughout history. I don't imagine it'd be any different in k-pop. Especially considering it's an industry where the amount of work you put in does not really translate to success. I'm sure there's more than a little resentment towards the many talentless visuals who have gotten every opportunity in the world while everyone else gets left behind. Would you be mad if some talentless visual got pushed over you simply because they were better looking? I'm going to say probably.

• While this is true, doesnt it also mean that unpopular members get some chances or spotlight due to being in a group with a popular member?

Like I am sorry if this is being unnecessarily harsh but for extremely nugu groups if they have a somewhat knowsn member chances are that they can receive a few more gigs, variety shows and stages.

In other words, other member get even a slight chance of showing themselves a bit more, and can strike it big if that handle those chances well

I think that can be a possibility, but then it would depend on how the most popular members act. If they are completely chill and ready to share the spotlight whenever possible, it can work very well. If they let their popularity get to their head tho...

• i would think that it’s only natural for them to feel that way. It’s like the whole world telling you that you’re not as good as xyz and that would hurt. But, if i could, i would tell them that they do have some wonderful fans out there so they can rest easy knowing that they’re somebody’s favourite~!

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• why are some of you acting like the visuals are always the most and/or only popular members? that's not always the case.

anyway, it is natural to feel jealousy and envy over such things and i think the best way a company should do to avoid these situations is to give all the members opportunities to promote individually, then it will be up to them to make their own fortune

• why are some of you acting like the visuals are always the most and/or only popular members? that's not always the case.

anyway, it is natural to feel jealousy and envy over such things and i think the best way a company should do to avoid these situations is to give all the members opportunities to promote individually, then it will be up to them to make their own fortune

Even then, life works out that way. Some will def be way more popular than the others. But I guess they will be thankful towards the ppl who still love them even if they are less compared to the popular ones

• Even then, life works out that way. Some will def be way more popular than the others. But I guess they will be thankful towards the ppl who still love them even if they are less compared to the popular ones

i mean if you don't get any opportunities while your group mates get plenty and become more popular the resentment might be bigger, you will wonder whether things would be different if you had opportunities to show yourself and promote individually. but if you get fair treatment and still don't make it as far as someone else then you can't really call that injustice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!