Into the new world vs Ddu Ddu Ddu Ddu

• Which one do you prefer to have 40

1. Into the new world (31) 78%
    2. Ddu ddu ddu ddu (9) 23%

A song that wasn't successful at first but become everlasting or a song with the biggest success but no apparent sign of having the same legacy as the prior

Into The New World: didn't have immediate success but undoubtedly is the song that symbolises girl group power, used widely in protest as a song for change and provide people spirit, a right of passage for almost every girl group, still being performed and covered countlessly even if it's released almost 14 years ago

Or

D4: a super successful song, the most successful Kpop girl group song when taking into consideration international and local success, the song that catapult your group to international exposure and stardom, however no sign so far (yet) that the song will have the impact towards the later generations

Will D4 be the ITNW of the 3rd gen gg? If not what song do you think will it be

• you are comparing an iconic somg that is itnw with a song that is 2.5 years...

why dontyou choose a somg comparable in terms of age ?

• so you comparing 14 years old song to not even 3 years old song?

and the way you wording those words with 1 starting bad and success and the other one is success but no sign of impact

but at least you comparing NGG vs NGG

thank you btw

:cryingr::cryingr:

• not many performances can beat the first live performance of itnw. nothing fancy, minimal makeup, and they still owned the stage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sometimes i got teary while watching this. so yeah, i choose this longevity monster over d4

• I Would compare itnw to solo. I think solo could be associated with single life and women independence but I don’t know if it will last long like itnw

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• not many performances can beat the first live performance of itnw. nothing fancy, minimal makeup, and they still owned the stage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sometimes i got teary while watching this. so yeah, i choose this longevity monster over d4

Thanks for the sensible response to the question :yesr:

I was just watching the ITNW performance by the 4th gen groups that's what made me made the theead. The song lasted two generations of Kpop already and I honestly see it lasting even longer.

• I Would compare itnw to solo. I think solo could be associated with single life and women independence but I don’t know if it will last long like itnw

Solo? Maybe but lyrically I don't really see it. Maybe the shining solo part who knows

But yeah it's hard to predict what songs will be iconic later on down the year. If you tell me in 2011 that ITNW would be the most covered song by Soshi and not Gee or Genie I would probably give you a clown emoji 😅

Into The New World is not my favorite from SNSD, but it's such a great song.

I don't really like DDDD because it got boring for me fast, but its impact is great.

I pick ITNW.

Both songs are great but yeah ITNW keeps tugging on my heartstrings everytime I heard them. Seeing that song performed by these groups always made me go back to listen to the original and reminisce.

• Solo? Maybe but lyrically I don't really see it. Maybe the shining solo part who knows

But yeah it's hard to predict what songs will be iconic later on down the year. If you tell me in 2011 that ITNW would be the most covered song by Soshi and not Gee or Genie I would probably give you a clown emoji 😅

Both songs are great but yeah ITNW keeps tugging on my heartstrings everytime I heard them. Seeing that song performed by these groups always made me go back to listen to the original and reminisce.

Out of topic, I think that Cheer Up/Love Scenario/Spring Day are the most successful ones domestically, but DDDD is definitely on top too.

I really like how you love ITNW. It’s like how I love Yes Or Yes?, Likey and Roly Poly. Yeah these songs are super gold to me, they never age.

When I judge a song purely by what I like in songs, not statistics (because ppl usually argue on this topic), I put those two songs in the same time period and compare, not because that song is older means it’s greater. A song needs time for me to see if I truly like it or not, but I think my way of comparing is to be fair. In this comparison, I prefer ITNW much more, so I picked it.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Out of topic, I think that Cheer Up/Love Scenario/Spring Day are the most successful ones domestically, but DDDD is definitely on top too.

I really like how you love ITNW. It’s like how I love Yes Or Yes?, Likey and Roly Poly. Yeah these songs are super gold to me, they never age.

When I judge a song purely by what I like in songs, not statistics (because ppl usually argue on this topic), I put those two songs in the same time period and compare, not because that song is older means it’s greater. A song needs time for me to see if I truly like it or not, but I think my way of comparing is to be fair. In this comparison, I prefer ITNW much more, so I picked it.

Domestically ofc there's quite a few songs that had similar/more impact hence why I mentioned internationally and locally in my op. If combining international and local D4 is the most successful for a 3rd gen gg I believe.

Yeah me too, I also think with time we appreciate songs better. So if after a few years I am still not skipping that song when it comes in my playlist, it's a damn good song :yesr:

• These two songs are too far of a juxtaposition to do a fair "apple to apple-orange to orange" comparison.

Gen 3 starts covering ITNW around 2015-2016 which is around two years after the start of Gen3. So we should be seeing something already, since Gen 4 already since 2019

But all I see is that these Gen4 groups are still very much influenced by Gen2 as well, so the Gen2 presence is still quite strong. But yeah we will see down the road

• Weird comparison. To answer your question, i will choose itnw. Not for their impact but for how good the song is even after so many years. The song arguably is the best debut song ever by a kpop group and the best snsd’s song ever released

• Weird comparison. To answer your question, i will choose itnw. Not for their impact but for how good the song is even after so many years. The song arguably is the best debut song ever by a kpop group and the best snsd’s song ever released

Well people compare other weird things in Kpop :eyes:

Anyway it was because I just saw other Gen4 groups covered ITNW again and just keep being surprised of how everlasting the song is despite its 'forgettable' chart performance. While D4 is like the opposite of the spectrum and is the biggest girl group song when combining local and international. I can't use Gee because that song is also covered countlessly.

Thanks for the opinion

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!