Calming down people in the workplace when it comes to accusing someone of sexual harassment

• At work we were split into groups and given an exercise to come up with an ad. The scriptwriter, had a line about an inneudo of "angels with curves in the right places" which would be directed at me and I had to throw a slipper at him.

Its a super dated joke so I said we won't do the script. Another guy on the team said that the script dude got offended and made us go through with the play. So we did it. I numbed myself to it.

After that this other dude made us do fist bumps and asked me if I liked the play I said the misogynist writers acting was good. I didn't want any bad blood. The misogynist writer kept hanging around me today fishing for compliments so I said his acting was good and removed myself from the situation asap.

Today my coworkers called out this other dude who made a misogynist joke..when they were discussing it, I told them what happened. They got furious on my behalf(I'm glad but scared). One of them termed it as sexual harassment. The script writer dude is a person they are friends with. Fml. So they were like it needs to be addressed because it's not right for him to say shit like that but I want to let it go. One cuz I don't speak to people in general and two I don't vibe with him and don't want him to use this as an opportunity to talk to me again and three I don't want to argue with him.

They called the other dude who asked me to go through with it and he said he didn't write the joke. I kept saying it's fine its alright because I didn't want things to escalate. During this convo I repeatedly kept asking all the people involved not to talk to the script dude about it.

I'm worried if my colleuges will confront their friend. In our country false accusations are a huge deal. This isn't false but I don't want this to blow up or escalate. He made a joke, I was uncomfortable, I'm not gonna talk to him hereafter. He isn't on my team either. I don't have to speak to him ever again. I was hurt but I'm not anymore.

Desbundar

• I'm worried if my colleuges will confront their friend. In our country false accusations are a huge deal. This isn't false but I don't want this to blow up or escalate. He made a joke, I was uncomfortable, I'm not gonna talk to him hereafter. He isn't on my team either. I don't have to speak to him ever again. I was hurt but I'm not anymore.

My opinion. Tell the colleague you don't want to escalate the situation. I know everyone deals with these situations differently so tell them you would be uncomfortable.

• once the cat is out of the bag , it's out of the bag unfortunately

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!