Why do you think K-pop is better than basic Pop?

• To be honest for me I just enjoy pop music better, I like kpop but usually just the groups I like. Plus pop music comes from all around the world not just America so you get a huge diversity in music.

• Because pop is just pop, like rap is rap and so on.

K-pop isn't. It's not like other music genres, in the sense that they are only a type of music. So K-pop can be just pop music wise but is a whole industry and culture around it too, regardless of music genre.

Twice for example don't just make an album and vanish into touring for 2 years until they drop another album. They do variety, fan content, fan meets, etc and live that idol life, it's not so much as Korean pop versus western pop, but rather idols versus non idols. So the experience of being say a Taylor Swift fan is quite different than that of being a Twice fan.

Music-wise I also think K-pop retains more of a youthful innocence about the subject matter and core principals they are singing about and yes to some those songs might seem a little more naive or even superficial but to me I find them more relatable and enjoyable than a lot of what permeates western music now.

Too much drugs, violence and most annoyingly flexing on fans. I think western pop has become far far to influenced by Hip Hop or rap culture in the US(I mean all pop is too a tiny extent) and that's fine if you like rap/Hip Hop and urban culture heavy music, but if you're not a fan the selection of mainstream artist who are not heavily influence by that is pretty limited. I think I only really listen to Taylor these days for US pop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!