Do you also sometimes have the feeling kpop is just like watching at good looking dance crews?

• Like...at this point 95% of the performances are lip synced, I dont even bother watching performances anymore because I know it will be lip synced.

It just seems like watching good looking dance crew after dance crew.

Way back I still remember how they actually did sing live way more often, but now...idk where this is going anymore tbh. And for me thats so sad tbh :(

It doesnt even seem like the word singer has much of a meaning in kpop anymore.

• I don't mind lip synced performances personally. I'm not paying them with my own money and they don't owe me anything. I just don't watch performances cause I don't care that much, the camera work is always horrible. If I wanna see the dance I'll watch the dance practice, if I wanna hear them sing, I'll listen to the song lol

• I don't mind lip synced performances personally. I'm not paying them with my own money and they don't owe me anything. I just don't watch performances cause I don't care that much, the camera work is always horrible. If I wanna see the dance I'll watch the dance practice, if I wanna hear them sing, I'll listen to the song lol

Thats such a weird thing to say tbh...

Lol it doesnt have anything to do with owing something to someone.

Its just about doing what your job title says you are doing.

Like...if someone is an accountant it would be kinda weird to see them do photography and graphic design because it doesnt have anything to do with their profession. You wouldnt pay any accountant with your own money either, but Im sure you would be confused af if you saw them behind the camera, because it just doesn't make sense to say it frankly.

• I barely watch performances from anyone (other than some mains) if im honest, Maybe like their first one to see how it looks, how big the budget is and that's about it. I'm actually surprised people actually watch full performances still, it's so long

:sleepyr:

And I thing the reason why many people dont even watch full performances anymore is exactly because the lip syncing and everyone dancing the same kind of dances. If it would be different, I think we would actually be much more likely to watch more performances. Theres just something missing very much these days

• Thats such a weird thing to say tbh...

Lol it doesnt have anything to do with owing something to someone.

Its just about doing what your job title says you are doing.

Like...if someone is an accountant it would be kinda weird to see them do photography and graphic design because it doesnt have anything to do with their profession. You wouldnt pay any accountant with your own money either, but Im sure you would be confused af if you saw them behind the camera, because it just doesn't make sense to say it frankly.

yea obviously I'm just saying I don't care

Kpop idols jobs are to sing AND dance. So they are doing their job, that's why I don't care. There are idols who just sing, there are idols who sing and dance. It's still their job, whether they do it live shouldn't matter that much. Like they recorded the song, then they dance to it. That's their job.

• I get what you mean but you should watch this live performance of Treasure

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All my faves usually sing live

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I've rewatched IU's Love Poem Concert Blu-ray today. There's zero lip-syncing. Full raw vocals. So, no, I don't. There's much more to K-pop.

The problem is...no there actually isnt. Naming one example while the next 10 examples are all notorious lip syncers isnt really proving any point. 90% of kpop today is lip syncing, even more so the younger a group is. And I dont see how anyone could deny that.

• I get what you mean but you should watch this live performance of Treasure

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All my faves usually sing live

I like this! Its a lot better than the mv wow.

Im older than all of them and I must say they all are kinda kids for me so the lyrics traumatised me to hell and back. LOL

• To me it is not the lip syncing that much but that a lot of performances seem lifeless, boring.

I find it harder and harder to be impressed or even entertained by performances. I don't know if it is the sameness of kpop these days but it feels like everything is dull.

• Some groups do sing live, and you can tell because you'll hear them do adlibs that aren't in the studio version, or you'll hear the aspirated consonants pop off the mic at times (you hear this a lot with BTS's Jimin and Suga if they've got the headset close to their mouth). Or they do stripped-down versions of studio songs where it's very obviously live to show off their voices. So it depends on what group you're stanning. Other groups will sing live but use a backing track if they're not as confident they can maintain the vocals stably while dancing. How strong the backing track is compared to the live vocals depends on their sound engineers and mixers. Some companies are better about making their bands sing than others.

• To me it is not the lip syncing that much but that a lot of performances seem lifeless, boring.

I find it harder and harder to be impressed or even entertained by performances. I don't know if it is the sameness of kpop these days but it feels like everything is dull.

They all dance the same kind of dances for a good 5 years now. Everyone wears the same clothes, I domt wanna count how many mini skirts and black overknees I saw in the last 5 years, most performances have that "I wanna be done as soon as possible" vibe and everyone looks dead inside. Yeah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!