Rolling Stone describes BTS' performance of Fix You as "ridiculously perfect, angelic and goose-bump inducing"

• Screenshot_20210225-153503_Chrome.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/m…inally-wrote-1132681/amp/

Watch this critically acclaimed performance which is trending at 1 in US, UK, South Korea and many other parts of the world, if you haven't.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Coldplay approved of it and called it "beautiful" by captioning it in Korean

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also got news coverage

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• I keep reading reviews of this performance from all sorts of respectable venues and yes it's critical acclaim across all boards.

the way I'm wary of listening to it again cuz I get very emotional all over again and I need not to be a mess for meetings.

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Rolling Stone describes BTS' performance of Fix You as "ridiculously perfect"” to “Rolling Stone describes BTS' performance of Fix You as "ridiculously perfect, angelic amd goose-bump inducing"”.
  • Critical acclaim about BTS and the vocaline only has kpoppies pressed. At least the experts know talent when they see it.

:pepe-toast:

Still trending no1 in U.K. and US too.

• the way I'm wary of listening to it again cuz I get very emotional all over again and I need not to be a mess for meetings.

I was too, but it was not as bad the second time and I was actually able to enjoy every little things they put in their perfomance :waterr:

• Theyre not lying. The performance was magnificent, its trending everywhere, critics, locals, Coldplay fans and Coldplay themselves are praising it.

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Rolling Stone describes BTS' performance of Fix You as "ridiculously perfect, angelic amd goose-bump inducing"” to “Rolling Stone describes BTS' performance of Fix You as "ridiculously perfect, angelic and goose-bump inducing"”.
  • Accolades from respectable media, being honoured by Coldplay, positive comments from Coldplay fans.. it’s been an amazing ride!

And you have to admit that BTS has the guts to tackle a well love song. Imagine the backlash if they didn’t do well. But BTS always take up any challenges and usually be triumphant. It’s amazing

• Accolades from respectable media, being honoured by Coldplay, positive comments from Coldplay fans.. it’s been an amazing ride!

And you have to admit that BTS has the guts to tackle a well love song. Imagine the backlash if they didn’t do well. But BTS always take up any challenges and usually be triumphant. It’s amazing

They rarely disappoint, they are such hard working perfectionists and to think that they aren't even comfortable speaking in English but pulled this off so effortlessly.

this is something I didn't think of before . yes the risk they took was huge . cuz people are gonna compare them to coldplay's original version which is a masterpiece. just shows you how much BTS are exceptional!

• this is something I didn't think of before . yes the risk they took was huge . cuz people are gonna compare them to coldplay's original version which is a masterpiece. just shows you how much BTS are exceptional!

True, we know how iconic song covers can end up in the artist covering it getting a backlash for not matching up to the original but BTS maintain an impeccable record of doing every song they covered complete justice, be it in Korean or in English. They truly are a once in a lifetime artists. The perfect combination of hardwork, talent, perseverance and sincerity.

• Official Post

The whole unplugged performance was top notch but they really did this cover justice - and those who are sans some inexplicable loathing bordering on obsession can see, hear and admit that. It's evidenced by the amount of praise from legitimate sources they are getting. They've made history with so many firsts - now the first Koreans to perform on MTV Unplugged. Can't wait to see what the future holds for them, their star burns brighter everyday. Haters, might want to get some better shades.

:pepe-shades:

• And you have to admit that BTS has the guts to tackle a well love song. Imagine the backlash if they didn’t do well. But BTS always take up any challenges and usually be triumphant. It’s amazing

Because they didn't needlessly meddle with it much and preserved the original beauty, soul and simplicity of the song. But then a buffet of amazing vocals and varying vocal tonalities added a whole new range of flavor.

One critic was right, that it was a beloved hymn that found it's choir.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!