WILL THE NEW ERA MARK BTS' OFFICIAL DEBUT AS SOLOISTS?

• In light of Hobipalooza. Do you think that instead of free mixtapes, they would now be releasing official album/singles with:

• Promotions
    • Availability on Korean Platforms
    • Physical Albums
    • Solo Tours

Or stick with the mixtapes and do random solo gigs whenever their schedule allows it?

I'm happy either way...more content for us to enjoy and each member gets to express their individuality outside the group.

The only downside is the insufferable solo stans war that's brewing and can explode at any moment. I can already sense the e-mail drafts of mistreatment of *insert member name here* being typed up and Twitter hashtags being planned. Fundraising for the trucks might also be on the agenda. :rolleyes:

• ehh who cares about solo stans, they can keep crying

I'm so excited for hobi's performance and jungkook's collab :borahae:

I think they could make their songs available on korean platforrms but i think it should be available on spotify korea atleast so thats an alternative

Definitely expecting some promo here and there

It would be so cool to have physical albums but i guess its their own decision

Performing at us festivals is a 100% better than performing at music shows so i'm happy about that!!

• I think its on members. I think they will choose what they want to do. Some might like to do official releases. Some might prefer promoting in Korea. Some in the US. Some might want to do their solo tours. It's on them honestly. They will do what they want to do.

They know that ARMYs will always be there for BTS whatever path they choose. We don't give a damn about solo stans. They will find reasons to cry one way or another. So let's ignore the shit like we always do.....

Let's concentrate on BTS. They have given their all to make BTS what it is now. So let's support them in their individual affairs as well :finger-heart:

And last thing I LOVE ALL OF THEM equally ( :eyes:  :whistling: )

• Well, in some other thread I did mention that this new chapter could mean that, but people disregarded that.

I'm happy in one way, on the other hand I'm going to miss terribly OT7 songs and choreos and their tours. It's been so long without a PROPER OT7 comeback (the last one being MOTS7 and we didn't even get a tour for that) so solo careers now for me is a bit underwhelming :pepe-puddle::pepe-in-bed:

Specially if the enlistment goes through... I'm getting all those vibes. They stopped Run!BTS, anthology album, "new chapter" thing, Hobi's performance on Lolla... it's all starting to sound suspicious :pepe-puddle:

• If that's the case then i'm happy for them if solo careers is something they want and i will support them if i like their output (i already know that some members will probably not make content i'm interested in based on the solo music they've shared before rip) :'> I am always OT7 and will always want group activities before solo stuff and that's just the type of fan i am.

It all feels a bit underwhelming and discouraging though since we haven't had a proper, big, OT7 comeback that they've been able to tour in so long. Covid really fucked everything up. With enlistment coming up it just makes me even more sad and a bit bitter, not gonna lie. If this is the case then i will miss group promotions terribly, but it is what it is. Life goes on.

I look forward to this comeback we're having now, but i want more and it feels like time is running out and i hate it.

Sorry for venting :danceb:

hello

• THat's exactly what I wrote further up, I'm glad I'm not alone on this :pepe-high-five::pepe-puddle:

Also like some people said, this unfortunately might attract more solo stans and akgaes...

• I think it’s great they’ve reached the artistic height and status that they now feel free to explore their individual styles and preferences

Solos can go cry in a corner for all I care, you can be both OT7 and support all individual endeavors

• Well, it actually has already started in full force cause while free release (like mixtape) is droped and forgotten and carried simply by fans interest (yes, rapline's mixtapes did better than majority of kpop promoted releases but it's simply due to their massive fanbase which gave a release initial push to trends), osts are an entirely different case. Ost is actually a proper promotion. Ost gets not only attention of fans of idol but also fans of doramas which is entirely different and massive audience, plus due to it played in episodes multiple times people getting used to it and liking it more, plus ppl watch dorama not only in ongoing mode but also later thus more and more people are getting introduced to osts. It also, of course, depends on quality of a song and on how good it is but still ost is a great promo. So yeah, solo promotions already have massively started since last year. Kook's ost was promoted by ads, playing on webtoon, etc. We also got Yoongi fully involved even in MV. And now even Hoseok is finally debuting as soloist. Yeah, new era has already begun.

The other thing is a way of promotion. Cause, you see, ost is a very easy promo: you just release your music and let the dorama's power work for it, you don't need to learn any choreo, to do photoshoots, to shoot MVs, to do rehearsals and performances, etc, etc - you just drop it and make your money and new fans. Anyone can do it. Not anyone can do a whole damn solo concert. Hobipalooza is able only due to Hoseok being insane one of a kind performer. He is the only member who is fully capable to handle an unfamiliar audience full of not only fans but also locals for a whole damn hour as a closing act and that's why bighit allows it for him to do. I don't like bighit, I think they are a whole damn mess especially after becoming hybe but what I also always knew is that they are aware of Hoseok's power as a performer, that's why they allowed him to perform with established artist before even his debut and that's why they allowed him to do main stage in US festival now. Why they haven't been using such treasure to his full capacity is another question but at least they allow him to breath now. But yeah, concert as a promo is entire different and much more complicated thing, not everyone will do it. So solos can be crying and demanding whatever they want but not every member is able or will want to do what solos want, they all will promote in the way they are comfortable to do.

• They've already been doing solo work. Just because some of it is free, that doesn't disqualify it as work from a solo artist. Maybe it doesn't meet kpop standards of solo promotions but in the Western industry it would be considered as such. The guys have been gradually making connections in the US industry for years and working with other artists. This is probably how Lollapalooza came about. I count all of that as solo career activities, personally.

• As a fan, it will always be their decision to pursue more individually, never will I impose what should they do, but can only wish... I mean they have released solos/free songs before and mixtapes, it maybe rolled differently but you get the jist!

Will I wish them to promote more of their individual endeavors? Of course, I am always a sucker for performances, so I think that is what have been missing is for them to actually performed their individual songs more.

This time there is a shift when it comes to their individual activities and I think it's time for them to at least discover more of their individuality as an artist.

But of course, it will always be different when It's the 7 of them, nothing compares when they are together specially on stage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!