Lisa vs Jungkook: Who will be the first A/B list kpop soloist in America?

• racist undertones to his

pretty amazing how he doesnt even speak english but is popular around the globe

his appeal is worldwide :)

girlie how is that racist?? I literally live in USA and there is no mainstream artist that cant speak English. I wouldn't say BTS is "mainstream" but at least Rap Monster can somewhat speak the language. Don't pretend like language is a huge barrier for a song/group to be successful here. BTS's first REAL hit was Dynamite, a song 100% in English.

• English is NOT the end all be all for work to be given. Not at all. Most companies prioritize diversity and individuality for promoting products now more than ever. This comment is extreme bigotry and obviously rooted in normalized xenophobia. We cannot be portray this type of attitude anymore. We need to grow away from this thought process as an entire community.

Lmaoo I'm not being biggoted and all the other shit you're saying I'm being realistic.

• am i the only one thinking that Rose have the higher chance of being successful in the US? fluency in english plays a GREAT role in these things and with a unique voice like her + the support she could generate from being a member of BP

i said this a while back: YG should plan her solo not just for the kpop market but for the WORLD scene (especially the US) bec she has the most potential with all things considered.

• Why are peeps here talking about fluency in English when Jungkook can sing absolutely flawlessly in English. I am guessing most people saying this have probably not heard Jungkook singing in English except Dynamite, well here you go. He has multiple English covers, not to mention singing in English in Waste it on me, Who, Savage Love Remix.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Singing in English is the least of Jungkook's impediments. He is very confident about it looking at how even his 2 most recent covers - 10,000hours and Never Not were English songs.

• Some facts about Jungkook's popularity globally

IMG_20210104_131053.jpgIMG_20210104_130829.jpgIMG_20210116_080740.jpg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He has been topping these lists for 3 years in a row, not to mention his tweets blowing up everytime he posts landing him in the most tweeted list every year.

His popularity in US is no joke, you only need to do a Google trend analysis to see that he is the most searched in US too and was practically the face of Kpop on twitter during the BLM movement to the point that Stan Jungkook had become a famous meme. His solo stans have been able to chart his solo/ sub-unit songs twice in BB hot 100 and once on Bubbling under. He has had a special segment on Colbert's show dedicated to him. He even made it to People's Sexiest Men list. All this without having any proper solo work or even a solo music video and barely posting on social media. Kinda crazy come to think of it. Now if he had the label push coupled with this massive popularity and his perfect mainstream pop voice.....

• I mean this in the nicest way possible as a BTS stan, but I feel Lisa already appeals more as a soloist than Jungkook and she has many many solo deals already worldwide for anything from Cell Phone ads to Car Sales. Her promotions with Bam Bam are likely to only increase now that he has left JYPE especially with the possibility of him being signed to Sunmi's label as rumored who pushes collaborations and encourages working with personal friends over just the industry's top stars.

I disagree with you. Jungkook has the biggest fanbase without having real solo deals. He sings like 80% of Savage Love remix, most of Dynamite lines and Jungle the CF Coca Cola so his exposure in the West is already something.

• Why are peeps here talking about fluency in English when Jungkook can sing absolutely flawlessly in English. I am guessing most people saying this have probably not heard Jungkook singing in English except Dynamite, well here you go. He has multiple English covers, not to mention singing in English in Waste it on me, Who, Savage Love Remix.

External Content youtu.be

Singing in English is the least of Jungkook's impediments. He is very confident about it looking at how even his 2 most recent covers - 10,000hours and Never Not were English songs.

All of this without even trying.

• Jungkook has extremely good English pronunciation and has taken the initiative to sing in English quite often in covers and the like.. He's also the biggest Kpop artist globally at the moment and definitely the biggest in the West by every metric without any kind of solo promotion and very little social media use. I don't think Jungkook will pursue a solo career in the West, at least not yet, but if he ever does I think he could be extremely successful with proper label backing. A manager like Scooter Braun(though I hate his guts) would take him far along with armys and his solo stans. Jungkook would have to have an at least basic knowledge of the English language which can be learnt but for the most part the general public won't care how good his English is in conversation as long as it's good on songs which he's shown he's capable of.

You're also right about his image fitting Western taste. The tattoos, piercings, dark clothing and his general looks fall into the category of poc that the west begrudgingly accept as good-looking.

I really wish this thread had been more about discussing solo potential instead of a comparison thread. The most likely answer is obvious barring outside circumstances like a song going viral or a massive western feature ect. It just invited people to tear Lisa down.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!