The site is getting extremely slow on PC this days ?

• Nowadays, when I want to reply to someone, I open the page then I wait minimum 2/3 minutes for everything to load before being able to do anything. The site takes so much time to load badges and signature, especially users that have animated ones. There are literally threads I can't open on pc cz it's full of big time users that have billions of badges and my pc just die. I have a quite low end pc but it loaded very fast (less than 30 sec) in the past (last year).

Also weirdfully my low budget smartphone load the site way faster despite being way less powerful.

I spend a lot of time here and I would love to be able to interact with people faster.

Can I do anything about it ?

I'm using firefox. It doesn't change on Edge and Chrome (barely faster on Edge I feel like, I am able to reply before Signatures are even loaded).

I would love if the site had a light mode where you could just disable badges allowing for faster loads. Of course it would go againts the purpose of badges so maybe something else like only stopping the animations of some badges (the hardest to load).

• I would say try turning off signatures in your General settings. Sometimes someone will have a gif that just absolutely refuses to load all the way for me and it will slow things way down.

Threads with lots of YouTube links will do it to me sometimes because of the embedding.

• I would say try turning off signatures in your General settings. Sometimes someone will have a gif that just absolutely refuses to load all the way for me and it will slow things way down.

Threads with lots of YouTube links will do it to me sometimes because of the embedding.

Thanks to you I discovered the general settings and I limited everything to 5 lol <3<3

for me twitter links are the one with an issue. But otherwise it's fine.

Try it in anonymous mode, maybe it's a cache issue.

That doesn't change much for me

• Thanks to you I discovered the general settings and I limited everything to 5 lol <3<3

That doesn't change much for me

Nice. Glad I could help. :finger-heart:

• did you try clearing your cache? and like quark said, turning of signatures helps as well.. also make sure you don't have too many tabs open, that def slows down performance. also try restarting your PC more often, i guess :melon_think:

• also akp is a little slower in general so idk what else to tell you... 2-3 minutes is a lot though

• Akp gets slow for me too. I thinks it cuz I always have a million tabs open however,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!