If YG had played its cards correctly, would BP have been the #2 of the entire world pop ranking?

• I have written about potential rivals of BTS quite a few times, and had to conclude that IU is BTS' greatest rival, even though she is a soloist and does not compete against it apparently.

Since BTS is the undoubtable #1 of Pop on the world, I have to put IU as the #2 of Pop on the entire GLOBE, although she appears to be not too well known in Europe as seen this year's Cannes ceremony.

The reason is IU is the last major singer on earth who has refused to acknowledge the superiority of BTS, since she did watch BTS when it was a nobody like this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IU became KPop's Senior Singer when BTS was just about to finish its struggle to gain a place in the sun. That explains why she is not afraid of BTS and does everything in her power to undermine it whenever she can. I will have more to write about the eternal struggle between BTS and IU since they represent two diametrically opposite, and incompatible, philosophies.

But, I have said a few times that if YG had played his (not its!) cards correctly BP, not IU, would have been the #2 of the world.

BP is arguably one of the biggest celebrities of the world and it could have become bigger.

I had shown that the awards Lalisa and Roseanne Park received last year combined would have put BP at #3 of the world's most awarded artists, and because YG didn't do that, neither of them made the top #9 while enabling IU to take the #8 position.

But YG did nothing. Even now there are just rumors, and no real sign, of a BP album while BP's greatest rival , IU (she is basically the rival of everyone else in Korean Pop) , is trying to flex muscles around the world

I wish BP would have gotten bigger so it would have formed a real rivalry, since although IU is #2 in the world next to BTS, the gap is quite big and she has no reach in the western world.

BP would have impressed the entire western world and YG would have created a rivalry similar to the Bourbon-Habsburg rivalry of the 17th and 18th century, which only ended when the last emperor of the Habsburgs married a Bourbon princess in 1911, 7 years before the end of the Habsburgs.

Instead of making BP the #2 act of the world, YG did - nothing.

Now BP's re-signing is just around the corner and there are still no plans. The non-use of BP will be recorded as the greatest lost opportunity in the history of pop.

How their rivalry might have progressed

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm actually pretty impressed that you managed to include the Habsberg-Bourbon rivalry in this. Didn't anticipate that.

It is the world's greatest rivalry. Easily dwarfing the US-Soviet rivalry

and YG could have made the rivalry as big as this, with BTS and BP fighting all around the world.

• WhyKnock after multiple attempts at fomenting an IU-BTS clash tries with BP now.

Expect more fantastic conspiracy theories with references to world history.

Well, this is for the dominance of the world. IU rose to the #2 position of the world because of default; everyone else had submitted.

If YG had launched a war against BTS with BP and other acts under his thumb, it would have been massive with a farther reach than the ex owner of Edam could have managed

• Well in K-pop they have decided to keep BGs, GGs and soloists as separate categories, even in the rivalry.

No Lia Thomas es in Kpop.

So your ranking doesn't matter much.

BTS has zero competition at this point from BGs - EXO was the last challenger.

BP and Twice tussled well, but neither are the future.

IU is a category by herself, no soloists since has approached anywhere near her success.

And yes, she has withstood and overcome in an industry so skewed towards groups. But that's long before BTS, BP were in the picture.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!