IM NAYEON Tracks Duration

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't know what to feel about POP being the shortest

• Don't know what to feel about POP being the shortest

welcome to the streaming era! nowadays songs are under 3 minutes or barely 3 minutes, they get more streams than 4 or 5 minute songs. There's a song in my language that's 2:08 long :cryingr: ofc its streams are huge.

bts' Butter is 2:44 long and there are seven of them :cryingr: at least it's only Nayeon here

• Maybe, decided to waste some time and do some maths. this is based on everything after WIL? Since that was the first time they had Spotify and could realistically be looked at as targeting streaming.

So from DTNA-Scientist the average run time for a Twice title track is 204 seconds or around 3:24 mins. So POP being what? 168 seconds is significantly below even modern Twice tracks released with streaming as a primary target.

+ I don't think it's short for streaming focus overall as companies also tend to do this with albums since it's much easier to push high into album charts around the world than singles charts and looking at Twice's 3 full albums run time they are getting longer and less streaming friendly in that case. FOL is a runtime of over 52 minutes compared to Twicetagram at 44mins, even the re-packed version Merry & Happy is shorter than FOL. EWO is around 43 mins long also.

hey chill, I don't even stan Twice and I don't even know what you are talking about. I'm talking generally, all over the world song durations have decreased and also in kpop too, especially title tracks, it's always less than 3 minutes or 3 minutes long, because it's easy to stream and faster too. Nothing bad about it, but music is too little

• LOL with a short title track song typically comes a long music video...

I wouldn't be surprised if the music video itself is more than 3 minutes lmao

I mentioned above butter, 2:44 song is 3:03 mv, fearless is 2:48 is 3:03. In butter bighit intro and butter logo were included, in fearless only logo. Blessed-cursed is 2:50 and mv is 3:09. Love dive is 2:57 and mv is 2:59.

I don't know about others but obviously not all short songs get longer mv's

• I mentioned above butter, 2:44 song is 3:03 mv, fearless is 2:48 is 3:03. In butter bighit intro and butter logo were included, in fearless only logo. Blessed-cursed is 2:50 and mv is 3:09. Love dive is 2:57 and mv is 2:59.

Fearless is only 2:48? I thought it was longer because it doesn't feel rushed. Maybe POP won't be too.

• Fearless is only 2:48? I thought it was longer because it doesn't feel rushed. Maybe POP won't be too.

Yep! Only blessed-cursed feels rushed imo. i would have never guessed that butter was only 2:44, 2:44 is really short but the song has everything. I think that POP will sound complete too.

On another hand, O.O is only 2:52 and i thought it was 5 minute long ^^ that song :pepenomad:

• why kpop title tracks become shorter and shorter :cursing: not from all artists, but still.

2:27 X/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

||

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Ow! Less than 3mins? Does anyone know what the shortest Twice title is? To my memory it might be DTNA at just around the 3 min mark?

I don't know how to feel about this. I mean DTNA and HS are some of the groups shortest titles and both are great songs so should be fine, if a little on the short side.

there have been a lot of TTs less than 3 minutes this year, Love Dive, Tomboy, Fearless, O.O. were under 3 min, Wadada was 3:04. Lightsum released a few days ago and their song Alive is also 3:06 so it seams how mostly everybody release songs this days

• I mentioned above butter, 2:44 song is 3:03 mv, fearless is 2:48 is 3:03. In butter bighit intro and butter logo were included, in fearless only logo. Blessed-cursed is 2:50 and mv is 3:09. Love dive is 2:57 and mv is 2:59.

True. Not all, of course, but I feel like it's been a trend to have longer mvs for shorter songs. I'm not really completely sure of the reason but I've seen it pretty often.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!