TOP 100 KPOP songs of 2021 - INTRODUCTION

• KPOP TOP 100 songs 2021

Introduction :

Disclaimer : I’m not a native english speaker, and I’m still learning. Feel free to point out any grammatical mistakes or weird word choices. <3

Hello, my name is motorp77, I’m an avid girlgroup enjoyer and a WIZ*ONE and Orbit. I’m also a big Younha and Jo Yuri stan. It’s now been 3 years since I discovered the beautiful world of Kpop and I have discovered a plethora of amazing music. Even though I’m much more of a girlgroup fan, it doesn’t prevent me from listening to many boygroups, with Exo and BTS being some of my most listened artists ever.

My curiosity and willingness to listen to all genres of music lead me to listen to most comebacks from all artists in the past 3 years and even before. With amazing songs released every week (on average) I then began to ask myself which were the best I’ve listened to. Unfortunately for me, my curiosity would bite me as with the thousands of songs I’ve listened to it would make it impossible to judge them all fairly. So I decided to limit the time frame for released songs. Looking back at the content that followed the beginning of my kpop journey, I noticed a large amount of annual top 10/100 kpop songs. I remembered that at first, this was one of the main ways I was able to find out about the most well known and iconic songs that were released in the past years. So I decided to do the same, if they can do it I can do it ! At that point, we were in the beginning of 2022, so naturally, I decided to choose 2021 as my memory was still fresh and I could easily remember which songs I liked.

Unfortunately (again), 2021 wasn’t a big enough cutback to getting a list possible to rank by a human. I still had thousands of songs to cut before getting close to having something achievable. I needed to add more rules. But of course, those videos that started the journey almost all had one thing in common : to make the videos more watchable, almost all the songs listed had MVs. I also thought that I mainly used Youtube to listen to kpop. So cutting the list to MVs could be a nice solution. But I also thought that it would limit the amount of music available too much. So I came up with this rules :

• Only songs in 2021
    • Having a “music video” on Youtube :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a normal MV, it’s clear that the song was the final production, it’s not live, nor a dance practice.

Problem is there are videos that branch in many categories, like MV, dance practice or even live, so it was hard to get a cohesive list.

For example, this was accepted :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But this wasn’t :

• Only KPOP, so only songs that have Korean lyrics, and sung by Korean singers or groups.

Not good :

Good :

This was a lot of work, but it will train my english and also I just like to do it. It challenges me a little and it’s an excuse to listen to even more Kpop. I also discovered some of my all time favorite kpop songs with that.

• Only KPOP, not khiphop or trot, though sometimes the line between those genres is very thin, I had some decisions to make.

Good (it's an idol, mainly listened by kpop fans) :

Not Good (khh artist, mainly listened by khh fans even though it's barely rap) :

IN TOTAL, IT'S 1349 SONGS RANKED ! 120 SONGS RANKED THEN ALL THE OTHERS TIERED

POST FORMAT :

I will be posting 5 songs in each post, starting from the 100th best song to the 1st song of 2021. If I’m not that bad, it should be about 20 posts + Honorable mentions. I will try to post every 2 days, and 2 posts on the weekend, so if I’m not dumb I should be able to finish it in less than a Month. I will take time, and have a full explanation of what I liked and didn’t like for each song, and why it made the list.

:akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns:

CONCLUSION :

In the end, the placement of each song is my choice, so pls don’t criticize it too much. I will try to be as consistent as possible but I might make mistakes and contradict myself, but that’s also part of the game. It took me about 4 months to have at least something, so I am very glad I have something to post now. Pls look forward to it. :eyes:

This will be my first post series, and I plan to do many more. Pls enjoy. :eyes::eyes:

For questions, feel free to ask, you can ask how I judged any song if they don’t appear on the list. <3<3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!