50 million won for 20 minutes... The return of Festivals raises the demand for Celebrities (Article)

• With COVID restrictions lifted, University festivals are back in full swing and now universities are in a scramble to pull in big name artists for their events, which in turn has increased the costs for appearances.

A P-Nation representative stated that almost every University has been calling for Psy, but there's only so many activities he can attend. A rep from Cube entertainment has stated that the demand for I-dle is vastly more than pre-covid and lastly Artist recruitment Agency has even made note that certain universities are planning their festivals around certain artists schedules

As demand rises, so does artist prices. Top performers price for shows have gone from 40 million won pre-pandemic to 50 million and even lesser artists have seen price increases up to 1.5 times previous costs.

One Professor noted that it's unquestionable that as events return, so to will the demand for celebrities continue to rise and it's now a question of whether these prices for such short performances are warranted.

Source

• 50M is like 45K USD

hmm if they want top groups then that's that

I think festivals are good opportunities for middle ground groups

Idk of too groups gain anything from them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Those aren't for mid groups tho, u have to be a high charting/know idol group to be invited in the first place

If Psy/gidle are 50k then a top group will probably be 70k or even double the initla price

• Those aren't for mid groups tho, u have to be a high charting/know idol group to be invited in the first place

If Psy/gidle are 50k then a top group will probably be 70k or even double the initla price

Not always

lovelyz and OMG were doing festivals long before they were charting well

:pepe-shrug:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Funny that "apparently" Korea does that. I heard of such events from other countries and they often hired just whoever to have a good selection of different artists and than only put 1-4 as big names on the top of the list. Never been to such an event cause I am not a university student, never lived close enough to a university who did this or wanted to go to such a event but I heard from many places around the world that they for example hire 8 more unknown/decently known artists and than put 1-4 big names as the top act on the list to make people 1) not overwhelmed by the list of artists and 2) so there was something special that made people actually want to atent the show

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Generally speaking, Festivals used to have a wide range of performers, but as of late, the festivals have basically been nothing but big acts.

• Yeah, i dont think it's about money for the groups. Those university performances can be hype af, and great promotions for your artists, they may want to go just for the fun of it too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!