Court orders Kang Ji Hwan to pay back drama producers 5.3 billion won for damages from scandal

• Court orders Kang Ji Hwan to pay back drama producers 5.3 billion won for damages from scandal

Thursday, May 26, 2022

0003275947_001_20220526210701271.jpg

Article: Kang Ji Hwan loses second trial for 'sexual harassment of staff'... "must compensate production company for 5.3 billion won"

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

1. [+609, -2] Why does it feel like he's being dealt a heavier sentence than Seungri?

2. [+234, -28] Wasn't this case proven to be made up?;;

- [+22, -9] Well, he was sentenced to prison so I don't see how it can be made up???

- [+61, -8] He was drunk to the point where he didn't remember anything from that night. I doubt he was conscious enough to do anything to the two women. I think they used him.

- [+39, -0] If you go back and read the case, they didn't find any evidence of him on the women

- [+8, -0] Yeah, I can see why this case is a bit unfair for him

- [+4, -0] CCTV showed the women checking out his house pantsless

3. [+128, -18] He was totally used by kkot-baems. What if they mixed something into his drinks?

4. [+58, -4] 5.8 billion won compensation?..ㅋㅋ.. If only he had chosen to just go to a room salon that night! He could've enjoyed himself for cheap and been just fine with his career!!..

5. [+42, -2] Wow ㅠㅠ I'm a woman myself but I feel so bad for this actor...

6. [+24, -3] Those two b*tches really ruined his life. I wonder how they feel about ruining an actor's career like this. I hope karma gets them one day.

7. [+18, -0] A heavier sentence than Seungri??

8. [+14, -0] Wow - imagine ruining your life this badly because you brought some women over to your house;;; lesson to not go drinking with women

9. [+15, -2] This is so weird. I don't get why the sentencing is like this when it's obvious the women are kkot-baems.

10. [+14, -4] The kkot-baems are probably out vacationing with their settlement money while Kang Ji Hwan lost his life's fortune

11. [+8, -0] Everything about this case feels like he was used

12. [+5, -0] So what's the deal? Is what he did really worse than Seungri's crimes or does he not have the network that Seungri has?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• he was found guilty

Oh, was he? Lmao, nvm then. Idk what they are talking about then? Maybe from the public's perspective, the evidence wasn't as conclusive as they wanted.

But, if the court found him guilty, then he gets what he asked for.

Then again, it's so weird that production companies have the power to ask for compensation for production costs if an actor or actress gets in a scandal. Must be a contract thing. Couldn't be America, lmao.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Oh, was he? Lmao, nvm then. Idk what they are talking about then? Maybe from the public's perspective, the evidence wasn't as conclusive as they wanted.

Then again, it's so weird that production companies have the power to ask for compensation for production costs if an actor or actress gets in a scandal. Must be a contract thing. Couldn't be America, lmao.

yea it is strange i looked it up since i was confused by the comments as well even more so after i looked it up. He plead guilty to one charge and lost the court case for the other. Not sure what they are talking about harder sentence since he got a suspended sentence and not even serving prison time

• I do not understand this case? I thought they said there was no evidence he assaulted those women?

Damn, if these were false allegations, I feel sorry for this guy. I loved him in the show Fireworks.

Here it says he admitted it… so he had to deal with the consequences

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/07/kang-ji-hwan-admits-to-all-charges-in-sexual-assault-case

• Oh, was he? Lmao, nvm then. Idk what they are talking about then? Maybe from the public's perspective, the evidence wasn't as conclusive as they wanted.

It was part of the contract that if he causes damage to the production, he and his label have to pay a compensation.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/05/actor-kang-ji-hwan-ordered-to-pay-over-4-million-to-production-company-after-sexual-assault-charges

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!