"I mean Ukraine" George W Bush accidentally condemns 'unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq'

• George W Bush accidentally condemns 'unjustified and brutal' Iraq invasion
    The former US president, who ordered the invasion of Iraq in 2003, made the blunder, branded "history's greatest Freudian slip", at an event on Wednesday.
    news.sky.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The former US president, who ordered the invasion of Iraq in 2003, made the blunder, branded "history's greatest Freudian slip", at an event on Wednesday.

George W Bush has accidentally condemned the "unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq", an operation he ordered himself in 2003.

The former US president, 75, quickly corrected himself to say he had meant to refer to Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Mr Bush told the audience in the city of Dallas: "Russian elections are rigged, political opponents are imprisoned or otherwise eliminated from participating in the electoral process.

"The result is an absence of checks and balances in Russia, and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq."

He then corrected himself and shook his head.

"I mean, of Ukraine," he said, before jokingly blaming the blunder on his age, muttering "I'm 75" as the audience burst into laughter.

Footage of the mishap has been watched more than 10 million times on Twitter after it was shared by Michael Williams, a reporter from Dallas News who was at the event.

Social media users described the error as "history's greatest Freudian slip".

Many have also criticised the former president for appearing to make light of the conflict in 2003.

Mr Bush was at the helm when the US led a devastating invasion of Iraq over claims of weapons of mass destruction that were never found.

• Even ignoring his Freudian slip it's disgusting how he's condemning Putin yet he did the same thing on a larger scale. He managed to invade another country for no reason, kill 1 million civilians, destabilised a country, then a power vacuum helped give rise to isis.

• Even ignoring his Freudian slip it's disgusting how he's condemning Putin yet he did the same thing on a larger scale. He managed to invade another country for no reason, kill 1 million civilians, destabilised a country, then a power vacuum helped give rise to isis.

i cannot believe someone asked him to make a speech about the war and he agreed. he's the last person on earth who should be saying anything about this matter. he killed millions of people just because he could, that's literally the reason. and this war criminal has never been punished, nobody even talked about punishing him. no, instead he's living his best life.

"I mean, of Ukraine," he said, before jokingly blaming the blunder on his age, muttering "I'm 75" as the audience burst into laughter.

:pepefacepalm:

trash.

• i cannot believe someone asked him to make a speech about the war and he agreed. he's the last person on earth who should be saying anything about this matter. he killed millions of people just because he could, that's literally the reason. and this war criminal has never been punished, nobody even talked about punishing him. no, instead he's living his best life.

:pepefacepalm:

trash.

I know right. It's sickening. He's on the same level as Putin for the war crimes he committed but everyone thinks of him as the silly man. Even Obama was a warmonger though not to the same level, he didn't start new wars but sure as shit didn't mind drone striking a fuck ton of civilians as well. Ironically he won a Nobel peace prize for doing nothing.....I guess the peace prize was for restraint in not commiting war crimes for 5 mins lol.

• I know right. It's sickening. He's on the same level as Putin for the war crimes he committed but everyone thinks of him as the silly man. Even Obama was a warmonger though not to the same level, he didn't start new wars but sure as shit didn't mind drone striking a fuck ton of civilians as well. Ironically he won a Nobel peace prize for doing nothing.....I guess the peace prize was for restraint in not commiting war crimes for 5 mins lol.

biden called putin a war criminal and they (republican and democrat presidents) killed half of the middle east :cryingr: which ofc doesn't imply that putin isn't a war criminal, i'm focusing on the part that war criminals are calling out another war criminal :cryingr:

everything it's been said about trump and what kind of president he was, but interestingly enough, he never started a war. he at least did one thing right

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!