why do people act like garam apologizing would have changed anything

• i see so many people saying how all of this could have been avoided if garam had just apologized prior.

even if she did, i wouldn't support an idol who i knew bullied someone into suicide and dropping out of school. this isn't like other bullying scandals where its fighting between friends or just kids being mean to others. she literally pushed someone to kill themselves. and didn't care at all. if she had/does apologize, its only because the company forced her to, not because she cares.

Approved the thread.
  • i see so many people saying how all of this could have been avoided if garam had just apologized prior.

even if she did, i wouldn't support an idol who i knew bullied someone into suicide and dropping out of school. this isn't like other bullying scandals where its fighting between friends or just kids being mean to others. she literally pushed someone to kill themselves. and didn't care at all. if she had/does apologize, its only because the company forced her to, not because she cares.

i'm kind of glad hybe messed up so bad. if they had secretly negociated, then nothing would have come out about her (it would have come out but then dismissed as rumors) and then people would be fans of her.

• but one thing for sure is hybe making the situation worse especially when they said Garem is the real victim. There is no turnaround for this.

• Kpop fans are so anxious for gossip and drama, so I don't think her apologizing would have mattered. Kpop is fucked up, as far as I can see, witch hunts are encouraged and you are guilty until proven innocent.

• I thought that the fans harassing the victim is what making the victim on suicide watch? So if anything, the fans are fully adding fire into this boiling fk of a volcano. Might need a fact check on this one.

Also, maybe apologizing early could of prevent all these. I mean that one dude from JYPe group apologized, went on hiatus, and now it seems OK for the group. JYPe knows what the f to do. Also someone fact check this one.

Situation looking real bad for the group and label, but it's all pointing fingers UNTIL the court case. Cause I mean look at Amber Heard case, all those years and finally came out. History of KPOP also have similar cases, so yall need to chill until then?

Don't try to play winner or loser side, it's only victim and abuser, we just gotta see who's lying.

• I think it would, people who hate her would still hate her but at least she's still a minor and it would do WONDER to her image if she seemed ashamed about her past. The reason most people supported wonho when HSH exposed he went to a juvenile center was because it was a long time ago and dude already mentioned about his wrongdoings and that he was trying to do better

• i really hate bullies it gives me flashbacks

• What i don't understand is people harping on the minor point by HYBE when everyone was saying that the school can't give out info to the public for minors. Isn't that what hybe was saying too. And how is this related to hybe suing minors.

• Because fans could at least have pretended she had thought about her wrongdoings and repented. That's she's a new person. Deluding themselves that she's not really a bully.

That's how kpop works, it's all based on fantasies.

• even if she did, i wouldn't support an idol who i knew bullied someone into suicide

that's not what happened but ok.

Learn to fuckin read and make a timeline of events, people.

• i wouldn't support an idol who i knew bullied someone into suicide and dropping out of school

Are some of you people this dense by accident or on purpose?

• If someone is hurt, apologizing is the first mature step in taking responsibility whether you are right or wrong. She should have apologized and showed empathy towards the eunso. Not fight her head on without care for her feelings. Hype is a total ass.

• I think it would, people who hate her would still hate her but at least she's still a minor and it would do WONDER to her image if she seemed ashamed about her past. The reason most people supported wonho when HSH exposed he went to a juvenile center was because it was a long time ago and dude already mentioned about his wrongdoings and that he was trying to do better

Its very different. Maybe it would help her if she showed regret but I would never stan Wonho if he was exposed as a bully. Its just my personal standards.

Their cases are very different because 1. He was exposed as a thief, not a bully. 2. He spoke about it before debut.

It was easy to understand his side when before debut he had already spoken about how he caused a lot of trouble to his mom and expressed guilty and said he was sorry for that. It's clear that he had issues with money.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After he debuted he never engaged in any problematic behavior and in fact cut ties with people of his past, one of the reasons HSH's girlfriend at the time exposed him.

Its little details that still made people support him, things could have been far different if fans never had a hint of how his past was like. But in fact many already knew what kind of past he had and how he felt about it before he was exposed.

It also helped that his case felt more like a vendetta, at that time Shownu was also being attacked with rumors and pictures taken without his consent, so it felt more like a free attack on Monsta X than a genuine case of concern about Wonho. His departure was like he was taking the L for the whole group, he made the decision before Starship, and in fact, Monsta X indeed did much better as a group in Korea after he left. At that time his future was very uncertain which was why fans were so willing to support him and we waited 1 year until his return.

So its not comparable to Garam's scandal at all.

• she didn't bully people till suicide dear god!!the fans are the ones harassing the victim till suicide!!

• she didn't bully people till suicide dear god!!the fans are the ones harassing the victim till suicide!!

People are acting dense and spreading misinformation when the alleged victim clearly stated that this is the fan who are harassing her. That's why we don't let the street do the justice.

It's still her fault tho. If she had admitted to being wrong and apologized seriously, dumb fans r her "friends" wouldn't have harassed the girl.

Don't act as if she's a hopeless girl that doesn't know what's happening around her and that can't change anything. The situation has come to this because of her selfish actions, and hybe's.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!