How come Irene survived scandal and Soojin couldn't?

• huRRicane8

Changed the title of the thread from “How come Irene survived scandal and sSoojin couldn't?” to “How come Irene survived scandal and Soojin couldn't?”.
  • because Irene had gapjil controversy

which is treated like a 'powertrip'

she basically screamed at editor and behaved badly

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i dont think irene survived either. although she's in much better place compared to soojin. she barely have any endorsements (correct me if im wrong cuz i barely hear anything from her). her image was destroyed and i dont think companies would like her to be their model after what happened.

• Irene case is a case of bad attitude. And the stylist had ACTUAL EVIDENCE like a voice recording or some sort. So Irene knew she was going to lose the fight and apologised.

Soojin's case is a case of bullying which is more serious. Also, was it actually ever proven that she was acfiallg a bully?

I know this sounds like defending her but yes she did say she will leave if the accusations are true. But just because she left doesn't mean the accusations are true if you get what I mean?

Like if I say 'I will drink bubble tea today if it rains', but if I really did drink bubble tea, it doesn't necessarily mean it rained.

• i dont think irene survived either. although she's in much better place compared to soojin. she barely have any endorsements (correct me if im wrong cuz i barely hear anything from her). her image was destroyed and i dont think companies would like her to be their model after what happened.

Yeah irene solo career is done. No one is calling her for anything. But irene can still enjoy red velvet success and stay in SM but soojin can't see any success ever most probably.

The way gidle smashed right after she left... Almost like a sign it was the right thing to happen

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I know this sounds like defending her but yes she did say she will leave if the accusations are true. But just because she left doesn't mean the accusations are true if you get what I mean?

People often bring that up as some kind of "proof", but it doesn't add up as Soojin officially left the group in August 2021 and the police investigation ended 6~7 months later.

One might hypothesize that Cube already knew they were losing the case which prompted them to remove Soojin early. But it's a mere assumption; not even an educated guess.

• People often bring that up as some kind of "proof", but it doesn't add up as Soojin officially left the group in August 2021 and the police investigation ended 6~7 months later.

One might hypothesize that Cube already knew they were losing the case which prompted them to remove Soojin early. But it's a mere assumption; not even an educated guess.

I felt like Cube decided that halting the group progress while waiting for the investigations to finish is just going to harm the group in the long run.

So they just cut her off to let things move on

• I felt like Cube decided that halting the group progress while waiting for the investigations to finish is just going to harm the group in the long run.

So they just cut her off to let things move on

Because they kept her under contract back then, I used to think her withdrawal was possibly a trick to take the heat off the group then reinstate Soojin sometime later. Obviously things didn't go this way, which leaves more questions than answers imo.

Maybe some day people who lived the events from the inside will tell how things unfolded back then.

• Irene has so many who worship her regardless. The amount of people defending a grown woman bullying someone to tears was quite something. All because of her visual.

That combined with how Cube handled Soojin's case so poorly made the difference, even though Soojin was a child when alleged events happened

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!