Why would a bully become an idol?

• Doesnt matter if its the people having scandals right now or someone else entirely. All of the current scandals might be fake for all we know. But thats not really the topic.

There are obviously some ex bullies being idols right now. There are just too many idols for this to not be true for at least a few. Thousands of idols. Someone must be one.

What I started wondering, why would you become an idol if you where a bully? Like idk, if I where in that situation I would never do it. Its like living every single day wondering wheter its the day someone will expose you. I just cant imagine how anyone would take such a huge risk. I mean in a real case the probability of someone actually having convincing proof is much bigger. And then you cant simply get out if it. And your career is ruined for real. For me personally, the risk would be way too huge to put in so much work for something that might be destroyed in minutes.

• ig momentary fame

and considering how long most of these accusations took to come out, you could get like 3-4 solid years before someone makes an accusation. assuming they ever do. and a lot of scandals pass and then u can go on with your life and continue promoting.

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• Because bullies have dreams too....

And by the time they're idols they're most likely not the same person as they were in middle school.

Not everyone is stuck in their mid-teens. People change.

• well if you are successful then you can use your idol status to continue to bully others

and if you are truly big enough then you can use your position to undermine the actions of your accusers

• ig momentary fame

and considering how long most of these accusations took to come out, you could get like 3-4 solid years before someone makes an accusation. assuming they ever do. and a lot of scandals pass and then u can go on with your life and continue promoting.

Idk man, I would literally die from anxiety waiting every day for the shitstorm to happen. By rhe time the actual thing happens I would probably already be bald from daily mental breakdowns and not being able to sleep soundly even a single night. Too much stress for 3-4.good years xD

• Because bullies have dreams too....

And by the time they're idols they're most likely not the same person as they were in middle school.

Not everyone is stuck in their mid-teens. People change.

But... These days...most people debut fresh out of middle school or during hs... Like literally...that argument doesnt make sense

• Idk man, I would literally die from anxiety waiting every day for the shitstorm to happen. By rhe time the actual thing happens I would probably already be bald from daily mental breakdowns and not being able to sleep soundly even a single night. Too much stress for 3-4.good years xD

I think bullies who haven't changed would be too apathetic to get stressed about it

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• well if you are successful then you can use your idol status to continue to bully others

and if you are truly big enough then you can use your position to undermine the actions of your accusers

Thats the spirit. I am too weak mindes to come to this conclusion xD

• This is a generalization but a lot of bullies are usually the popular ones in class because they have a lot of friends, is funny or, in most cases the attractive kids

So if you think about it, popular kids are more likely to want to become celebrities because they are use to people looking up to them and they like that attention so they become idols...

Idk what i'm trying to say here but I hope someone understood me LOL. But yea who knows, some people could be bullying others but not know it themselves

• I think bullies who haven't changed would be too apathetic to get stressed about it

Thats a good question yeah.

But idk, I mean I am not a psychopath or anything (just using the most extreme example because psychopaths are said to not be able to feel for others), but I would assume they are stressed about their own wellbeing and survival even if they cant be stressed about others? Thats what I would assume idk. And then I would guess the same would apply for everyone else?

• Thats a good question yeah.

But idk, I mean I am not a psychopath or anything (just using the most extreme example because psychopaths are said to not be able to feel for others), but I would assume they are stressed about their own wellbeing and survival even if they cant be stressed about others? Thats what I would assume idk. And then I would guess the same would apply for everyone else?

If they are psychopath/sociopath they wouldn't care because 1. They don't feel things then same way we do 2. They would just think how to manipulate people in their favor.

If anything, the idea of being on the spotlight for a bad action would excite them instead of making them anxious. Socipaths/psychopaths always act for the quick thrill they can get when they succeed in something. They don't care about anything else, even if their rep is at stake they can always manipulate people anyway.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• A bully would want to become an idol for the same reason any other person would want to become an idol.

Bullies don't necessarily see themselves as bullies. They don't reflect on their actions and say to themselves "oh man, I'm such a bully, am i right?". Real world doesn't work that way. Most of time bullies don't realize the harm they cause. In their eyes they're just joking, playing, teasing, bantering, poking fun.

Of course I'm not talking of those who beat people up, racket money and other belongings, and such. But verbal bullies most likely don't see themselves as bullies. So yes they can dream of becoming idols no problem.

• If they are psychopath/sociopath they wouldn't care because 1. They don't feel things then same way we do 2. They would just think how to manipulate people in their favor.

If anything, the idea of being on the spotlight for a bad action would excite them instead of making them anxious. Socipaths/psychopaths always act for the quick thrill they can get when they succeed in something. They don't care about anything else, even if their rep is at stake they can always manipulate people anyway.

Really? I always thought they are characterized as people who try to come off as very charming and mostly just let their true face show with family/close people?

I cant say for sure but I actually assume my father is one. And while he does slip up from time to time where he cant control himself anymore, for the most part he lives with a controlled facade tbh.

• Really? I always thought they are characterized as people who try to come off as very charming and mostly just let their true face show with family/close people?

I cant say for sure but I actually assume my father is one. And while he does slip up from time to time where he cant control himself anymore, for the most part he lives with a controlled facade tbh.

What is happend at your father?

• I mean it's the same situation as asking why so many politicians run for office when they have done something bad in their pasts?
    Obviously they think it won't matter, won't come up, or isn't a big issue.

Tbh, at this point we actually all assume that most politicians are pieces of shit, not the other way around. So no one is surprised when something comes up tbh. Not the same for idols. They are the living and breathing examples of pitch perfect innocent image.

• Tbh, at this point we actually all assume that most politicians are pieces of shit, not the other way around. So no one is surprised when something comes up tbh. Not the same for idols. They are the living and breathing examples of pitch perfect innocent image.

Politicians generally try to PRETEND be examples of a pitch perfect image. Even if we assume otherwise.
    Idols have that same innocent/flawless/unproblematic image, sure, but for many it's just an image or role to some degree. I'm sure lots of pretending goes on there too.

• Politicians generally try to PRETEND be examples of a pitch perfect image. Even if we assume otherwise.
    Idols have that same innocent/flawless/unproblematic image, sure, but for many it's just an image or role to some degree. I'm sure lots of pretending goes on there too.

Yeah but its still not the same. Politicians had hunddreds of years to fuck up majorly in all areas of life. And they often manage perfectly. I mean no idol has causes the holocaust, imprisioned their own citizens or started dictatorships. Politicians are so mistrusted that no one falls for the facade.

Kpop is too young of an industry to have the same amount of mistrust. While there are people who dont believe in all the acting and innocence, its by far not on the same level.

• Really? I always thought they are characterized as people who try to come off as very charming and mostly just let their true face show with family/close people?

I'm not sure about sociopaths, they are very similar to psychopaths, but I studied more the latter so I'll talk about them.

Psychopaths simply... Don't feel. Their brain isn't activated in the emotional part like it is for most people. It's a defect.

So they see things differently. Because they don't feel emotions, they are far more objective than most people which makes way easier for them to read others and manipulate them accordingly. And their lack of emotions is also the reason why they are always looking for the benefits only. They don't care about the consequences because any benefit they can get is their only source of dopamine/adrenaline. This is why some go as far as killing someone. But most psychopaths are surprisingly highly functional. A lot of them are in position of power because they have no problem of focusing until they achieve their goals. Obviously, that includes taking advantage or trying to destroy anyone who stand on their way. By the way, they usually only go after the ones that they can perceive hints of weakness, and they will see that even in the way someone walks. If they think the other individual will take no shit, they'll look after someone else, either easier to manipulate or fight.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Yeah but its still not the same. Politicians had hunddreds of years to fuck up majorly in all areas of life. And they often manage perfectly. I mean no idol has causes the holocaust, imprisioned their own citizens or started dictatorships. Politicians are so mistrusted that no one falls for the facade.

Kpop is too young of an industry to have the same amount of mistrust. While there are people who dont believe in all the acting and innocence, its by far not on the same level.

Of course some politicians have done those things, but not every politician has done something so heinous as the things you've mentioned. Especially local politicians.
    No one falls for the facade, but it looks even worse if they don't pretend to be that vision of innocence and perfection.

You're missing the point though. It's not about people's perception of them at all.
    The point is whether or not someone (politican, idol, whatever) has done something bad, if they want to achieve their dream or go for their ideal job, they bury their past. There are plenty that have no pasts to bury, but those with bad things will still go forward anyway. This includes idols.

• But being a bully doesn't make you a sub species or a mutant? Bullies become parents, presidents, governments, managers, leaders, celebrities, business owners, school teachers, shop owner, chef, hotel worker, electrician, engineer, homeless etc.. being a bully isn't classified as one definite thing, hate to break it you but a lot of people have bullied one person or another at some point in their life, people we know personally and with that a lot have been picked on or bullied. The main factor is majority of this took place during childhood - teenage years (sadly it still happens in adult life, as bullying at work is so common) My main point is people that bully often don't realise they are bullying as they dont see the mental impact it causes the victim asap - five - ten - twenty years down their life. I'm sure majority idols are bullies and have picked on someone ( the severity of it is a different story). But I'm also sure majority who have bullied have grown up and realised and even gone out their way to apologise to their victims.

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I just think people shouldn't hold such strong dislike or even punish people for the mistake of their past, had this been a current thing then by all means start the witch hunt, but why punish someone for something they done 5/ 10 or more years ago? Heck so much changes within One year let alone ten? I think the only person that has any weight whatsoever, to decide if a bully deserves the life they're living are the victim themselves.

:fingerk:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• But being a bully doesn't make you a sub species or a mutant? Bullies become parents, presidents, governments, managers, leaders, celebrities, business owners, school teachers, shop owner, chef, hotel worker, electrician, engineer, homeless etc.. a being a bully isn't classified as one definite thing, hate to break it you but a lot of people have bullied one person or another at some point in their life, people we know personally and with that a lot have been picked on or bullied. The main factor is majority of this took place during childhood - teenage years (sadly it still happens in adult life, as bullying at work is so common) My main point is people that bully often don't realise they are bullying as they dont see the mental impact it causes the victim asap - five - ten - twenty years down their life. I'm sure majority idols are bullies and have picked on somewhere ( the severity of it is a different story). But I'm also sure majority who have bullied have grown up and realised and even gone out their way to apologise to their victims.

That's true. My younger brother used to make harsh jokes of people at school. Yet he's completely unaware of what his actions probably caused to the ones he mocked. If he was an idol and what he did resurfaced, I bet everyone in my family would be surprised including himself. A lot of times, bullies are completely unaware of what they're doing and how it leave scars on others. Most of them are normal, everyday people that can still be docile for the most part and forget about their cruel jokes the next day.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• That's true. My younger brother used to make harsh jokes of people at school. Yet he's completely unaware of what his actions probably caused to the ones he mocked. If he was an idol and what he did resurfaced, I bet everyone in my family would be surprised including himself. A lot of times, bullies are completely unaware of what they're doing and how it leave scars on others. Most of them are normal, everyday people that can still be docile for the most part and forget about their cruel jokes the next day.

I deal with this so often, people that have suffered massive blows to their confidence and esteem because of bullying, and the crazy thing is it's not just strangers at school or work but also family members that also bully their relatives. The whole things messy, but I think any witch-hunt needs to stop, so long as you're not the victim or you weren't there, it doesn't involve anyone, so let them work it out and let us remember no idol or celebrity is a perfect person no matter how big their smile is or how pretty and talented they are, that's there job and we know nothing on personal matters.

• I deal with this so often, people that have suffered massive blows to their confidence and esteem because of bullying, and the crazy thing is it's not just strangers at school or work but also family members that also bully their relatives. The whole things messy, but I think any witch-hunt needs to stop, so long as you're not the victim or you weren't there, it doesn't involve anyone, so let them work it out and let us remember no idol or celebrity is a perfect person no matter how big their smile is or how pretty and talented they are, that's there job and we know nothing on personal matters.

Yeah. I fully agree.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think the only person that has any weight whatsoever, to decide if a bully deserves the life they're living are the victim themselves.

Well, I don't think anyone should be able to decide if this guy or that guy has the life he deserves, bully or not.

BUT I agree the victim is the only one who has legitimate reasons to be mad, unlike the legions of outsiders, strangers to both parties, who have no business adding fuel to the fire of a controversy.

• Yeah. I fully agree.

I don't follow gidle, but had I did I would still listen to their music. I might think a little different and I certainly wouldn't be naive to think they've all gone through life being the sweetest people on earth spreading sunlight wherever they go, but tell me who has? So long as they haven't murdered anyone and are currently good enough people, what happened in their past is little to do with me and my life.

• Well, I don't think anyone should be able to decide if this guy or that guy has the life he deserves, bully or not.

BUT I agree the victim is the only one who has legitimate reasons to be mad, unlike the legions of outsiders, strangers to both parties, who have no business adding fuel to the fire of a controversy.

I think the reason many people get so involved with it it's because they tend to empathize with the victims. A lot of them were also either bullied or know someone personally who were, so they kinda take the pain of the bullied one as theirs. Bullying cases usually always cause outrages, especially if it was something serious that could impact the bullied person's life. They hate stories that sound unfair because they realize that what happened to someone could also happen to them or someone they know.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Well, I don't think anyone should be able to decide if this guy or that guy has the life he deserves, bully or not.

The reason I said the top part is because bullying can really destroy someones way of life. It may not be suicide but it can result in someone not living life at all, which is lost of opportunities, depression, anxiety etc I'm sure you would have strong feelings if someone who made your life hell for whatever reason they thought was reasonable, was on tv/ radio getting rich etc?

• Anyone planning to be an idol should seriously reflect on the life they've lived so far, pinpoint all the times they hurt someone or might have hurt someone and make reparations

They should also clean up their social media, just in case :eyes:

• Anyone planning to be an idol should seriously reflect on the life they've lived so far, pinpoint all the times they hurt someone or might have hurt someone and make reparations

They should also clean up their social media, just in case :eyes:

This is why they say if you're going to be famous delete anything offensive on twitter/ social media or delete social media and make a new one. And often times people still come forward with ignorant/ racist/ homophobic and offensive things said celebrity tweeted before they were famous but deleted the tweet, so even then you're screwed. I just think everyone should try to be a good person, it's not hard. Don't get disrespectful personally with anyone, dont cause trouble, focus on your own life and I'm sure people wouldn't try making rumours up about you

:zipr:

• I think the reason many people get so involved with it it's because they tend to empathize with the victims.

I understand the empathy but some of these people are unfortunately more concerned about sending hate to the accused rather than expressing support to the accuser. And that's a shame. I saw it already last year with the AOA Mina/Jimin controversy. Even if Jimin's case was worse than most, it's still not a reason.

It just reminds me of the hateful crowds who gathered for public executions in medieval times; they didn't even know the convicted, they were just there to insult and throw trash at them rabidly.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!