Cha Eunwoo

• Cha Eun-woo (차은우) is a South Korean singer, actor, and model signed under Fantagio Entertainment. He is currently a vocalist in the South Korean boy group Astro.

I. Pre-Debut

Cha Eunwoo was born Lee Dong-min (이동민) on March 30, 1997 in Gunpo, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. He graduated from Hanlim Multi Art High School in 2016.

II. Career

Eunwoo made his debut as an actor with a minor role in the 2014 film My Brilliant Life and was chosen as the face of Korean cosmetic company Shara Chara from 2014-2015. In August 2015, Eunwoo appeared alongside the other members of Astro in the web series To Be Continued.

On February 23, 2016, Eunwoo debuted as a member of Astro. In October of that year he was chosen to be one of the MCs for Show! Music Core and starred in the web drama, My Romantic Some Recipe.

In 2017, Eunwoo was cast in the KBS2 drama Hit the Top and starred in the web drama Sweet Revenge.

In 2018, Eunwoo appeared in the web drama Top Management and was case as the male lead in the JTBC romantic comedy My ID is Gangnam Beauty. Following his appearance in the drama, his popularity skyrocketed and he was named one of GQ's Men of the Year.

In 2019, Eunwoo stared in the historical drama Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung. For that role, he won the Excellence Award for an Actor and Best Couple alongside Shin Se-Kyung at the MBC Drama Awards. In October, Eunwoo held his first solo fan meeting titled "Just One 10 Minute" across Asia.

In 2020, Eunwoo appeared as a cast member on the basketball variety series, Handsome Tigers, and became a fixed cast member of Master in the House. The latter of which earned him the Rookie Award at the 2020 SBS Entertainment Awards. In 2020, Eunwoo began starring in the tvN drama, True Beauty, based on the widely popular webtoon of the same name.

In June 2021, it was announced that Eunwoo would be appearing in the film Decibel alongside Kim Rae-won, Lee Jong-suk and Lee Sang-hee. In the same month, Eunwoo left Master in the House to focus on his career as an idol and as a actor. In July, Eunwoo was named an official brand ambassador for Burberry. In August it was confirmed that Eunwoo was cast in the drama Island which will air in 2022. On November 30 Eunwoo released the OST "Don't Cry, My Love" for the webtoon Under the Oak Tree.

III. Soundtrack Appearances

Title Year Drama
    Rainbow Falling 2018 My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    Together 2018 Top Managment
    Please Remember 2019 Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung
    Love So Fine 2021 True Beuaty
    Don't Cry, My Love 2021 Under the Oak Tree

IV. Filmography

IVI. Film

Year Title Role
    2014 My Brilliant Life Ah-Reum (Cameo)
    TBA Decibel Jeon Tae-ryong

IVII. Television Dramas

Year Title Role Network
    2017 Hit the Top MJ KBS2
    2018 My ID is Gangnam Beauty Do Kyung-seok JTBC
    2019 Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung Yi Rim (Prince Dowon) / Maehwa MBC
    2020-2021 True Beauty Lee Su-ho tvN
    2022 Island John tvN

IVIII. Web Series

Year Title Role Network
    2015 To Be Continued Cha Eunwoo MBC Every1
    2016 My Romantic Some Recipe Himself Naver TVCast
    2017 Sweet Revenge Himself Okususu
    2018 Top Management Woo Yeon-woo YouTube Red
    2019 Soul Plate Angel Raviel Naver TVCast, YouTube

IVIV. Variety Show

Year Title Role Network
    2016 Law of the Jungle in New Caledonia Main Cast SBS
    2018 Dead if Shot Main Cast Naver
    2020 Handsome Tigers Main Cast SBS
    2020-2021 Master in the House Main Cast SBS

IVV. Hosting

Year Title Network
    2016-2018 Show! Music Core MBC
    2017-2019 MBC Dayo Daejejeon MBC
    2018 Dream Concert SBS
    2020 Dream Concert VLive, YouTube
    2020 KBS Song Festival KBS2
    2020 SBS Entertainment Awards SBS
    2021 Dream Concert LIVECONNECT
    2021 Seoul International Drama Awards MBC
    2021 KBS Song Festival KBS2

V. Awards

Year Award Category Nominated Work
    2017 9th MTN Broadcast Advertising Festival CF Male Star Award -
    2018 11th Korea Drama Awards Best New Actor My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    2018 11th Korea Drama Awards
    Hallyu Star Award My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    2018 3rd Indonesian Television Awards Special Award - Person of the Year -
    2018 Yahoo Asia Buzz Awards Most Searched Rookie Actor My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    2018 3rd Asia Artist Awards Rising Star Award My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    2018 Korean First Brand Awards Male Idol-Actor Award My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    2018 Korea First Brand Awards Male Commercial Model Award -
    2019 1st iQiyi Entertainment Awards Most Charming Actor My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    2019 MBC Drama Awards Excellence Awards for an Actor in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung
    2019 MBC Drama Awards Best Couple Award (with Shin Se-kyung) Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung
    2020 Newsis K-EXPO 2020 Seoul Tourism Organization CEO Award -
    2020 14th SBS Entertainment Awards Rookie Award Rookie Award

VI. Trivia

• He’s also called “Face Genius” (meaning someone who has crazily handsome face).
    • He attended elementary school in the Philippines.
    • His favorite soccer team is Real Madrid.
    • He can play the piano, guitar, flute, and violin.