Oh My Girl - Closer

• I. Introduction

Closer is the second mini album by OH MY GIRL.

It was released by WM Entertainment on October 8, 2015 and was distributed by LOEN Entertainment.

The album contains five songs, including the single of the same name ''Closer''.

Oh My Girl promoted the album with a series of televised live performances of "Closer" on South Korea's music shows.

"Closer" was positively received by several American music critics, making the kpop top 20 year end lists of Billboard and Noisey.

II. Music and Composition

The EP (also called a mini album) was produced by WM Entertainment's CEO Lee Won-min, with music produced by Choi Jae-hyuk ) and Moon Jeong-gyu of the Key Artist Agency, a music publishing and production company based in Los Angeles.
    All five songs had music composed by songwriters associated with the agency, and three of the songs feature rap lyrics written by Oh My Girl member Mimi.

"Closer" was composed by Laura Brian and Sean Alexander. Brian wrote the song to have a "dreamy feel", beautiful and eerie at the same time. It was originally written with an R&B beat for the american song market, and Alexander changed the instrumental to be more upbeat before sending it to contacts at the Key Artist Agency. The song was subsequently purchased by WM Entertainment. Seo's lyrics were written to fit the mysterious and dreamlike feeling, and include cosmic imagery.

"Say No More" is a retro pop R&B song.

"Playground" is an uptempo pop song about a couple who break up and say goodbye to each other at a playground.

"Sugar Baby" is retro-pop song with minor chord progressions and big band instrumentation.
    In the song's lyrics, the narrator compares her boyfriend to a teddy bear.

The last track, "Round About", is an uptempo R&B song with a swing rhythm.

III. Tracklist

1. Closer

2. Say No More

3. Playground

4. Sugar Baby

5. Round About

IV. MV and Album Tracks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.