B.A.P - No Mercy

• I. Introdution

No Mercy is the first EP by B.A.P.
    It was released digitally on July 19, 2012,

the physical release was originally scheduled to be on July 19, 2012 as well but was delayed to July 24, 2012 because of the problems with the finished product.

It features 5 tracks and the singles "Goodbye" and "No Mercy".

The special single "Goodbye" was released 10 days ahead of the album release whereas the lead single "No Mercy" was released on the same date as the album. On August 30, 2012, the repackaged version of the EP, renamed Crash, was released.

II. Singles and Composition

The title of the EP was revealed on July 12, 2012, along with the album cover and track listing.

The album jacket photos of the individual members were released on July 15 and 16, 2012, which introduced the urban pop boy concept for the promotions.

The first single from the EP is a pop rock ballad ''Goodbye''. It features falsetto vocals and a strong rap. The song was composed by Jeon Daun along with B.A.P member Yongguk.

Yongguk also helped to pen the lyrics. "Goodbye" also featured guitarist TOP, who worked with Seo Taeji for over 10 years.

The second single, title track "No Mercy", is composed and produced by Marco and Jeon Daun and Yongguk helped with the lyrics. The rapping parts of the song utilizes the Gyeongsangdo dialect. It also makes use of samul nori , a type of traditional Korean percussion music.

This song is quite similar in comparison with group's previous singles Warrior and Power as it brings back many of the group's signature style, especially the use of whistles in the instrumental.

The repackaged version of the EP, entitled Crash and its title track were released on August 30, 2012.

The song is the work of Duble Sidekick, and has a British rock base mixed with guitar sounds.

It contains elements of pop rock, dance rock and teen pop.
    Non-promotional album track "Voicemail" is a hip hop ballad song

and the first by the group that is entirely written by member Yongguk. It integrates the use of phone sounds in the instrumental.

III. Tracklist

1. Goodbye

2. No Mercy

3. Voice Message

4. Dancing in The Rain

5. What My Heart Tells Me To Do

IV. MV and Album Tracks