EXO - Countdown

• I. Introduction

Countdown is the first japanse studio album by EXO, released on January 31, 2018.

The album contains previously released Japanese tracks along with four new songs, including the lead single Electric Kiss.

II. Background and Release

On November 4, 2017, Exo was announced to be releasing their first Japanese studio album on January 24, 2018.

Ahead of the release of the music video for "Electric Kiss", Exo shared individual member teaser clips from November 18 to November 25 for their upcoming Japanese album. The release was later postponed to January 31, 2018.
    Member Lay is heard in the six previously released songs but did not participate in recording for the new songs due to conflicts with his promotional schedules in China.

III. Promotion

Exo performed "Electric Kiss" for the first time on January 26, 2018 on the Japanese morning TV show Sukkiri.

On January 27 and 28, Exo added "Electric Kiss" and "Cosmic Railway" to the set list of their tour EXO PLANET #4 The Elyxion in Saitama and Osaka.

IV. Commercial Performance

The album debuted atop the Oricon Weekly Album Chart making Exo the first international group to have their first single and full album in Japan reach number one on Oricon's weekly chart.

Countdown also continued in first place on Oricon's daily album chart for three consecutive days after its release, marking first place four times in total during the first week.

According to Oricon, Exo's album recorded an estimated 89,000 units in sales within the first week of release.

On February 9 the RIAJ announced that Countdown had sold over 100,000 copies and received a gold certification. The album reached the benchmark within only ten days of its release on January 31, 2018.

V. Tracklist

1. Electric Kiss

2. Coming Over

3. Love me Right romantic universe

4. Lightsaber

5. Tactix

6. Into My World

7. Loving You Mo'

8. Drop That

9. Run This

10. Cosmic Railway

VI. MV and Album Tracks