NCT Dream - The First

• Cover of The First

I. Introduction

The First is the debut single album by NCT Dream, the third sub-unit of NCT. It was released on February 9, 2017 with "My First and Last" as the title track.

II. Background and Release

NCT is unique among K-Pop groups due to the fact that the concept of NCT is an ever expanding group with "unlimited" members and is comprised of several individual subunits. NCT's first sub-unit, the rotational NCT U, launched on April 4, 2016, while the second sub-unit, the fixed unit NCT 127 debuted on July 7, 2016. NCT Dream was the third NCT sub-unit, debuting on August 24, 2016.

NCT Dream's original concept was a group of younger members who would promote and "graduate" from the group upon turning 20 years of age. They made their debut with seven members (Mark, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung) on August 24, 2016 with the single "Chewing Gum".

The First includes "Chewing Gum," as well as three new songs. These early NCT Dream releases usually had the title track in both Korean and Chinese versions, and this EP includes Chinese versions of the lead single "My First and Last," as well as "Chewing Gum." During promotions of this release, Jaemin did not participate due to medical hiatus.

III. Tracklist

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement Length

"My First and Last"

Jeon Gan-di, Mark August Rigo, Justin Davey, Ryan S. Jhun August Rigo, Justin Davey, Ryan S. Jhun 3:21

"My First and Last" (Chinese version)

Arys Chien August Rigo, Justin Davey, Ryan S. Jhun August Rigo, Justin Davey, Ryan S. Jhun 3:21

"Dunk Shot"

Kim Kwang-jin Kim Kwang-jin Kenzie 3:52

"Chewing Gum"

Jo Yoon-kyung, Moon Seol-ri, Jung Min-ji, Mark Thomas Troelsen, Kenzie Thomas Troelsen, Kenzie 3:17

"Chewing Gum" (Chinese version)

Arys Chien Thomas Troelsen, Kenzie Thomas Troelsen, Kenzie 3:17

IV. Spotify Tracklist

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Videos

My First and Last MV

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My First and Last Performance MV

External Content youtu.be

Chewing Gum MV

External Content www.youtube.com

VI. Concept Photos

Reception

The First entered the Korean Gaon Album Chart at #1. "My First and Last" reached #89 on the Gaon charts, #9 on Chinese Billboard and #11 on the U.S. Billboard World Songs charts.