BoA - Better

• I. Introduction

Better is the tenth Korean-language studio album (twentieth overall) by South Korean singer BoA. It was released on December 1, 2020, by SM Entertainment, to commemorate her twentieth anniversary. The album features 11 tracks, with the title song serving as the album's lead single.

II. Background and Composition

On November 5, 2020, SM Entertainment announced that BoA will make a come back with her tenth Korean studio album titled Better, two years after the release of her ninth album Woman (2018). The album release marks the singer's twentieth anniversary since her debut in 2000. Preorders began the same day. A music video teaser for the lead single "Better" was released on November 30. The album was released on December 1, 2020, by SM Entertainment, through various music portals. The accompanying music video for "Better" was released in conjunction with the album's release.

I still can't believe that 20 years have passed since my debut, ... it feels like people around me are giving more meaning to this than I am. Gearing up for Better, I tried to keep myself more lighthearted because I was afraid I might not be able to drop it now if I also put a lot of meaning into it and made it too weighty.

— BoA on the album and her 20th anniversary, The Korea Times

"Better" is an alternative R&B written and arranged by longtime collaborator Yoo Young-jin. Alongside music production by Yoo, Aston Rudi, and Jay-Keyz, the song also contains a sample of "Like I Do" by Swedish singer AWA, who was given songwriting credits for the song.

The physical album was made available for purchase on December 2, 2020, and has two editions: regular and limited. The limited version was made available in two "special" editions: yellow and beige. A few hours after the album's release, BoA held an online live show titled "Better BoA" which was broadcast through Naver's V Live channel, where she introduced songs from the album.

III. Tracklisting

[hl=1][/hl]

Number Name Length
    1 Better 3:19
    2 Temptations 3:15
    3 Cloud 3:46
    4 All That Jazz 3:58
    5 L.O.V.E 3:16
    6 Cut Me Off 3:05
    7 Got Me Good 3:04
    8 Honey & Diamonds 3:54
    9 Start Over 3:08
    10 Gravity 3:31
    11 Little Bird 3:27

IV. Packaging

V. Important Videos from the Era

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.