You Are My Destiny (2020)

• NuSwLza.jpg

I. Introduction

A Chinese remake of the 2008 Taiwanese series Fated to Love You, You Are My Destiny is a 2020 Chinese romantic comedy starring Xing Zhao Lin, Liang Jie, Fu Jing, Li Jiu Lin &, more, directed by Chou Hsiao Peng. The process took place in Shanghai &, lasted around 4 months from April 13, 2019 to August 6, 2019. It was released on June 5, 2020 through Tencent on Friday, Saturday 20:00 (2 eps) on first week, Tuesday-Thursday (2 eps), 6 more eps released for VIPs.

II. Synopsis

On-board a cruise ship bound for the Bahamas, two people from separate worlds have a chance encounter, transforming them into one another's destiny. The mousy and unassertive admin assistant, Chen Jia Xin meets the handsome, educated, and charming Wang Xi Yi heir to a large toiletries conglomerate. Mistaken identities serve to complicate their impromptu one-night stand, which ensures further contact, once back on land.

Family pressures arise from the pregnancy that has Jia Xin agreeing to contract marriage with a divorce clause. The child once born, will remain with Xi Yi, who will marry the woman he loves, dancer, and long-time girlfriend, Shi Anna.

Meddling and miscommunication lead to a tragic event. A heart-broken Jia Xin runs away from her feelings and Xi Yi to Hungary where her friend and art broker Dylan is headquartered. Over the following three years, she will establish herself as a potter, thanks to the tutelage of a prominent mentor. Dylan is ever supportive and finds himself developing feelings for Jia Xin.

Separation from Jia Xin finds Xi Yi maturing into someone certain of desiring a family. Meanwhile, he must fend off the advances of the delusional Anna, who's plotting to get him back. Dylan remains steadfast in his quest to locate his long-lost sister, with whom he was separated as a child.

Fate and a business deal will reunite Jia Xin and Xi Yi in Hungary. As their shared history and future possibilities converge it's as if they had never been apart.

III. Trailer

IV. Episodes

V. OSTs

VI. Reception

The 2020 remake You Are My Destiny has gotten 5.3 scores on Douban, 8.0 scores on Mydramalist, 9.4 on Rakuten Viki &, 7.5 on IMDB.

VII. Awards & Nominations

Year Award Category Nominee Result
    2020 Tencent Video TV And Movie Award Promising Actor of the Year Liang Jie Won
    2020 Tencent Video TV And Movie Award Promising Actor of the Year Zhaolin Xing Won
    2020 Tencent Video TV And Movie Award TV Series of the Year You Are My Destiny Won