My Love (C-Movie)

• MY-LOVE-Poster-scaled.jpg

I. Introduction

My Love is a 2021 Chinese romantic comedy film directed and co-written by Han Tian. It is a remake of the 2018 South Korean film On Your Wedding Day. The film stars Greg Hsu and Zhang Ruonan, and features Ding Guansen, Yan Zidong, Guo Cheng and Wang Shasha in supporting roles. Principal photography began at the end of May 2020, at locations such as Fuzhou, Quanzhou, Xiamen, Zhangzhou in China and wrapped on July 28, 2020.

My Love was released in China on April 30, 2021. The film was released in Singapore on May 6 and in Brunei on May 13. Opening in theaters in North America, Australia and New Zealand starts from May 7. The film is being released in South Korea on August 25, 2021. The release date of 520 is also known as Chinese Valentine's Day.

II. Synopsis

Back in high school, Zhou Xiaoqi (Greg Hsu) was a student with swimming speciality. You Yongci (Zhang Ruonan) was a transfer student of the same high school. At the first sight, Zhou fell in love with You. Before Zhou expressed his true feelings, You left without saying goodbye. Zhou holds and protects this young and ignorant pure love inside his heart for over 15 years.

III. Cast

Pic Name Character
    Greg Hsu Zhou Xiaoqi
    Zhang Ruonan You Yongci

IV. Trailers

V. Movie

VI. OSTs

VII. Reception

My Love received mixed reviews from critics but was widely successful at the box office, making it the highest-grossing romantic comedy film of 2021 in China. It grossed CN¥424 million (US$65.6 million) in its three day opening weekend in China. The film has grossed over $121 million worldwide. It has received 5.8 on IMDB, 7.9 on Mydramalist, 9.5 on iQiyi.

VIII. Awards & Nominations

Year Award Category Nominee Result
    2021 30th Huading Awards Best New Performer Greg Hsu Nominated