Another Me

• UVBgl2Wsk14AKBtiTH1mZY-QyRFrCT4838PdMY_6KXQtFUhFdJVBZCuSzGV6UgVVw1NgIijpc6zWspaULyb3RDZ_NV0AMltH7xINcpvXRElbhJeZ6t9dl6HOSP0dV9tg9Os6gxmXptnWjOA0ptG42I1tFmtd2yWHfpj1ipzoHFqaZ-5H_PfxIVn1aRpvIdfG7oMyiy9nx2MwcsgXaZ9a2B0jG7wmgpJx4OqsgUNKV47avSUpoEMOTABWj0_D4sKRK0qIOkHGK5InGaPpW5aNeLzMuk0nqDx2bZDikHYR87bYz2Bbh6nw24ty-2hGpyso97AuzgJ2PZ4oIyVnZF2kZnRWjGNGsn4vsgylET9YtgusDgL39_ITLOexS-Ctc6q_1WJXKgQiHrFMS2O0B6a2_y2UNtYFz7GU-0b9Ki2CaCgG6uqNYq214rPEB5Eyo0eXRJerh9gToGPKXowuoboDO8Dv4kYJ3YZoHyNYWR_Jke-9kcyGzS3mndr1hQQ8zbAU2dIcXhFNALerANLhRBtsP8_uCqKkrSI0WpmVUx1QIPZwgq2BbxoN29fqXSgzD9HXRDsJH3ShtYV3t62ECk34tVPdG1NwppIWKVivvaFYWmdQ6vceYDAiQPxtAx1V90_wNXomi52Ev1K_lQ5A0Hoz2k4G95Ja8Us=s800?Another%20Me%20China%20Web%20Drama.jpg

I. Introduction

Another Me is a 2019 Chinese television series starring Shen Yue, Chen Duling, Xiong Ziqi and Zou Tingwei. It is based on the 2016 film Soul Mate which is an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Anni Baobei. The series aired on iQiyi from July 22 to September 4, 2019. The drama started filming in Ningbo on May 6, 2018. It wrapped up filming on September 3, 2018.

II. Synopsis

Two city girls with widely different personalities have been best friends since they were thirteen. Their relationship is tested due to the complications of the heart. In a small city in the South, the high-spirited An Sheng (Shen Yue) helps her bashful friend Qi Yue (Chen Duling) get together with Jiaming (Dylan Xiong), their senior in high school. Jiaming gradually becomes attracted to An Sheng and in order to protect her friendship with Qi Yue, An Sheng joins band singer A Pan in his travels. Qi Yue and Jiaming grow apart after entering different universities, and their meetings become less frequent and far between. At this time, An Sheng and A Pan end their relationship. She meets a businessman named Han Dong (Zou Tingwei) and starts to change jobs in order to make a living. Qi Yue busies herself with wedding planning after graduation, but Jiaming repeatedly blows it off. When Qiyue visits Jiaming at work, she discovers that he has a relationship with An Sheng. They two former friends meet again in the workplace, but can they still salvage what's left of their friendship?

III. Trailer

IV. Episodes

V. OSTs

VI. Reception

The movie version of the drama was a multi-awarded movie that brought critical acclaim to its two female leads Zhou Dongyu and Sandra Ma. There was some skepticism that the drama casted the less experienced Shen Yue and Chen Duling for the role. The drama has so far received 8.4 on iQiyi, 7.0 on Mydramalist, & 7.4 on IMDB.

VII. Awards & Nominations

Award Category Nominated Work Result
    The Third Internet Film Festival Most Promising Director Wei Jie Won
    15th Chinese American Film Festival Best Television Series Another Me Won
    Golden Bud - The Fourth Network Film And Television Festival Best Web Series Another Me Nominated
    Golden Bud - The Fourth Network Film And Television Festival Best Actress Shen Yue Nominated