Lee Jae Wook

• I. Introduction

Lee Jae-Wook was born on May 10, 1998. He hails from Seoul, South Korea.

He is a young South Korean actor who is popular for his roles in the film “The Battle of Jangsari”, and TV dramas like “Search: WWW”, “Extraordinary You” “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”, “When the Weather Is Fine”, and among others.

Despite playing a variety of old to young characters, many still believe Lee Jae Wook to be older than he actually is.

II. Career

Before he stepped foot into acting Lee Jae Wook attended Chun Ang University Theater Department and used to be a wedding photoshoot model.

His first-ever audition was for “Memories of the Alhambra" and ended up landing the role altogether.

Quote from Lee Jae Wook

“It was my first audition ever. I just went as a theatre and cinema major, and there were many people who brought their managers. Actually, back then, I told the director not to pick me. Now that I think about it, it was very arrogant.”

Laughing, he added, “Of course, I acted my best [in the audition].

In the end, the director said, ‘This is a very expensive production and a highly anticipated one that will air in the second half of the year.’ I got scared. So I told him to not use me and that I don’t know anything. Fortunately, he thought that was cute.”

After appearing in Memories of Alhambra, Hyun Bin’s agency VAST Entertainment recruited Lee Jaewook.

Later in 2019, he made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Lee Gae-tae in the 2019 action-war film, The Battle of Jangsari, which starred actors Kim Myung-min, Megan Fox, and Choi Min-ho. For this film, Jaewook played the role of a student soldier who was sent to Jangsari for a battle without proper training.

After this, the young actor appeared on the small screen in the role of Seol Ji-hwan in the 2019 k-drama "Search: WWW" and as Baek Kyung in "Extraordinary You" in the same year. For his role in Extraordinary You, he won the 2019 MBC Drama Award for “Best New Actor” and was also nominated for the same in the “Best Couple Award” (with Kim Hye-yoon and Rowoon) category.

Then in 2020, he was cast as Lee Jang-woo in the television drama series, When The Weather Is Fine, based on the novel of the same name. And in the same year, he bagged his first-ever lead role in a drama series where he played the role of Sunwoo Joon in "Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol".

And on April 28, 2021, Lee Jae Wook officially signed with C-JeS Entertainment, after his contract with VAST Entertainment had expired.

III. Filmography

IIII. Film

Movie Year Title Role Position
    2019 The Battle of Jangsari Lee Gae-tae Supporting Role

IIIII. TV Series

Year Title Network Role Notes
    2018-2019 Memories of the Alhambra tvN Macro Han
    2019 Search: WWW tvN Seol Ji-hwan
    2019 Extraordinary You MBC Baek Kyung
    2020 When the Weather Is Fine JTBC Lee Jang-woo
    2020 Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol KBS2 Sunwoo Joon
    2020 True Beauty tvN Baek Kyung Cameo
    2021 Move To Heaven Netflix Kim Soo-cheol Cameo

IV. Videography

V. Awards & Nominations

Award Ceremony Year Category Nominee/Work Result
    APAN Star Awards 2021 Best New Actor Extraordinary You Nominated
    APAN Star Awards 2021 Popular Star Award, Actor Extraordinary You Nominated
    Asia Artist Award 2020 Rookie of the Year Lee Jae Wook Won
    Baeksang Arts Awards 2020 Best New Actor – Television Extraordinary You Nominated
    Brand of the Year Awards 2020 Male Actor of the Year-Rookie Lee Jae Wook Won
    MBC Drama Awards 2019 Best New Actor Extraordinary You Won
    MBC Drama Awards 2019 Best Couple Award Lee Jae Wook with Kim Hye-yoon and Rowoon Extraordinary You Nominated
    KBS Drama Awards 2020 Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol Won
    KBS Drama Awards 2020 Best Couple Award Lee Jae Wook with Go Ara Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol Nominated

VI. Trivia

• He loves to sing and loves ballads.
    • His favourite movie genre is romance.
    • He mentioned senior actor Lee Sunjae as an actor that he wants to act with the most.
    • His favourite movie is ‘Good Will Hunting’.
    • He loves wearing street fashion and training suits.
    • His favourite colour is black.
    • His favourite dish is fast food.
    • His favourite singer is IU.
    • His favourite song to sing at karaoke is ‘Making a New Ending for This Story’ by Han Donggeun.
    • During his leisure time, Lee Jae Wook loves watching movies and writing.
    • He enjoys watching movies more than he does dramas.
    • He likes singing more than dancing.
    • He is more of a coffee person than a tea person.
    • He tries to surround himself with positivity.
    • He describes himself as a sensitive person.

VII. Other Social Media