You are currently viewing an older version of the entry. Click here, to view the current version.

• I.

II. History

The now-disbanded South Korean girl group 2NE1 debuted under YG Entertainment in 2009 with the song "Fire", but they were formed before that for a CF featuring the group and BIGBANG that was made for the promotion of the LG Cyon Lollipop mobile phone. The comebacks of 2NE1 that came after they debuted (which featured songs such as "I Don't Care", "Can't Nobody", "I Am the Best", and "Come Back Home") were popular, proving that they were a successful K-pop group that paved the way for K-pop girl groups like BLACKPINK, 4Minute, and EXID to try out concepts that weren't cute and/or innocent.

However, 2NE1's success wasn't to last. Their fall from grace started in 2014 with a drug scandal where member Park Bom was accused of smuggling amphetamines into South Korea (note: Yang Hyun-suk's long letter about Park Bom's amphetamines said that she was prescribed those amphetamines at an American hospital back when she lived in the United States because, when she was young, she suffered from trauma) and continued with Minzy's departure from the group, as well as YG pushing CL for an American solo album. It was in November 2016 that 2NE1's disbandment was officially announced, with CL and Dara renewing their contracts with YG and Park Bom leaving the company. Despite this, 2NE1's final single, "Goodbye", was released with the 3 members that remained after Minzy's departure.

III. Discography

IIII. South Korean full albums

1. To Anyone (2010)
    2. Crush (2014)

IIIII. South Korean mini albums

1. 2NE1 1st Mini Album (2009)
    2. 2NE1 2nd Mini Album (2011)

IIIIII. South Korean singles

1. Fire (2009)
    2. I Don't Care (Reggae Mix Ver.) (2009)
    3. Try to Follow Me (2010)
    4. Lonely (2011)
    5. I Am the Best (2011)
    6. Be Mine (2012)
    7. I Love You (2012)
    8. Falling in Love (2013)
    9. Do You Love Me (2013)
    10. Missing You (2013)
    11. Goodbye (2017)

IIIIV. Japanese albums

1. Nolza (mini, 2011)
    2. Collection (full, 2012)
    3. Crush (full, 2014)

IIIV. CFs

1. Lollipop (with BIGBANG, 2009, for the LG Cyon Lollipop mobile phone)

IIIVI. Collaborations with other artists

1. Gettin' Dumb (with will.i.am and apl.de.ap, 2013, on will.i.am's #Willpower album)
    2. You Are a Miracle (featured member: Minzy, with various artists, 2013, for the SBS 2013 Gayo Daejun Friendship Project)
    3. Dirty Vibe (featured member: CL, with G-Dragon, Skrillex, and Diplo, 2014, on Skrillex's Recess album)
    4. Doctor Pepper (featured member: CL, with Diplo, Riff Raff, and OG Maco, 2015, released as a standalone single)
    5. Daddy (featured member: CL, with PSY, 2015, on PSY's The 7th Album album)

IIIVII. Member solos

1. Kiss (by Dara and CL, 2009)
    2. You and I (by Bom, 2009)
    3. Don't Cry (by Bom, 2011)
    4. The Baddest Female (by CL, 2013)
    5. Hello Bitches (by CL, 2015)