FT Island - Five Treasure Box

• I. Introduction

Five Treasure Box is the fourth studio album by South Korean rock band F.T. Island. It was released in South Korea on September 10, 2012, under FNC Entertainment and distributed by Mnet Media. Being the band's first studio album in three years, the title of the album reflects the "treasure" of the songs on the album, where they contributed to seven of the ten tracks on the album by songwriting or composition.

II. Background & Release

The album is titled Five Treasure Box due to the members contributing to the lyrics and composition of seven of the ten tracks on the album. The album includes five Korean-language tracks previously recorded in Japanese. The band rewrote the lyrics in Korean and suggested to FNC Entertainment to include them on the album.

On the album jacket photos, each member was pictured with their most "treasured" possessions. Guitarist Choi Jong-hoon was pictured with exercise equipment, lead vocalist Lee Hongki was pictured with his three dogs, bassist Lee Jae-jin was pictured with magazines, comic books, and potato chips, drummer Choi Min-hwan was pictured with a television and a teddy bear, and guitarist Song Seung-hyun was pictured with sheet music and a headset.

F.T. Island first performed a snippet of the title track "I Wish" on September 1, 2012, at their Take Island concert. A music video teaser was revealed on September 6, which featured label mate Hye-jeong from AOA. That same day, a promotional truck playing the music video teaser drove throughout Seoul in order to promote the album. The full music video and the album was released on September 10.

On September 13, F.T. Island began promoting "I Wish" by performing the song, as well as "Let It Go!", on Mnet's M! Countdown. The band also made their comeback performances in the following days with "I Wish" and "Paper Plane" on Korean Broadcasting System's (KBS) Music Bank, performing "I Wish" and "Compass (The Way)" on Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation's (MBC) Show! Music Core, and on Seoul Broadcasting System's (SBS) The Music Trend with "I Wish" and "Life". On September 20, "I Wish" earned its first and only K-Chart win on M! Countdown.

III. Tracklist

Title Writer Producer Length
    "I Wish" (좋겠어) Han Seong-ho Kim Do-hun 3:41
    "Your Words" (너의 말) Kim Jae-yang Jeon Geun-hwa, Han Seung-hun 4:44
    "Stay with Me" Lee Hongki, Han Seung-hun Han Seung-hun 3:04
    "U (All I Want Is You)" Kim Jae-yang Choi Jong-hoon, Han Seung-hun 3:15
    "Let Her Go..." (보내주자...) Han Seong-ho Han Seung-hun 3:44
    "Paper Plane" Kim Jae-yang, Lee Jae-jin Lee Jae-jin, Corin 4:01
    "Wanna Go (World Does Not End Song)" (세상 끝나지 않는 노래) Lee Jae-jin Song Seung-hyun, Choi Min-hwan, Corin 3:26
    "Life" Lee Hongki Choi Jong-hoon 3:38
    "Compass (The Way)" (그 길) Lee Hongki Song Seung-hyun, Choi Min-hwan 3:45
    "Let It Go!" Kim Jae-yang, Choi Jong-hoon Choi Jong-hoon, Corin 3:38

IV. Spotify Playlist

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Videos

Official MV(s)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Live Performance(s)

External Content www.youtube.com

VI. Concept Picture(s)

VII. Reception

The album sold over 30,000 copies in its first week and debuted at number one on the weekly Gaon albums chart.

The single "I Wish" has peaked at number eight on the weekly Gaon singles chart and earned F.T. Island one K-Chart win on Mnet's music television program M! Countdown.