Tiffany - I Just Wanna Dance

• I. Introduction

I Just Wanna Dance is the debut mini album by Tiffany.

It was released by SM Entertainment on May 11,2016 and Lee Sooman former president of S.M. Entertainment, served as executive producer on the mini album.
    Musically is a primarily synthpop album with elements of trap and R&B that draws heavy influence from American female artists of the 1990s.

The album features 7 tracks with I Just Wanna Dance serving as the title track.

II. Background and Release

Tiffany began working on her solo record during the summer of 2015, having the mindset of it being the "transition into the next chapter of [her] music career." She recalled having long meetings with her label, S.M. Entertainment, to figure out the music concepts for the project. Her label initially expected Tiffany to put together an album that reflects a bubbly image. However, the singer had a different idea, stating that she wanted "something much more chill". According to Tiffany, the "real exciting part" for her being a solo artist is the ability to decide her own new "sound" and "message".

On May 4, 2016, Tiffany was officially announced to be debuting as a solo artist with I Just Wanna Dance. The album was released one week after on May 11, 2016.

After receiving good feedback from the international fanbase, a remix for the English version of "I Just Wanna Dance", by South Korean music producer Kago Pengchi, was released on May 23, 2016.

A promotional showcase for I Just Wanna Dance, where Tiffany performed four of the album's songs for the first time, was held on May 10, 2016.

Afterwards, the singer also held a live show where she interacted with fans through a Naver online app.

Tiffany spent June 2016 promoting the album through a series of small concerts titled Weekend and the concert was held at the SMTOWN Coex Artium in Gangnam.

III. Music and Composition

I Just Wanna Dance is a synthpop electronic track that draws inspiration from American retro musical styles of the 1990s with a "modern take''.

''Talk'' is a trap -influenced song instrumented by synthesizers.

''Fool'' " is characterized as a 1990s-inspired R&B track with a "slow-burning" vocal performance.

"What Do I Do" is a 2000s-inspired dance song in which Tiffany, according to Chester Chin from The Star, "channels R&B diva vibe.

''Yellow Light''was described as a 1990's R&B track, while the last track ''Once in a Lifetime'', as opposed to the rest of the album is an acoustic ballad.

IV. Tracklist

1."I Just Wanna Dance" 3:29
    2."Talk" 3:34
    3."Fool" 3:28
    4."What Do I Do" 3:03
    5."Yellow Light" 3:22
    6."Once in a Lifetime" 3:51

V. Spotify Playlist

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

VI. Videos

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

VII. Concept Pictures