Lee Da Hee

• I. Introduction

Lee Da Hee is a prominent South Korean actress, model, MC and host. She gained immense fame by appearing in several popular Korean TV dramas including "I Can Hear Your Voice", "Secret Love", “Mrs. Cop”, "Beauty Inside", “Search: WWW”, “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”, and among others.

II. Profile

Lee Da hee was born on March 15, 1985, in South Korea. Before she ventured into acting, at the age of 18 Lee was one of the finalists of the 2002 Super Elite Model Contest.

She would later start off her acting career by playing supporting roles in several Korean TV dramas. Some of these TV drama series is "Secret Love", "The Legend", and "Birdie Buddy". Da hee also appeared in films like "Delivering Love", "Harmony", and "Begin Again (오월)".

Then in 2013, it will become Lee's breakout year, when she starred in two rating hits - courtroom drama "I Can Hear Your Voice" and melodrama "Secret Love". This was followed by her first leading role in a miniseries, in the revenge drama "Big Man". Her popularity increased further when she appeared in the 2015 drama "Mrs. Cop". And in 2016, Lee signed with the talent agency Huayi Brothers.

Since then, she has starred in "The Beauty Inside" (2018), "Search: WWW" (2019), and "LUCA: The Beginning" (2021). Not only has she been in dramas but she's been very active in various entertainment programs. She has been the MC for the "Queendom" and "Road to Kingdom".

III. Filmography

Flim Title Role Year
    Delivering Love

Jang Na-rae 2008
    Harmony

Gong Na-yeong 2010

Network Drama Title Role Year
    SBS Thousand Years of Love Cafe girl 2003
    N/A Open Drama 그 별은 그렇게 우리에게 왔다 Mi-hui 2003
    SBS Into the Storm (폭풍속으로) Lee Jeong-yeon 2004
    MBC Sad Love Story Kang Shin-hee 2005
    MBC Air City Han Yi-kyung 2007
    MBC The Legend Gakdan 2007
    MBC The Secret of Coocoo Island Lee Da-hee 2008
    MBC Royal Family Prosecutor 2011
    tvN I Need Romance Lee Min-jung 2011
    tvN Birdie Buddy Min Hae-ryung 2011
    CSTV Saving Mrs. Go Bong-shil Oh Eun-mi 2011
    SBS Welcome Rain to My Life Han Dan-bi 2012
    SBS I Can Hear Your Voice Seo Do-yeon 2013
    KBS2 Secret Love Shin Se-yeon 2013
    KBS2 Big Man So Mi-ra 2014
    SBS Mrs. Cop Min Do-young 2015
    KBS2 Queen of Mystery 2 Jung Hee-yeon/Seo Hyun-soo 2018
    JTBC The Beauty Inside Kang Sa-ra 2018
    tvN Search: WWW Cha Hyeonang 2019
    tvN L.U.C.A.: The Beginning Goo Reum 2021

IV. Variety Shows & Hosting

Network Title Role Year
    Olive Food Essay Host 2011
    MBC Real Men Cast member (season 1) 2015
    KBS2 Entertainment Weekly Host 2015-2016
    SBS Law of the Jungle in Cook Island Part of second-half cast members. (Episodes 299–301) 2017-2018
    SBS Law of the Jungle in Sabah Cast member (Episode 330–333) 2018
    Mnet Queendom Host 2019
    Mnet Road to Kingdom Host 2020

Network Title Notes Year
    JTBC 34th Golden Disc Awards Day 1 hosting with Sung Si-kyung 2020
    JTBC 34th Golden Disc Awards Day 2 hosting with Sung Si-kyung 2021

V. Music Videos

VI. Discography

Lee Da Hee sang the acoustic ver of 'Your Eyes' OST for her Korean drama, "L.U.C.A.: The Beginning" and she would again lend her voice to 'When I See You On TV' OST for her other drama, "Search WWW".

VII. Videography

VIII. Awards & Nominations

Award Ceremony Nominee Work Category Year Result
    Asia Artist Awards The Beauty Inside Asia Brilliant Award 2018 Won
    Baeksang Arts Awards The Beauty Inside Best Supporting Actress (Television) 2019 Nominated
    Dong-A.com's Pick Lee Da-hee Sister Take Me Award 2019 Won
    Korea Drama Awards Secret Love Best Supporting Actress 2013 Won
    Korea Drama Awards Secret Love Netizen Award, Actress 2013 Nominated
    Korea Drama Awards Lee Da-hee (with Bae Soo-bin) Secret Love Best Couple Award 2013 Nominated
    Korea Drama Awards Big Man Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries 2014 Nominated
    Korea Drama Awards Big Man Popularity Award, Actress 2014 Won
    Korea Drama Awards I Can Hear Your Voice Excellence Award, Actress 2013
    Nominated
    MBC Entertainment Awards Real Men: Female Edition 2 Top Female Excellence Award in Variety Show 2015 Nominated
    SBS Drama Awards I Can Hear Your Voice New Star Award 2013 Won
    SBS Drama Awards I Can Hear Your Voice Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries 2013 Nominated
    SBS Drama Awards Mrs. Cop Special Award, Actress in a Miniseries 2015 Won
    SBS Entertainment Awards Running Man Best Challenge Award 2018 Nominated
    Soompi Awards The Beauty Inside Best Supporting Actress 2019 Nominated

IX. Trivia

• Lee Da Hee mentioned that her height (176 cm) is a complex of hers. She would go on to say that it's hard to get a role with such a tall height (Korean standard).
    Quote from Lee Da Hee

“As an actress, I don’t think being tall is a good thing. If you’re tall, there’s a preconception that you won’t look as good with actors. When I was a model, I wanted to be tall, but now it’s just the opposite. Since I’m so tall and have wide shoulders, I start looking really big if I gain weight. There’s a pretty clear difference in my body image when I gain or lose weight. I’m always on a diet so I can lose weight and appear smaller."

• She has a habit of bending down when taking a picture with male actors. Because of this, her neck tends to bend forward and she is getting position correction for it.
    • She was even mistaken for a basketball player due to her height.
    Quote from Lee Da Hee

“Someone approached me while I was working as a supermodel. I was anticipating what they would say, but they asked me if I was a basketball player.”

• She has a brother named Lee Tae-hee.
    • She attended Yongin High School and Sejong University for her higher studies.
    • She doesn't like her big feet.
    • She faces difficulties in her drama roles as many producers prefer a height difference of around 10cm (4 inches) between the male and female leads, but it’s harder finding male leads who are around 186cm (6 feet 1 inch).
    • She can sing and has sung the OSTs for her dramas.
    • Her favorite girl group is Mamamoo.
    • She discovered Mamamoo through Decalcomanie.
    • She is known to be the biggest MooMoo and is referred to by Korean fans as MooMoo President.
    • She flexed her lightstick on Instagram.