Ilhoon

• Ilhoon (일훈) is a South Korean rapper, songwriter, record producer, and actor. He originally debuted as a member of BtoB. He left the group in December 2020 after being investigated for marijuana use.

I. Personal Life

Ilhoon was born Jung Ilhoon (정일훈) on October 4, 1994 in Seoul, South Korea. He graduated from Hanlim Multi Art School and attended Korea College of Media Arts. He is the younger brother of singer Joo.

II. Career

III. BtoB

Ilhoon debuted as the main rapper of BtoB on March 12, 2012. He left the group in December 2020.

IIII. Solo Activities

From 2012 until 2015, Ilhoon appeared regularly as a special host of Weekly Idol alongside Apink's Bomi. In 2012, he collaborated with 4Minute's Gayoon with the song "My Love By My Side" for the musical of the same name. He also featured in Hyuna's "Unripe Apple" which was a track from her second EP, Melting. In 2013, he was featured in 2YOON's Harvest Moon EP for the track "Nightmare", where he showed his impressive rapping skills. His featuring activities continued as he was later on revealed to be collaborating with G.NA for the lead single, "Oops!", of the Beautiful Kisses EP.

In 2015, Ilhoon starred in the web-drama, Webtoon Hero: Tundra Show as Kim Sungmin. Later that year, Cube Entertainment announced Hyuna's lead single for A+, titled "Roll Deep" (Because I'm the Best), would feature Ilhoon . He also participated in the making of the album. Later in 2015, Ilhoon joined the line-up for Unpretty Rapstar 2's semi-finals episode as he performed with contestant Jiyoon for the track "This Ain't Me".

On May 24, 2017, it was revealed that Ilhoon would be releasing a self-composed track on May 30, as part of BtoB's "Piece of BtoB" solo project. On May 26, it was revealed the song would be "Fancy Shoes". In September 2017, it was announced Ilhoon would be joining the cast of web-mockumentary, The Cushion, alongside label mate Yoo Seonho and Korean beauty YouTuber Lena.

On February 12, 2018, it was announced that Ilhoon would be releasing his first solo album the following March. Ilhoon participated in writing and composing the songs. On February 21, 2019, Ilhoon dropped a digital single, "Spoiler", featuring solo artist Babylon.

III. Discography

Artwork Title Release Date Type
    Fancy Shoes (Piece of BtoB, Vol. 2) May 30, 2017 Digital Single
    Big Wave March 8, 2018 Mini Album

IV. Filmography

Year Title Role Network
    2012-16 Weekly Idol Special Host MBC Every1
    2014 The Heirs Himself (cameo) SBS
    2015 Webtoon Hero: Tundra Show Kim Sungmin MBC Every1
    2017 The Cushion Main Cast Naver TV
    2018 Dae Jang Geum Is Watching RoongD (cameo) MBC
    2018 Idol Room Special Host JTBC