Lay - NAMANANA

• I. Introduction

NAMANANA is the second studio album by Chinese singer and rapper Lay. It was released on October 19, 2018 and features 22 tracks in Chinese and English versions. The album is Lay's U.S. debut.

II. Commercial Performance

The album broke eight records and reached Double Diamond on QQ Music in China within 11 minutes and 11 seconds of its presale, becoming the fastest to do so. It broke the ninth record on QQ Music and reached Hall of Fame Gold Diamond Status in just under 12 hours. It became the best-selling album of the year on QQ Music. It also reached #1 on the U.S. Billboard World Albums and Independent albums charts, as well as reaching #21 on the Billboard 200. It also charted in France.

III. Awards

The album won Best Selling Digital Album of the Year at the Tencent Music Entertainment Awards in 2019. Lay won Producer of the Year at the iQIYI Scream Night Awards in 2019 for the album. It also won "Top Ten Gold Songs" at the 26th ERC Chinese Top 10 Awards and Best Music Arrangement of the Year at the Pop Music Gold Annual Festival.

IV. Promoted Singles

Title Release Date
    "Give Me A Chance" October 5, 2018
    "Namanana" October 19, 2018

V. Promotional Videos

Album Teaser

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

VI. Music Video

"Namanana"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Give Me A Chance"

VII. Track List

VIII. CD 1: Chinese

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement
    "集结号" (The Assembly Call) - Lay Lay
    "梦不落雨林" (Namanana) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music) Lay, PinkSlip, Anthony Pavel, MZMC Lay
    "爱到这" (Give Me a Chance) Wang Jing Yun Lay, Andrew Bazzi, Mike Woods, Kevin White, MZMC Lay
    "催眠术" (Lay U Down) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music) Lay, Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk, Qi Zhe Xi Lay
    "爱的引力" (Save You) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music), Lay Lay, Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay
    "坚持" (Hold On) Sun Yi En Lay, Jeff Lewis Lay
    "幸福上瘾" (Thing For You) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music) Lay, VEDO Lay
    "麻婆豆腐" (Mapo Tofu) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music) Lay, Dawn Lay
    "香水" (Flavour) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music) Lay, Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay
    "快门回溯" (Don't Let Me Go) Pan Yan Ting (Golden Hook Music) Lay, Qi Zhe Xi, Michaela Shiloh, MZMC, VMP, Kyle Christopher Lay, Qi Zhe Xi
    "贝壳女孩" (Tattoo) Zhou Wei Jie Lay, Hyuk Shin, JJ Evans (Joombas), Ashley Alisha (Joombas) Lay

VIIII. CD 2: English

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement
    "The Assembly Call" - Lay Lay
    "Namanana" Anthony Pavel, PinkSlip Lay, PinkSlip, Anthony Pavel, MZMC Lay
    "Give Me a Chance" Andrew Bazzi, Kevin White Lay, Andrew Bazzi, Mike Woods, Kevin White, MZMC Lay
    "Lay U Down" Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay, Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk, Qi Zhe Xi Lay
    "Save You" Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay, Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay
    "Hold On"
    Jeff Lewis Lay, Jeff Lewis Lay
    "Thing For You" VEDO Lay, VEDO Lay
    "Mapo Tofu" Anthony Pavel, MZMC Lay, Dawn Lay
    "Flavour" Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay, Jakob Mihoubi, Rudi Daouk Lay
    "Don't Let Me Go" Anthony Pavel, MZMC Lay, Qi Zhe Xi, Michaela Shiloh, MZMC, VMP, Kyle Christopher Lay, Qi Zhe Xi
    "Tattoo" JJ Evans (Joombas), Ashley Alisha (Joombas) Lay, Hyuk Shin, JJ Evans (Joombas), Ashley Alisha (Joombas) Lay

VIII. Trivia

- This release is the first co-released under Lay's studio under SM, Zhang Yixing Studio.

- With his growing career in China and rising political tensions between China and South Korea, Lay announced in June 2017 that he would not take part in EXO's next album and would focus on his solo career in mainland China. He is still listed as formally in the group, but has been absent from EXO albums and public appearances from June 2017 to June 2021, although he still maintains relationships with members and often publicly supports their own solo and group activities in social media. He participated in the June 2021 EXO release Don't Fight the Feeling, including the album and music video.