HAN

• EaUcLVeVcAUc9S-?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Han is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter, and member of the group Stray Kids.

I. Information

Birthday: September 14, 2000

Birthplace: Incheon

MBTI: ISTP

Zodiac sign: Virgo

Blood type: B

Representative animal: Quokka

Motto: "This too shall pass"

He is also a member of the producing subunit 3RACHA, responsible for the creation of Stray Kids' music.

II. How he became an idol:

Because of his father's job, Jisung and his family lived in Malaysia during his middle school days. It was during those years he decided he wanted to become a singer, since he thought telling stories through music was cool. To pursue his dreams, he made a deal with his parents: he goes back to Korea, and if he doesn't get accepted to a company in a year, he would return to continue his studies. It wasn't among his original plans to audition at JYP Entertainment, however one day, after auditioning with a friend at another company, he heard JYPE is also holding auditions. He didn't believe he could make it but that friend persuaded him to try anyway, at least they could spot a celebrity. And so, he passed auditions at 15, becoming the second trainee to join after Bang Chan among those who would eventually form Stray Kids. Then Changbin joined – whom he used to consider the only trainee whose rap skills truly challenge him – and the common interests of the aforementioned three led to 3RACHA being founded in early 2017.

II. Meet Han through music.

Han is known for, among many other things, his sentimental songs, often expressing a sense of fragility and introspection.

Below you can listen to Stray Kids songs he's the sole lyricist (and for the majority, also the main composer) of and also to his solo projects made with the support of Bang Chan.

With Stray Kids

"19". It's an age that marks the beginning of adulthood but what does that mean in the first place? The song deals with the complicated feelings of crossing that gap between childhood and the unfamiliar future.

"If this moment passes, what if it gets far away?

What if I never see the me of right now again?"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Sunshine"

"LA looked so pretty. Mountains and skies were so beautiful, I wrote Sunshine during those times. I want to rest but I can't because I'm afraid that I'd fall behind. I don't want to tread water so I can't rest willingly. The lyrics are about an ideal break rather than a realistic one […] People like me can't take a break because they'd feel empty." — Han

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Slump" is an emotional, raw confession written after a creative block of his in the summer of 2019.

"I started to become calculative at some point. I started to write songs with the thought of knowing that if I write it in this way, it would become a side track, and if I write it in the other way, people would look at it strangely. I didn't feel good about it. I didn't listen to music for a whole month. I tried to block out all the other melodies and focused on myself. After being determined to only write songs that I want to write, I started to get out of the slump. I also managed to write songs that are much better than the ones before." — Han

"Another Day"

It was a day like any other but nothing felt right at all, nothing ever feels sincere: and loneliness creeps up. Is it overly idealistic to expect anything else? He wishes for this song to comfort listeners and help them organise their thoughts.

"Is everyone but me happy? I really want to know

Or am I just a kid who doesn’t know how to hide it yet"

"Secret Secret"

"As the title suggests —Secret Secret— everyone has a secret that cannot be told. There are times when even talking to people doesn't help. Sometimes you're scared it will work to your disadvantage. I've been thinking about such things a lot, which made me write this song. To those who listen to this song, instead of saying 'I went through this' I wanted to say 'I bet you went through something similar. Just like you, I am thinking about the same thing. We are both human and we are friends.' That's what I wanted to say through the song." — Han

…and by himself

"Close" is Han's first solo SKZ-Player project. The atmospheric song deals with the awkwardness of first love upon first sight. It was inspired by a 15-second clip from the 2004 movie Closer – which Han didn't actually watch, aside from that particular clip.

"I Got It" is a 180 degree turn from his light, sentimental songs. This confidence and wordplay-filled track touches on absurd nit-picking of antis and identity as an idol rapper.

"Alien" is a word Han really likes. It's also how he would describe the way he felt in the past, as someone with little social skills and experience with human interaction suddenly being surrounded by many others when he became a trainee. He wishes for the song to comfort those who are struggling with loneliness like he did back then.

"Wish You Back" is a song that tackles never being able to meet a cherished person again who had a great role in one's life. The song was inspired by the anime movie "Your Name", to which Han imagined an alternate, sad ending where the protagonists never meet again.

"HaPpY" expresses the acceptance of a breakup and wishing the other person a happy life, even while feelings of longing remain. According to Han, this song is a sequel to "Close" and "Wish You Back".

III. Trivia

• He's the youngest idol to have as many KOMCA-registered credits as he does. (100 as of January 2022). He is the third most copyrighted 4th generation idol after Bang Chan and Changbin.
    • He's said to have a "fraud-like character" meaning he's so good at everything it's difficult to believe.
    • He likes anime, especially Ghibli films.
    • He likes cheesecake and ice americano.
    • He and Lee Know are said to have the closest bond in the group.
    • He likes writing songs when he's in his night feelings.
    • He's good at freestyling. (He did it even for some monthly evaluations as a trainee.)
    • He likes reptiles.
    • If he could be an animal in his next life, he'd be a jellyfish.
    • He can imitate Doraemon.
    • He likes philosophy.
    • He enjoys nature documentaries.
    • He doesn't like having to get out of bed.
    • He can play the guitar.
    • His favourite season is winter.
    • He often acts as the mood maker in the group.
    • He can speak English conversationally.