Taeyeon - Why

• I. Introduction

Why is the second mini album by Taeyeon, released on June 28,2016.

The founder of SM Entertaiment, Lee Sooman served as the producer of the album.

The EP saw the contributions of alternative R&B singer Dean and fellow SNSD's member Hyoyeon.

Musically, Why incorporates various genres including EDM, R&B and Pop.
    The mini album consists of 7 songs with Why serving as the title track.

Why received generally positive reviews from media outlets, who were favorable towards the EP's diverse musical styles and Taeyeon's vocals.
    Chester Chin from The Star lauded the album's musical styles with "impressive melodies and a general feel-good vibe". He additionally complimented on Taeyeon's vocals and labelled Why as "a super solid" follow-up to her previous extended play I.

II. Commercial Performance

The EP was a commercial success in South Korea, peaking atop the Gaon Album Chart and has sold over 110,000 physical copies.

The EP additionally charted at numbers thirty and two on the Japanese Oricon chart and the US Billboard World Albums.

Why and Starlight also fared well commercially, entering the top ten of South Korea's Gaon Digital Chart.

III. Tracklist

1. Why

2. Starlight

3. Fashion

4. Hands On Me

5. Up & Down

6. Good Thing

7. Night

IV. MV and Album Tracks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com