TONE

• ]

I. Introduction

TONE is the fifth Japanese full album for South Korean boy group TVXQ, known in Japan as Tohoshinki. It was released on September 28, 2011, and is the first Japanese album as a duo, after the departure of Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu. It had three physical versions - Version A: a CD + DVD version with music videos; Version B, another CD + DVD version with movies and an additional track; and Version C, a CD-only version with one bonus track.

II. Commercial Performance

The album debuted at the top of the Japanese Oricon Albums Chart. During its second week of sales, it broke an 11-year-old record of most copies sold by a foreign artist. By its third week, it earned a platinum certification by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) two weeks after its first week in stores. It went to be the group's best selling original Japanese album. One of the two singles on the album "Why? (Keep Your Head Down)" was release ahead of the album in January and became the group's 9th single to top the Oricon Singles Chart. It also was certified platinum by the RIAJ and became the group's second-highest selling single in Japan. The second single, "Superstar," was also released ahead of the album. It reached #1 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100 and #2 on the Oricon Chart, and was certified as Gold by its second week.

III. Promotional Singles

Title Release Date
    "Why? (Keep Your Head Down)" January 28, 2011
    "Superstar" July 20, 2011

IV. Music Videos

Why? (Keep Your Head Down)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Superstar

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Track List

VI. All CDs

Title Lyrics Music
    "Introduction: Magenta" Shinjiroh Inoue Shinjiroh Inoue
    "B.U.T. (Be-Au-Ty)" Yoo Young-jin, Luna Yoo Young-jin, Ryan Jhun, Antwann Frost
    "I Think U Know" Luna Nermin Harambasic, Robin Jenssen, Ronny Svendsen, Anne Judith Wik
    "Duet" Shinjiroh Inoue Shinjiroh Inoue
    "Thank You My Girl" Luna John Paul Lam, Tony Oh, Akil Thompson
    "Telephone" Luna Michele, Vice-Malin, C.J. Vanston, Matt Tryggestad
    "Back to Tomorrow" Shinjiroh Inoue White N3rd, Paul Lewis
    "Why? (Keep Your Head Down)" (Japanese version) Luna Yoo Han-jin, Yoo Young-jin
    "Maximum" (Japanese version) Luna Yoo Young-jin
    "I Don't Know" Luna Hitchhiker
    "Superstar" Luna Lars Halvor Jensen, Johannes Joergensen, Drew Ryan Scott, Linday Robbins
    "Flowers with the Color of Happiness" (シアワセ色の花 ) Katsushiko Yamamoto Katsushiko Yamamoto
    "Easy Mind" Luna Coach, greensleeves

VII. Version B cd - all of above + bonus track:

"Weep" Shinjiroh Inoue solaya

VIII. Version C cd - all of above (including version B bonus track) + bonus track:

"Somebody to Love" (2011 version) Yoshimitsu Sawamoto, Mai Osanai Kei Haneoka

Version A - DVD

"Why? (Keep Your Head Down) (Japanese version)
    "Superstar"
    "I Don't Know"
    "B.U.T. (Be-Au-Ty)"
    "Superstar" (dance version)
    "I Don't Know" (dance version)
    "B.U.T. (Be-Au-Ty)" (dance version)
    "Superstar PV Shoot Off Shot Movie" (limited edition only)

VIV. Version B - DVD:

"Maximum/Why? (Keep Your Head Down)"
    "Superstar JK Shooting Off Shoot Movie"
    "Album JK Shooting Off Shoot Movie"